Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82  All

Author Topic: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Mafia Wins  (Read 186764 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: MXXVII: CLUE Mafia Day1
« Reply #300 on: July 13, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »

The First 200 Posts, an Analytical Summary

Okay, here's my giant summary  and explanations.  I went up to the post before this because I may want to refer back to it later, and if I'm making notes for me, why not share them?  (NOTE: I skipped very short/content-free posts.)

Robz -8, +2
   138: We shouldn't have a Hider plan because Hider died night one last time. (Comes out later that Vig killed Hider's target.) -5
   141: Explains situation, but why bring it up as a reason not to have a plan then? +1
   144: Robz thinks I'm funny. +50 +0
   145: Gives an actual legit defense to Jimmm's RVS vote. +1
   183: "*Insert me asking a question about the plan, so as to demonstrate that I could be the Hider*" I have no idea what to make of this. 0
   185: Also finds "lynch the new guy" scummy. VOTES JIMM. 0
   194: "Metas are easily faked." (in reference to raerae.) 0
   292: Agrees with Ash that there was "too much flavor talk".  Opposes ALL hider plans.  Says that talking about Hiders is reducing the number of Hider possibilities.  Tracker is better than Vig.  Likes TA's case on Volt. (251 which was literally just him saying that back-to-back defensive clarifications looked scummy, and voting him.)  Says case on Volt is best we have so far, please stop voting for Ash. On the one hand, this does feel towny to me on a kind of surface level, but on the other, calling that a "case" feels like overselling it quite a bit. -3
   293: VOTE: VOLTAIRE

Raerae -6, +3
   131: NO CLAIMING!! 0
   135: Says won't participate in list plan. Points out bad example of town getting steamrolled with Hider (but mostly due to town stupidity rather than the Hider plan.) -5
   198: Has no faith in town not being idiots. (is it bad I want to give +1 for this?) 0
   201: Likes plans that involve NO CLAIMING. Asks for Volt to explain reads. +1
   202: Asks why Liopoil likes his plan. 0
   210: Doesn't want to discuss Tracker/Vig because doesn't want more pages of "impossible to reread material".  Asks what I want out of theory discussion.  You know, I was getting a bit annoyed at other things in context when I read this one, but reading it in isolation and with distance, it reads towny to me, just annoyed about talking theory. +1
   219: Explains why doesn't like theory talk. 0
   265: VOTE:UMBRAGEOFSNOW for talking about theory and saying someone misrepresented me. -1
   266: Asks Shraeye for reasons for the Liopoil vote, grumpily. +1
   290: Calls out Eevee for only posting once in first ~200 posts.  Wants Chairs to post more. 0
   296: VOTE: LIOPOIL for drawing out theory talk. (Consistent with previous vote, not going to subtract twice). 0

Liopoil -0, +10
   200: Doesn't like flavor naming. Wants to group-decide which role Tracker/Vig chooses to be.  Points out established problem that my plan is basically random.  Points out silly non-problem of skipping oneself.  Wants to make list for each person if they were the Hider, picking using flavor-name-number. +5
   203: Wants to maximize tactical utility of Hider. +1
   209: Thinks we should do whatever it takes to win, not resort to laziness.  Still missing fine details of skipping yourself in my plan. +1
   211: Likes Vig better than Tracker generally, likes Tracker better in this setup. Wants consensus to avoid town-on-town worrying about false positives. +1
   212: "Town's best chance of victory is to have successful PR use. So we should do whatever we can to maximize [that]". 0
   214: Any plan is better than doing nothing. +1
   294: Compares various plans. "Theory talk as fine, as long as we scumhunt plenty. I don't think we're doing too bad in that regard."  Doesn't like Ash wagon. FoS: Shraeye, Ashersky, Raerae.  Supports a voluntary Hider plan. +1

Twistedarcher -1, +4

111: Proposes first Hider plan.  Flaws could be exploited easily by scum, but I don't take this to be malicious here, just only starting to think out loud about it. 0
   118: Points out Vig chance to kill Hider. 0
   126: Agrees with scum targeting Hider based on lists problem. +1
   127: Discusses pro's of confirming town vs. Finding scum.  Sensible. 0
   158: Hopes we can try this "not being stupid" thing.  Sees no benefit to losing the Hider without gaining any information. +1
   161: Suggests only using lists N1, freeing up N2. 0
   167: Suggests using timestamp of threadlock post as a randomization method for how many people on list Hider should skip.  Still vulnerable to analysis, but impossible to manipulate. 0
   226: Points out that shraeye's list of complaints (221) were all off topic while complaining about no one accomplishing anything. +1
   228: Says not participating in planning is beneficial to scum.  Denies rolefishing.  Doesn't care about RVS. +1
   229: Accuses mcmcsalot of giving scum advice for his analysis post.   I thought it was helpful, I think all this assuming scum can't figure this stuff out is not actually helpful to town, but is a nice way to look like you're  being helpful while actually preventing us from double-guessing scum plans in the long run if this is policy. -1
   231: Wants plan with least potential for Hider screwing it up, so town can be sure. 0
   251: VOTE VOLTAIRE for back-to-back paranoid clarifications. 0

Shraeye -10, +0
   221: Declares previous hundred posts worthless.  "If whatever we can do to maximize [town's chances] involves jamming the thread with theory talk, [shraeye] isn't interested."  Mocks my thinking out loud with strawman "I just shouldn't vote for any of my scumreads then".  VOTE: LIOPOIL to get reactions. -10
   232: Explains why doesn't like theory talk.  Accuses all of us of not "letting game start".  Thinks plans aren't worth caring about. 0
   263: Says I'm wrong about assuming Mafia stupidity being the only reason to not talk about anything.  Commands me to stop talking about anything because I can't convince Ash that I'm right (which I'm not trying to do, but I guess I can see this, maybe.) 0
   288: VOTE: ASHERSKY because likes wagons. 0

Eevee -0, +1
   157: Points out that in Robz's example, town Vig shooting Hider is evidence that that games Hider plan didn't make the Hider targets too obvious, rather than what Robz seemed to be saying. Says everyone needs to agree to a plan if we want to have one.  (although could be setting up a teammate to derail plan by dissenting loudly.) +1

Voltaire -1, +4

110: Greeting, he's a fan of the film.   0
   113: Anti-name claim, could see it making sense later. 0
   119: Points out that there are lots of negative utility roles here. 0
   124: 1-for-1 good for town (true) but seems to want to under-use the Hider. -1
   129: Points out various PR interactions. 0
   132: Puts some useful numbers out there for power roles to potentially base decisions on. Points out that scum can do this in secret, someone should do it publicly. +1
   137: Points out that town stupidity should be fixable. 0
   140: Asks about how Hider died in previous game. 0
   156: We have to accept Hider will die sooner or later. 0
   159: Says he'd go for the list idea, would want one from everyone. 0
   168: Makes impossible suggestion.  Probably a mistake. 0
   182: Has a townread on me. 0
   184: Small scumread on Jimmm for flavor claim suggestion and RVS voting new player (me). +1
   186: Can think of sensible flavorclaim scenarios on later days but none that make sense for now. 0
   191: Wonders if Jimmm's flavorclaim suggestion was trying to bait people.  Explains townread on me based on planning of power role. +1
   192: Says raerae is acting like established meta. 0
   193: Fixes math mistake.  I'm putting this here because he's obsessing over what is best for town. +1
   199: semi-V/LA for weekend. (once per day) 0
   242: Thinks scum wouldn't aggressively want to maximize town PR. 0
   246: Points out error in earlier post, worried about scum tunneling him on it later.  0
   247: "who said we couldn't scumhunt? Nobody but the people who didn't like the theory talk. And it's already been raised that theory talk can be a way to catch scum in that it allows them empty posts. I, for one, have gotten a fair amount out of these discussions."  VOTE: JIMMMM

Jimmmm -5, +7

112: Name claim suggestion based on names being hard to read (legit).  Says he's glad not to be scum on first game back.  -5
   133: RVS votes Umbrage. 0
   142: Joking reply to my "defense" to his RVS vote. I think he's a funny guy. 0
   268: Explains vote was RVS + fishing for reactions.  Wants to come up with a better (although more complex) Hider algorithm. +1
   272: Plan to have his own plan, and have some minority quote it if they agree.  This is a good thought, innovative and probably good for town, but might also be a way to get a subset of people to confirm that they may or may not be hider.  Still pro-town innovation. +1.
   281: Proposes modular arithmetic Hider plan, which is a helpful improvement, although possibly too complicated for some. +5.

Nkirbit -10, +6
   147: Points out pros and cons of Hider plans. 0
   148: Asks for clarification on Robz's previous game example. 0
   155: Disagrees with multi-list plan, loses too much utility, we have to accept that Hider dies sooner or later. +1
   172: Thinks my idea would work. 0
   179: Points out that we need to avoid flavorclaiming. 0
   204: Doesn't think there are bad targets for Hiders. 0
   207: Doesn't like overcomplicated plans, because confused screw-ups make the information less trustworthy. +5
   240: Didn't consider that scum know own flavornames.  Wants to back down from plan now because of serious resistance. (2 posts from Ashersky, 1 from Shraeye, of which the only real point made other than "plans don't work ever" is the flavorname thing, which I find pretty weak.)  Weird too back down completely so fast. " It's something that has to be unanimous, and it's not.  I think it was a good idea to bring up, but I don't think continuing to pursue it at this point is helpful." -10
   249: Expresses mathematical doubt about people scum know not to target. 0
   277: Explains why wants to move past theory talk.  Says that these are likely Ash and Shraeye's reasons and we should move on. 0

Chairs 0, 0 (Hmmm, is giving no read on anything itself scummy?  I'm not sure yet.)
   117: Understands first Hider plan. 0
   120: Says he thinks we should opt for Tracker over Vig. 0
   176: Likes plan. 0
   180: Agrees that flavorclaims have no benefit. 0
   197: VOTES ROBZ for acting towny. 0
   220: Likes plans that avoids lurker issues helping scum narrow Hider list down.
   286: Thinks Hider talk is dead but likes Jimmm's idea, FoS: ASHERSKY. 0
   291: Responds to being asked to post more by saying doesn't have much to say since mostly likes theory talk. 0

Mcmcsalot -0, +6
   218: Likes Hider plan. Vig is bad for town.  False positives are bad.  Talks about how Detective and Psychologist abilities interact with mafia, what WIFOM interactions may take place.  Assumes Mafia are smart and works through their best options.  This gives us all a bit to think about, and it's surely something Mafia has thought about, nice that he put it out there. +5
   283: VOTE: ASHERSKY for not going along with plans despite liking plans. +1

Ashersky -23, +1
   225: Won't be around much this weekend.  Opposed to talking about Hiders or plans in any way.  Refuses to participate.  VOTE: TA for rolefishing with starting out with theory.  Says we need RVS for scumhunting. -5
   235: Says Robz was being misleading about MXII earlier.  Opposed to plans because in that game having a plan (that we already threw out for this reason) got Eevee killed.  Has Townread on Robz.  "Hider plans do NOTHING but help SCUM KILL THE HIDER."  Points out that scum know their own flavornames, which I thought we'd already discussed. This is where I started thinking Ash hadn't read my plan, but I think it's more discounting it for reasons that are untrue.  I originally took it as confusion, now it is apparent this is either some weird dogma or assuming my plan is worse than it is for unexplained reasons. -5
   245: "I think most of you concerned about the Hider have the wrong idea about the role anyway.  It isn't to catch scum, it is to keep an extra towny alive longer.  Like a weakened commuter." This seems like a really weird assertion to make for everyone, and like a really good excuse to not actually engage with any of this.-1
   254: Doesn't like that conversation helps scum narrow down Hider target.  Says knowing who Hider hides behind is not very useful.  Asserts that "Hider is not for catching scum," twice.  Not in a talking theory way, but in a This Is Fact way. As if to influence the Hider into being less useful. -5
   257: " I'm done trying. I'll post again when there's scum hunting to be done."  Refusing to even engage me, just dodging the issue. -1
   262: Soft-accuses me of being scum for pressing the issue about the unreasoned (and to me, unreasonable) philosophy of Hider's he is asserting here. -1
   271: Seems legitimately mystified that I didn't get the vague hints about hunting for power roles earlier. +1
   275: Volunteers to self-lynch in exchange for no more theory talk. 0
   284: VOTE: ASHERSKY.  Self-vote.
   298: "I think that given how much I love both claiming AND plans, the fact that I am against this should be a clear sign just how bad it is."  Still providing 0 reasoning but insisting that all Hider plans are terrible despite it seeming like there is evidence to the contrary.  Why keep repeating this without actually discussing it if not to seem like there are many voices opposed rather than a very loud one? -5

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 13, 2013, 09:27:39 pm »

Wow that was big, sorry.  But hey, I'm keeping it all in one convenient post!  Okay, I'm done posting for the day now, unless anyone actually wants me to address anything, but I'm fighting my urge to be such a chatterbox.

See the last page for the tl;dr version, but my vote rests on Ashersky, although nkirbit, and Shraeye also seem a bit anti-town to me in places.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2013, 11:36:03 pm »

People will do say that you think are ridiculous, and often, they are ridiculous. you've just got to treat them as reasonable and refute their points.
First sentence makes no sense as written.  Post was highly edited.  Scum.

vote: liopoil

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:03 pm »

Also, Umbrage gave this post (#277) from nkirbit a rating of 0:

Snow:  The desire to end the theory talk is because it's presence can hurt the game.  When we're talking about theory talk, scum can easily slide in and talk about theory, because they don't have to take stances on players, yet remain active.  Once we're done with theory talk, we're going to be voting, talking about votes, etc. and those are going to be useful information later.  Right now, scum can easily slide in and be honest, because it's so easy.  Once we get past theory, scum have to manipulate information in a certain way that town don't, and hopefully we will catch them doing so.

Ash's desire to move on isn't saying anything about the hider plan or its merits.  Personally, I think it's a good idea, and don't blame the people who brought it up.  But we're playing this game with a lot of people who can talk a lot, and if we don't watch ourselves, we'll end up 25 pages into this thread and absolutely no closer to lynching scum, which makes re-reading harder, and just makes the game less fun.  It's just in the best interest of both the game and everyone's level of enjoyment to move the game on.

If you want to find Ash and Shraeye scummy for opposing a good plan, that's your choice.  But I think they're trying to get the game away from theory talk because honestly, it's not fun for a lot of people.  And I don't think that's based on alignment at all.

I think he is severely underestimating how scum-like this post is. This post is just too...what is the word...saccharine?

Consider also, that while nkirbit seems very versed in the reasons why people like myself disagree with this long detour into theory, yet virtually all of his posts are simply contributing theory.  If he sees the negatives, why is he adding to them?

I give it a score of -15.  nkirbit/liopoil/xxxxx is the scumteam!

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2013, 12:05:52 am »

Also, Umbrage gave this post (#277) from nkirbit a rating of 0:

I think he is severely underestimating how scum-like this post is. This post is just too...what is the word...saccharine?

Consider also, that while nkirbit seems very versed in the reasons why people like myself disagree with this long detour into theory, yet virtually all of his posts are simply contributing theory.  If he sees the negatives, why is he adding to them?

I give it a score of -15.  nkirbit/liopoil/xxxxx is the scumteam!

Hmmm.  I did read it as neutral as I initially read through it (because that was a new one today) but you make a good point.  I was a bit surprised that I found nkirbit's other post as scummy as I did, given that that wouldn't have been my general, unexamined impression of him, but there is something of a strange narrative there.  I don't really buy the sweetness of his tone as a scum thing necessarily, given that he's trying to diffuse the me & ash fight, but is there a reason we should see it as scummy?  Is it especially weird for him, or something he does in certain types of situations?

Anything else particularly scummy about that post?  I was already thinking I should be looking closer at nkirbit than I was yesterday.

I don't see the liopoil scumness though, he seems like one of the players that has been honestly trying to contribute to town.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2013, 12:08:59 am »

Another thought: there have been a lot of mis-understood plans and alternative plans.  At the beginning we were all feeling things out I think, but does anyone think any of the later things could have been an attempt to make sure that if the Hider dies in the night, it isn't clear who he/she hid behind?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2013, 09:38:19 am »

Okay so reread and unvote, going over ash again and it just looks too much like town ash to ignore, ash is one of those players that I personally thing I can read well seeing as I got to watch him post quite a bit knowin he was scum, it helped because I have often tunneled ash and been wrong and now I believe I have figured him out to an extent.

Umbrage I also think is town, that guy is working his ass off and not just to look townie but to help town. I mean he's posting in the moment thoughts about each and every player.

Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

nkirbit/liopoil/xxxxx is the scumteam!

Add volt and I'm down!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 14, 2013, 11:27:30 am »

People will do say that you think are ridiculous
First sentence makes no sense as written.  Post was highly edited.  Scum.

vote: liopoil
ha, wow, that doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure how that happened. I think I forgot to say "things" and then also typed both do and say for some reason. Anyway, if it was highly edited, then I think I would have caught that...

Wow, umbrage, that is awesome. I'm not sure I agree with your evaluations about everything, but that's a great post. And it actually gives me a fairly large townread on you, just for the effort that I don't think scum would bother with. I'm sure scum will manipulate that though.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2013, 12:17:35 pm »

nkirbit/liopoil/xxxxx is the scumteam!

Add volt and I'm down!
Why Volt?  I haven't noticed anything bothersome from him yet.

Wow, umbrage, that is awesome. I'm not sure I agree with your evaluations about everything, but that's a great post. And it actually gives me a fairly large townread on you, just for the effort that I don't think scum would bother with. I'm sure scum will manipulate that though.
What it the 'that' that scum will manipulate?  Your read on Umbrage? The effort that he's putting forth? The details/reads in his list?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

Vote Count 1.5

Wadsworth the Butler decided the best way to split up the group was to draw lots. "We need groups to look in the basement, the attic, the main floor and the second floor. And another group to stay by the Hall in case he tries to leave or come back. So five groups."

The group hurried to the kitchen where The Cook found some long stem matches. She pulled out her handy butcher's knife and cut the matches into five different lengths. "Whoever draws the same lengths will go together. The shortest start in the basement, the longest in the attic and so on."

Soon the groups were set. Col. Mustard and Mr. Boddy were to look in the basement. The Singing Telegram Girl, Mr. Green, and Yvette the Maid drew the main floor. Miss Scarlet, Mrs. White, and The Cop drew the second floor. The Mechanic, Wadsworth the Butler and The Cook drew the attic while Professor Plum and Mrs. Peacock were assigned to guard the door.

"It's you and me honeybunch."

Snow (1): Jimmmmmmm
Jimmmmm (1): Voltaire
Robz (1): chairs
liopoil (2): raerae, shraeye
ashersky (2): Snow, ashersky
Voltaire (2): TA, Robz

Not voting: (4) Eevee, liopoil, nkirbit, mcmcsalot

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day1 Ends in 10 days. July 22nd at 10:30 a.m. forum time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:09 pm »

Hi guys, it's Eevee.

I don't understand shraeye's liopoil-hunt at all. What has he done to seem so scummy?

Hands down my strongest read is UmbrageOfSnow, dude is as towny as it gets, not sure why some people are giving him such a hard time. Fwiw UoS, I'm amazed at the effort and the performance you are showing this far.

I'm leaning slight town on Robz for not making any attempts to seem townie.

Snow was wondering if chairs being a null score all the way until here is scummy, I say heck yeah it is. It's not that he has posted anything damning, it's that he has maintained a healthy post count without really saying much anything at all. I do agree that votes are a good way to get the game going, and I would vote chairs if ashersky wasn't going so ballistic.

Vote: ashersky, I think his behavior has been very anti-town and I can't fathom it being anti-town in a way that's useful for scumhunting or whatever. I don't know if I should even try, but ash, why would you be a good lynch for today?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2013, 12:42:27 pm »

Okay, I'm mostly caught up now. Firstly, sorry for repeating a plan that was already over-discussed. Apologies to anyone who feels that this has been done to death, but I want to give my personal final thoughts on things.

Anyway, there is serious resistance to this plan, and I think it's important to not spend 20 pages arguing about it.  It's something that has to be unanimous, and it's not.

It doesn't have to be unanimous at all.

If I'm the Hider, each night I will take the list of players, in the order listed in the OP, and starting from my own name, count down the number that is next to my flavour name in the second OP, skipping myself, anyone who's dead, and anyone I've already hidden behind, unless that's everyone in which case that will reset. Whichever name I land on, I will hide behind that player.

Done. Now if I die and flip Hider, you'll be able to figure out who I hid behind each night. All we need is the Hider and enough other Townies such that it's not obvious who the Hider is to post that or something along those lines. Doesn't matter if everyone presents the same method or agrees on what the best method is. If I'm the Hider, I'm using that one. ^

Hider is not Cop.  There is, in fact, a Cop possible in this set-up.

You seem intent on the "why" of my disagreement.  The why helps scum, but here you go:

While town scum hunts during the days, mafia PR hunts.  Every bit of this discussion helps them narrow down who the Hider might be.  Generally, that just tells them one less person to target for a kill.  But your public plan gives them a better chance of getting two deaths for one kill.

Hider has a 3/11 chance of hiding behind scum, but a 6/11 chance of dying from hiding, if we have a Vig (3 scum + 1 Vig + 2 NKs).  So knowing who they hid behind is not as helpful as you think.

Hider is not for catching scum.  It is for possibly having no NK one night.

I strongly disagree.

If the TrackerVig picks Vig, they are doing a major disservice to Town. Optimal Town play here, by a mile, is for the TV to pick Tracker, and for it to be the assumption that they have done so. If I am the TV, I'm picking Tracker every day of the week, and if I'm not, and the TV picks Vig and we lose because we assumed they didn't, I'm blaming the TV for the loss, because they made a dumb, dumb move.

tl;dr we won't have a Vig, because we're all smart enough to pick Tracker.

So if the Hider is killed at night, it will be either because they hid behind scum, or they hid behind the single person that scum killed. If we know who that is, then most likely (at least initially) we will have caught scum, and worst case at least we'll know that we didn't catch scum.

What Hider is "for" is irrelevant. The best use of Hider is clearly not to save a NK, it's to give ourselves the chance to make a sacrifice in order to catch scum. And I would have thought that you of all people would understand that.

In fact, Vote: ash

PPE: Eevee's making a fair bit of sense.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2013, 01:04:50 pm »

What it the 'that' that scum will manipulate?  Your read on Umbrage? The effort that he's putting forth? The details/reads in his list?
Scum will make a super-long post like umbrage's to try to get towncred because scum wouldn't put in the effort. I don't think this is the case but I think scum might try it some time. I shouldn't be giving them ideas though....

At this point dropping the hider thing is a good idea. At the end of the day, everyone can say what plan if any they want to follow.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2013, 01:16:39 pm »

If I'm the Hider, each night I will take the list of players, in the order listed in the OP, and starting from my own name, count down the number that is next to my flavour name in the second OP, skipping myself, anyone who's dead, and anyone I've already hidden behind, unless that's everyone in which case that will reset. Whichever name I land on, I will hide behind that player.

I'll do this too.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 14, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »

I'll do this too.

I'm /in for this.

Scum to chum hopefully forthcoming from me in a bit so I can say something meaningful for you, Eevee  ;)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »

I'm VLA until late tonight. Please don't do anything rash until I catch up.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »

I'll do this too.
And my axe.

Null/tiny town read on Robz so far, mostly for Eevee's reasons - town Robz usually has bad reads, he has a bad read on me. Light read.

And everyone else...well, I'll need to look over the thread again.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »

I'm curious, what are you worried we could do? Lynch someone?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »

Can everyone please vote for me and end this day?  This is getting ridiculously anti-town to the worst degree I have ever seen in the history of f.ds mafia (well, since MX, when I first started playing).
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 14, 2013, 06:08:44 pm »

Hi guys, it's Eevee.

I don't understand shraeye's liopoil-hunt at all. What has he done to seem so scummy?

Hands down my strongest read is UmbrageOfSnow, dude is as towny as it gets, not sure why some people are giving him such a hard time. Fwiw UoS, I'm amazed at the effort and the performance you are showing this far.

I'm leaning slight town on Robz for not making any attempts to seem townie.

Snow was wondering if chairs being a null score all the way until here is scummy, I say heck yeah it is. It's not that he has posted anything damning, it's that he has maintained a healthy post count without really saying much anything at all. I do agree that votes are a good way to get the game going, and I would vote chairs if ashersky wasn't going so ballistic.

Vote: ashersky, I think his behavior has been very anti-town and I can't fathom it being anti-town in a way that's useful for scumhunting or whatever. I don't know if I should even try, but ash, why would you be a good lynch for today?

Also, this is your sixth post ALL GAME.  And I'm anti-town?  LurkerscumEevee ftw.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 14, 2013, 06:14:31 pm »

I just saw a bunch of ash votes on this page, and I don't like it.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 14, 2013, 06:18:22 pm »

Can everyone please vote for me and end this day?  This is getting ridiculously anti-town to the worst degree I have ever seen in the history of f.ds mafia (well, since MX, when I first started playing).

The worst??  Seriously??  DS9 was a million times worse than this.  If you want us to kill you then at least give us full reads first.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 14, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »

Why am I not seeing the problem? Am I just being dumb? Like, I'm thinking this is a fine day 1 and I have no clue what you are talking about. This is so weird.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 14, 2013, 06:20:01 pm »

I just saw a bunch of ash votes on this page, and I don't like it.
Oh, okay. Well, lets not let ash drive his own lynch through before Robz gets a chance to jump in!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 82  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.