Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 186767 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day3
« Reply #1450 on: August 01, 2013, 12:39:26 am »

I've said all I think I need to say. Ashersky is totally scum. He's coming up with anything and everything to paint me as scummy. I get this, since if he's town, he has really good reason to suspect I'm town.

What's even fishier, though, is Raerae. Like Ashersky, she's coming up with anything and everything to paint me as scum, rather than trying to identify my scumminess. Unlike Ashersky, though, she doesn't have the benefit of knowing either one of our alignments, if she is scum. She's either Ashersky's partner, or is happily piling onto a town-on-town fight, I think. I don't think her actions make sense as a town.

One of my main scum tells (not one I used to find AShersky, though) is people trying to prove a point that someone is scum, rather than ascertain scumminess (which is what a townie obviously wants to do). Raerae is setting off alarm bells on this front, right now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 01, 2013, 12:42:34 am »

I made it to page 18 of the re-read, but since TA seems to have given up, I might as well.

Are you all still sold on a no-lynch?  I absolutely believe that one of TA and I have to die for this game to move forward.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 01, 2013, 12:47:24 am »

I still want to no-lynch. Give the PR another chance.

Let's schedule the no-lynch for friday! weekends are busy for everyone anyways, so having the weekend be night would be awesome.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 01, 2013, 12:52:00 am »

Let's schedule the no-lynch for friday! weekends are busy for everyone anyways, so having the weekend be night would be awesome.

Forum Friday is my Saturday, so I can lay a no-lynch vote down on Forum Thursday.  Should be fine.

I mean, I don't oppose a no lynch in principle.  I just think, someone dies, then we pick up this argument tomorrow.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: August 01, 2013, 12:54:39 am »

Forum Friday is my Saturday, so I can lay a no-lynch vote down on Forum Thursday.  Should be fine.

I mean, I don't oppose a no lynch in principle.  I just think, someone dies, then we pick up this argument tomorrow.

I agree. Kinda anti-climatic, and doesn't move the game forward, but I think the possibility of PR catching a scum outweighs it. To me, I'll lynch you today or I'll lynch you tomorrow, makes no difference to me! ;)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: August 01, 2013, 12:59:12 am »

I agree. Kinda anti-climatic, and doesn't move the game forward, but I think the possibility of PR catching a scum outweighs it. To me, I'll lynch you today or I'll lynch you tomorrow, makes no difference to me! ;)

Honestly, if they haven't already, the Psychologist is investigating you or me.  So 50/50 chance, I guess.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: August 01, 2013, 06:41:46 am »

i can drop the hammer whenever as well.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: August 01, 2013, 07:39:42 am »

Honestly, if they haven't already, the Psychologist is investigating you or me.  So 50/50 chance, I guess.

...how do you know one of you is scum? Now who has more information!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: August 01, 2013, 08:03:58 am »

My take on TA-Ash:

(After the nolynch) I would prefer to lynch someone other than those two, because I think it's practically impossible for them both to be scum411, but I can see both being town pretty easily and I find it really really hard to pick between the two.

Better targets in liopoil, raerae and mcmc in my opinion. It's interesting that mcmc thinks ash is scum and raerae thinks that TA is scum.

Should we post those silly read lists before heading to the night?

raerae/liopoil
mcmc
ashersky/TA/Jimmm
chairs

Btw mcmc is finding me scummy for suspecting ashersky day 1, as far as I can see that was the crux of his case. Yet, at the end of this day when everyone else was picking between chairs and Voltaire (I really really opposed lynching Voltaire, btw), mcmc's vote was parked on ashersky. Mcmc, you chose to have you vote on ashersky instead of some of the more viable lynches, yet you call me scummy for suspecting him day 1. Can you explain this?

Reason for the townier read on Jimmm is just that he is so egregiously lurky, he couldn't expect to survive veyr long if he was scum. There is a precedent for town Jimmm lurking due to irl, scum Jimmm's activity surely would be affected by real life but I think he'd make more of an effort when he were here. Jimm buddy, you are hurting town with your lack of activity though.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: August 01, 2013, 08:38:21 am »

It was the reasoning. Ashersky's gambit early day 1 looked hugely like town ashersky, as it dragged on and began being destructive to town it led me to believe him to be more scum ashersky. You thought he was scummy based on the original gambit whic I found towny.

It's not strong, that added to other things I have felt you have interpreted differently makes you slightly scummy.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: August 01, 2013, 08:44:04 am »

Vote Count 3.7

Everyone gasped when the missionary said yuma's name. The Singing Telegram Girl began to scream. So did Mr. Green.

"Why are you screaming," asked Col. Mustard.

"Because I am afraid," said Mr. Green.

"What are you afraid of?"

"Screaming!"

No lynch: (3) liopoil, Jimmmmmm, mcmc (L-2)
TA: (2) ashersky, raerae

Not voting: (3) TA, Eevee, chairs

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day3 is August 6 at 2 pm forum time.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:52:54 pm by yuma »

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:06 am »

...how do you know one of you is scum? Now who has more information!

To add on to that, how do you know it's a Psychologist and not a detective?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:23 pm »

Vote: No-lynch That's L-1.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:12 pm »

First post of D2 - he knew kermit was the one our (on the reread) obvious hider hide behind.  He came out of the gate and called it right away.  Everybody else had to check the math, had to check that UoS agreed to the plan, had to double-check the math and then discuss it before accusing anybody.  TA knew what was going to happen and wanted credit for it.  His check of everything came 1.5 minutes later.

I want to draw everyone to this point by Raerae. This is the biggest example of her looking for reasons to prove that I'm scummy, rather than her trying to determine my scumminess.

What raerae is accusing me of here is knowing that UoS would hide behind Nkirbit, before the N1 flips were revealed. She's saying that, rather than just immediately checking the math, I KNEW that UoS was the hider, I KNEW his flavor name would cause him to hide behind Nkirbit, and I KNEW he would die. This is impossible for a scum to know! Even if I were scum, it would be impossible for me to know all of this. Yet she's using it as a point to find me scummy.

She has taken a scenario, and accused me of being scummy for it, when it's an impossible scenario. There's no way scum could have known who the hider was hiding behind, even if they were really really awesome and guessed who the hider actually was. No way.

Her accusing me of "knowing what was going to happen" is absurd, and even more so, downright impossible. Yet she's using it to find me scummy!

This is a misrepresentation of raerae, TA.  She is not "accusing [you] of knowing that UoS would hide behind Nkirbit."

She's accusing you of knowing that UoS HID behind Nkirbit because UoS was a dead Hider.  You knew that because maybe, during the night, or during D1, after you got a plan agreed to by most everyone, you and your scumbuddies went down the list and figured out who would get outed if each other town player was the Hider.  It's not as much figuring as it sounds like, since you could remove four player names and four flavor names from the equation.

You looked at the flip, saw UoS + flavor name, knew he must have hid behind nkirbit, asserted it right away.  I believe that's what raerae is accusing you of.

Eevee, Mcmc, Chairs, anyone else, I want to draw your attention to this post, again, since none of you commented on it. This is Raerae accusing me of something that's impossible, me stating that it's impossible, and Ashersky defending Raerae's reasoning.

To me, there's clearly scum in raerae/Ashersky trying to paint me as scummy for any reason possible. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were scum!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »

First post of D2 - he knew kermit was the one our (on the reread) obvious hider hide behind.  He came out of the gate and called it right away.  Everybody else had to check the math, had to check that UoS agreed to the plan, had to double-check the math and then discuss it before accusing anybody.  TA knew what was going to happen and wanted credit for it.  His check of everything came 1.5 minutes later.

I want to draw everyone to this point by Raerae. This is the biggest example of her looking for reasons to prove that I'm scummy, rather than her trying to determine my scumminess.

What raerae is accusing me of here is knowing that UoS would hide behind Nkirbit, before the N1 flips were revealed. She's saying that, rather than just immediately checking the math, I KNEW that UoS was the hider, I KNEW his flavor name would cause him to hide behind Nkirbit, and I KNEW he would die. This is impossible for a scum to know! Even if I were scum, it would be impossible for me to know all of this. Yet she's using it as a point to find me scummy.

She has taken a scenario, and accused me of being scummy for it, when it's an impossible scenario. There's no way scum could have known who the hider was hiding behind, even if they were really really awesome and guessed who the hider actually was. No way.

Her accusing me of "knowing what was going to happen" is absurd, and even more so, downright impossible. Yet she's using it to find me scummy!

This is a misrepresentation of raerae, TA.  She is not "accusing [you] of knowing that UoS would hide behind Nkirbit."

She's accusing you of knowing that UoS HID behind Nkirbit because UoS was a dead Hider.  You knew that because maybe, during the night, or during D1, after you got a plan agreed to by most everyone, you and your scumbuddies went down the list and figured out who would get outed if each other town player was the Hider.  It's not as much figuring as it sounds like, since you could remove four player names and four flavor names from the equation.

You looked at the flip, saw UoS + flavor name, knew he must have hid behind nkirbit, asserted it right away.  I believe that's what raerae is accusing you of.

Eevee, Mcmc, Chairs, anyone else, I want to draw your attention to this post, again, since none of you commented on it. This is Raerae accusing me of something that's impossible, me stating that it's impossible, and Ashersky defending Raerae's reasoning.

To me, there's clearly scum in raerae/Ashersky trying to paint me as scummy for any reason possible. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them were scum!

I saw the post but had to rush from my work desk immediately afterwards.  I agree it looks... odd, at best.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: August 01, 2013, 01:23:12 pm »

Raerae and ashersky, how do you defend yourself against what TA is saying?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: August 01, 2013, 04:56:15 pm »

you know, I'm willing to just end the day now with no lynch and come back to this tommorow. I don't think it's a big deal if we don't say much more today. anyone willing to hammer?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:13 pm »

Raerae and ashersky, how do you defend yourself against what TA is saying?

There is nothing against which I need to defend.

Raerae said "abcd makes TA scum."
TA said "raerae said defg makes me scummy, and defg is impossible!  She's scum!"
I responded "raerae actually said abcd, not defg, stop lying and making shit up TA, you are scum"
TA came back with a quote and no words.

Raerae said one thing, I agreed.  TA is continuing to act like she said something else.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:18 pm »

Guys, I just super burned my hand and would prefer to ice rather than one handed type right now.  When is deadline? 

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: August 01, 2013, 10:07:50 pm »

Deadline for Day3 is August 6 at 2 pm forum time.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: August 01, 2013, 10:17:13 pm »

Guys, I just super burned my hand and would prefer to ice rather than one handed type right now.  When is deadline?

Hammer and send it into night! You'll need to type in your quicktopic tonight though, so I don't know how much help it'll be ;)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: August 01, 2013, 10:17:47 pm »

Hey, everybody, check out TA's # 1450, anybody catch this...

I've said all I think I need to say. Ashersky is totally scum. He's coming up with anything and everything to paint me as scummy. I get this, since if he's town, he has really good reason to suspect I'm town.

What's even fishier, though, is Raerae. Like Ashersky, she's coming up with anything and everything to paint me as scum, rather than trying to identify my scumminess. Unlike Ashersky, though, she doesn't have the benefit of knowing either one of our alignments, if she is scum. She's either Ashersky's partner, or is happily piling onto a town-on-town fight, I think. I don't think her actions make sense as a town.

One of my main scum tells (not one I used to find AShersky, though) is people trying to prove a point that someone is scum, rather than ascertain scumminess (which is what a townie obviously wants to do). Raerae is setting off alarm bells on this front, right now.

The boldfed is the part where TA admita i'm town but is still trying to say i'm  scummy.  If i were ascum, as TA is trying to assert, I would have "the benefit of knowing either one of" their alignments.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:46 pm »

Oops. If she is scum -> if she is town

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 01, 2013, 10:22:04 pm »

OK, Freud.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 01, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »

OK, Freud.

Like, slips like this happen many times every game. All the freaking time. Regardless of alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.