Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:31:21 am 
Started by theory - Last post by Jeebus
* One time LastFootnote asked "So what happens when you BoM a Landing Party now?" and Donald X. said "Currently the way BoM works with Landing Party is, * has no idea, waits for DZ *". This was after I declared in spec chat that BoM Garrison and BoM Landing Party are the 2 most controversial Dominion rulings.
Yeah, it's a bummer. Errata for Band of Misfits seems likely someday.

Uhm... is this a joke about BoM having already gotten errata ... or ... Yeah I mean, it has to be ... right?

on: Today at 01:52:01 am 
Started by theory - Last post by Tid
Hi Donald, Dominion is just about my favourite game. I've recently introduced it to the Sydney Super Smash Bros. Melee competitive scene and we pretty much always have a table set up to play on after our local tourneys conclude. So thank you for creating it and doing such a great job improving and adding to it over the years!

I just wanted to ask about Alchemy - You've said a few times you'd "fix" it by not doing potions, and by recreating the sets best ideas in a different form. But I wonder, is this strictly due to the public's perception of the set? Are you personally still happy with it in a vacuum? I enjoy reading your musings on design and would love to hear what you think is fundamentally wrong with potions (or an alternate spend resource).

This isn't a, please make alchemy 2, in disguise, by the way. Completely understand why it's never happening!

on: Today at 01:10:10 am 
Started by Tiago - Last post by Zzing15
Pretty cool overall. I don’t think I’m qualified to give too much advice on card balance but, I imagine some of these cards could lead to pretty fast games.

on: May 27, 2024, 10:44:04 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by itIsSometimesMonday
Note to everyone that if a card here looks bad, I prolly made it  :P

on: May 27, 2024, 07:15:03 pm 
Started by RovingBear - Last post by JW
Royal Foundry
- Action
+1 Card and +2 Actions
You may discard a Gold for +2 Cards, or may trash a Gold from your hand for +3 .

Notes:
Fuel your draw with Gold, then at some point you can trash excess Golds for VP. There are 30 Golds in its pile, but how many will you have time to convert to VP? I like that it lets you use Gold as way to fuel your draw, but with lower stakes about not finding a Gold than, say, Encampment.

on: May 27, 2024, 02:49:40 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by Tiago
Fun! The Spells especially. Wizard, Scroll, and Mage seem strong.

There’s 1 copy of each Spell, right?

Right now, yes, although I'm wondering if doing it like Loot would be better. I'm leaning towards no so that you can't do things like double Divination.

Mage used to cost $5 and it was much too weak. Hopefully the $3 version is not too bad.

on: May 27, 2024, 02:38:50 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by StrangerSon712
Fun! The Spells especially. Wizard, Scroll, and Mage seem strong.

There’s 1 copy of each Spell, right?

on: May 27, 2024, 12:30:59 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by Tiago
Haven't checked all the cards but Warlock is way too strong (too cheap for early junking) while Golden Skull (being a $5 card) requires more set up than Warlock to be good?

Is Warlock that good? You need to line it up with an Action card. By the time you can do that it's probably around the time a Witch starts cursing, and the difference is that your deck is not progressing much. It hasn't been tested much though, so you could totally be right.

Golden Skull for sure is harder to activate than Warlock, but a Peddler is so much better than a terminal silver. And Warlock actively harms your deck.

on: May 27, 2024, 12:11:23 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by destinyking
Haven't checked all the cards but Warlock is way too strong (too cheap for early junking) while Golden Skull (being a $5 card) requires more set up than Warlock to be good?

on: May 27, 2024, 11:52:58 am 
Started by Zoyarox - Last post by emtzalex
My Submission:

Arctic Adventure • $4 • Event
Freeze the top Loot from its pile 5 times. Discard
any number of Action cards (revealed). Remove
an Ice token from the Loot per card discarded.

Arctic Adventure uses the Loot mechanic from Plunder. The Loot is discounted, but you have to wait longer to get it; the process can be sped up with help from some Action cards. The reason I did not want to have the Loot gained then frozen is to avoid gain-onto-deck abilities (specifically Insignia, but others as well) allowing a player to move the gained Loot before it could be frozen.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.