Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 186764 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »

Really?  Did you miss my explanation post that is also on this page?

So you did.  And I read it and I thought it was reasonable, while disagreeing with it.  And now I feel like an idiot.

Not an idiot.  Thanks for going back to find it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »

I'm more eyeing his flavor claim suggestion. Only possible way it's not scummy is if he himself was trying to bait people into agreeing with him.

Hey, volt, I'm on your reread now...can you explain the bolded part?  I feel like that's pretty much the definition of scummy...

Flavor claim = bad
Town should know this
So suggesting flavor claim means either
A) scum move to try to trick town into doing a bad thing
B) town move to try to trick scum into trying to trick town into doing a bad thing
at which point in B) after someone agreed, the original poster (Jimmmm in this case) would go "Ah-hah!"

The town explanation is it's a trap. I believe we talked about these earlier.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2013, 10:32:50 pm »

I'm more eyeing his flavor claim suggestion. Only possible way it's not scummy is if he himself was trying to bait people into agreeing with him.

Hey, volt, I'm on your reread now...can you explain the bolded part?  I feel like that's pretty much the definition of scummy...
So Volt says that the only way Jimmmmm's flavor-claim suggestion is not scummy is if it was a town gambit.  I agree that may be overstating it (as I like these crazy theory-based plans) but why is Volt's saying suggesting flavor-claiming is scummy in itself scummy?

Seems much more reasonable than many of the scumminess accusations various people have made.

I hope I didn't misspell anything in this highly edited post...

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »

So Volt says that the only way Jimmmmm's flavor-claim suggestion is not scummy is if it was a town gambit.  I agree that may be overstating it (as I like these crazy theory-based plans) but why is Volt's saying suggesting flavor-claiming is scummy in itself scummy?

Seems much more reasonable than many of the scumminess accusations various people have made.

I hope I didn't misspell anything in this highly edited post...

Not really sure why you're answering this question for him?  Or why your being snarky at me?  In any case, when I address questions to specific people, I expect those people to answer them.  Thanks for the enthusiasm though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2013, 10:38:18 pm »

Ash feels as though he's trying to be the leading voice to me.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »

1) He'd already answered, but I didn't think he explained himself as clearly as he could have, I was hoping to save us a bunch of posts.
2) Sorry for too much enthusiasm, feel like I've been battling that all game.
3) Wasn't really intending to snark at you in particularly, raerae, more at everyone, as I feel we've as a group been finding a lot of weird things scummy and that wasn't anywhere near the most suspicious of it.
4) I may have been a bit snarkier than I should have been because I feel like Shraeye has been hostile toward me all game for no reason and the earlier post has me a bit snipish.  Wasn't intended at you, thought Shraeye was the one who kept saying that earlier anyway.  I'm sorry either way.  If I want to make the game less snappish I probably shouldn't escalate.

I'll be on until midnight or 1-ish like I said before, but I'll try to post less until then, let you guys talk it out.  You all know where I stand on votes at this point.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 18, 2013, 10:47:24 pm »

Your point?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 18, 2013, 10:49:51 pm »

Brace yourself for a barrage of "you're misrepresenting me!" posts from Voltaire, but please also do me the favor of rereading mine and Volt's previous exchange.  We had some misunderstanding there, but Volt leaves main points unanswered while attacking the minor details (like where I didn't see he had answered a question; the missing-answer to that question wasn't really the main point of any of my scumread)

Then let's try this again, if you'd still like an answer. I'll give it my best shot. What's the question?
It wasn't a question; it was a case.  In my post I highlighted again why I find you scummy.  I think the barrage at ashersky when he asked why the thread was dying was going beyond the "fishing for reactions" idea. it seems instead like you were really trying to direct a lot of suspicion at ashersky, and I really don't know why.

Now with your last post
I think it's highly likely that ash is your partner if you flip scum.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »

Ok, I'm fabulously frustrated, my rereads are getting me a solid nowhere, I don't have strong reads anywhere other than Ash which is probably wrong because, well, why wouldn't it be?  I suppose I'd vote for chairs at this point since he is the only other one I have any sort of feelings on but I'd prefer to keep people in the game who are contributing a smidge more than others.

Vote: Eevee

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 18, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »

Now with your last post
Don't worry, I didn't give away our game. Your attention would be better spent focused elsewhere.

I pointed it out because I didn't realize it up until now. Yuma correctly called lio on it D2 of B2B. It's not a strong scumtell (it's D1) but I sensed it.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:35 pm »

Now with your last post
Don't worry, I didn't give away our game.
I don't know what this means, and I don't like what I think it means.  I like where my attention is focused.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 18, 2013, 10:58:32 pm »

I don't know what this means, and I don't like what I think it means.  I like where my attention is focused.
You're not used to town sarcastically admitting to being scum when a horrible case is made on them?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 18, 2013, 11:02:48 pm »

Woah woah woah, I just posted and I have now lost it...quite sad I actually explained my reads...hmm
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:03 pm »

I pointed it out because I didn't realize it up until now. Yuma correctly called lio on it D2 of B2B. It's not a strong scumtell (it's D1) but I sensed it.

Leading town is not always scummy.  Yuma does it quite often as town.  So does raerae.  So do lots of people.  I attempt to every game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »

Ok, I'm fabulously frustrated, my rereads are getting me a solid nowhere, I don't have strong reads anywhere other than Ash which is probably wrong because, well, why wouldn't it be?  I suppose I'd vote for chairs at this point since he is the only other one I have any sort of feelings on but I'd prefer to keep people in the game who are contributing a smidge more than others.

I get the lurker lynch thing, but this is a vote based solely on that.  You don't have a stronger scum read?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 19, 2013, 12:33:58 am »

Woah woah woah, I just posted and I have now lost it...quite sad I actually explained my reads...hmm

Hour and a half an nothing more than this?  Are you going to just never explain them now because your computer glitched or whatever you're saying here?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 19, 2013, 12:38:51 am »

Hour and a half an nothing more than this?  Are you going to just never explain them now because your computer glitched or whatever you're saying here?
I'm surely not giving his reads any weight at this point.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 19, 2013, 12:39:30 am »

It's worth noting that the HARD deadline is actually in 3 days, assuming the 22nd thing is correct, and the countdown just hasn't been updating when the votecounts do.  This worries me, I thought we had more time than this.  Particularly with all the people that say they can't be around much on the weekends, and how little progress it feels like this soft deadline made.

What happens if we get to the hard deadline and haven't picked a lynch?  Person with most votes?  No Lynch?  Either way doesn't seem very good for town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 19, 2013, 12:42:30 am »

What happens if we get to the hard deadline and haven't picked a lynch?  Person with most votes?  No Lynch?  Either way doesn't seem very good for town.
No lynch.

I assume the lurkers were turned off from high interest in this game because of the tone/mood the game was taking. Perhaps that's biased of me, but it's my guess.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 19, 2013, 12:43:24 am »

It's worth noting that the HARD deadline is actually in 3 days, assuming the 22nd thing is correct, and the countdown just hasn't been updating when the votecounts do.  This worries me, I thought we had more time than this.  Particularly with all the people that say they can't be around much on the weekends, and how little progress it feels like this soft deadline made.

Deadline without a lynch means no lynch which means suck.

We could probably push a Volt lynch through.

Anyone for mcmc?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 19, 2013, 12:45:17 am »

We could probably push a Volt lynch through.

Anyone for mcmc?
Obviously I think that first option is a bad idea.

Mcmc has certainly been scummy of late but I'm used to that in his town persona. Definitely not convinced. Robz? Chairs? Ash?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 19, 2013, 12:48:33 am »

Yeah, hard deadline is 10:30 A.M. Monday Morning!  We need to get on this this weekend, and last weekend a lot of people seemed to say they weren't around much on weekends if I remember.

I am okay with lynching Robz or Mcmcsalot.  I haven't seen much to convince me on Volt, and something about the case against him makes me think it is at least partly scum-driven.  This makes me nervous, I don't think I'm inclined to vote for him, unless it's that or a no-lynch and I have enough doubt in my mind at that time to feel like I'm not just dooming a townie.

I will reread Volt tomorrow, then, but I don't want to vote for him if I'm still feeling he is town.

Vote: Mcmcsalot.

This vote is not meant to imply I'm any less willing to vote Robz.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 19, 2013, 12:51:29 am »

Since you two are both very active and two of the people who seem likely to actually cast a vote, lets look at lynches that don't involve either Ash or Volt for a moment.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 19, 2013, 01:07:39 am »

vote: mcmcsalot

He was my candidate from the beginning, and no one's liking my TA argument.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 19, 2013, 01:08:56 am »

I'm actually close to a lurker!Eevee vote.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.