Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)  (Read 100690 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #525 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »

So Scott made a setup mistake; I guess he's an IC now!

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 11, 2014, 06:12:19 pm »

So Scott made a setup mistake; I guess he's an IC now!

Now you're getting it!  8)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:52 pm »

Also, scum could have thought I wouldn't use my shot tonight (like I said I might not, which is why I said that).

Yeah, but even then, who else would they rather target?  I think if I were scum I would just RB the claimed cop if that's the only claimed PR (they know what happened with 3 of our 6 rolls, so they're not likely to find PR's elsewhere; though they also know whether we got 2-3 PR rolls, 4-5 PR rolls, or 6 PR rolls).

And yeah I think I was mixing it up with the Super Mario set-up.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 11, 2014, 10:51:22 pm »

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2014, 09:44:25 am »

Hey Faust I think your scum and that's my opinion so ha. If you have any disagreements with that please direct your questions to ashersky so he can take you down!
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 13, 2014, 05:26:52 am »

So this is going quiet again? I understand it's the weekend, but have you guys learned nothing from D1?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 13, 2014, 06:11:44 pm »

Egork, ashersky and scot should vote for you.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 13, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »

ash: 56
Robz: 52
faust: 59
ADK: 33
sudgy: 32
scott: 29
WW: 59
Egor: 22
chairs: 32
mcmc: 34
aza: 28

That's a pretty good showing by all.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 13, 2014, 10:34:38 pm »

Sorry, I was travelling today.

Vote Count 2.1

faust (4) : mcmcsalot, chairs, sudgy, azadin
A Drowned Kernel (2) : Witherweaver, Robz888
ashersky (1) : faust

Not Voting (4): A Drowned Kernel, EgorK,  scott_pilgrim, ashersky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 07:00 PM on July 16:00

Anyone around want to lynch faust?  Only takes two.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2014, 10:54:11 pm »

D1 Faust Re-read.  Numbers are his posts in chronological order:

Pre-game:
#1 - In.
#2 - Conditional Out.

Day 1:
#3 - Happy that yuma is IC.  Says "probably 2 Ms right?"  RVS votes for WW.
#4 - Super odd jokey post about not reading, not liking the setup for lacking theory talk, and not being scum.  QFT:

Sorry, I did not read thoroughly. Yeah, I can't figure out what to post as well, this game has too little theory for me and now I don't really get into the game :(

I'm not scummy scum scum though.

#5 - In response to chairs asking what we can discern from ADK's blitz lynch idea, faust says he doubts there is "much to read into this."  Says slight town read on ADK for it.
#6 - Votes for mcmcsalot following his interaction with ADK, saying it's easy to paint ADK as scummy.  That's two posts in a row tying himself to ADK.
#7 - Says RVS a lot to annoy Robz.
#8 - Calls azadin's vote on him fair for not contributing enough.  Says he will do more.
#9 - Responds to SP, says he disagrees about ADK and thinks he's more likely town, agrees that azadin looks super towny.
#10 - Question about deadlines.
#11 - Asks where everyone is.
#12 - Asks for explanation of why the blitz lynch idea was scummy.
#13 - Requests prods for SP and WW.
#14 - Responds to mcmc's explanation for why the blitz lynch idea was scummy, disagreeing.  Points out a possible contradiction, given mcmc was willing to L-1 someone on the second IRL day of D1.
#15 - Votes for SP.
#16 - Says he and mcmc agree on SP.  Jokes that the agreement must mean they are 100% correct.
#17 - Calls the chairs wagon strange.  States that he understands there is a case and people are voting for that reason.  Argues the SP case is just as good (weak).  Tries to redirect from chairs to SP.
#18 - Explains his SP case.
#19 - Says he doesn't want to lynch EgorK for ongoing game reasons.
#20 - Says SP is super-hedgy and not as towny as he usually is.
#21 - Votes for sudgy and states LAL is extra important.
#22 - Explains why LAL is important (scum can just leave votes when game stalls).
#23 - Responds to mcmc's disagreement, says he doesn't see anyone trying to get the game going.
#24 - Disagrees that sudgy sounds like town!sudgy.  Thinks he was being self-preserving, which is scummy.
#25 - Jokingly calls out sudgy with the "voting me for the wrong reasons" meme.  Asks for a serious explanation of why chairs's post was scummy.
#26 - Says he read ashersky's case on chairs and disagrees.  Asks if anyone else has a case.
#27 - Says ashersky and Robz started the wagon and then disappeared from the game.
#28 - Thinks scum is happy and we don't have a wagon on scum.  Proposes a random lynch.  Votes for Robz.
#29 - Changes his vote to SP.
#30 - Response to why he's random voting, which was that traditional scumhunting didn't work.
#31 - Doesn't like SP's vote on chairs to take him to L-1.
#32 - Says "we shall see" when SP says there isn't time for another lynch.
#33 - Points out that chairs should be back sometime today.  Asks EgorK to vote SP.
#34 - Says chairs's VLA makes him a worse lynch than before.
#35 - Asks ADK to join the SP wagon.
#36 - States again that SP is super hedgy, adds super lurky.
#37 - Leaves, last request is to lynch SP.

All in all, a spectacularly scummy D1 for faustus aurelius here.  He's way more jokey than the usual serious faust.  Like, way more.  He's probably got 5 jokey posts out of 35, which is a big percentage for him.  That really sticks out.  What also sticks out is how hard he tried to push the SP mislynch through all day.  He used SP as an alternative to both ADK and chairs, and rode that wagon from basically his 15th post of the game.  He had the weird random lynch idea, jumped to sudgy for awhile, and back to SP.

The list of players he never mentions ever is WW, and only WW.  Well, he opens with that RVS vote in his very first post, then not one mention of WW the rest of day one.  That's a bit odd, worth noting.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2014, 10:59:10 pm »

I'm going to do a reread tomorrow, if I find faust scummy in it I could vote for him.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 13, 2014, 11:20:05 pm »

Wait, so I don't think anyone responded to my idea that maybe a town RB blocked a scum RB.  Would it be good to have everyone claim either "RB who targeted someone last night" or "not RB who targeted someone last night"?  (The idea being that "RB blocked the scum RB" is the most plausible explanation for what happened last night, and therefore anyone who was roleblocked is much more likely to be scum; the downside being that scum can maybe get away with a fakeclaim and use that to push a mislynch without getting lynched the next day.)

Also, I just re-read faust (I haven't looked at ash's summary yet) and yeah, he looks scummy.  I'll try to re-read ADK as well but I think I would be happy lynching faust.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2014, 11:43:34 pm »

Wait, so I don't think anyone responded to my idea that maybe a town RB blocked a scum RB.  Would it be good to have everyone claim either "RB who targeted someone last night" or "not RB who targeted someone last night"?  (The idea being that "RB blocked the scum RB" is the most plausible explanation for what happened last night, and therefore anyone who was roleblocked is much more likely to be scum; the downside being that scum can maybe get away with a fakeclaim and use that to push a mislynch without getting lynched the next day.)

Also, I just re-read faust (I haven't looked at ash's summary yet) and yeah, he looks scummy.  I'll try to re-read ADK as well but I think I would be happy lynching faust.

I think "mail-mi lied" is just as likely (more likely, actually) than "Town RB blocked the scum RB."

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 14, 2014, 12:01:42 am »

I think "mail-mi lied" is just as likely (more likely, actually) than "Town RB blocked the scum RB."

I assume you mean sudgy, mail-mi's not in this game.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 14, 2014, 12:06:23 am »

I assume you mean sudgy, mail-mi's not in this game.

Yes, I do.  Switching between games here.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:30 am »

I think your idea is very unlikely, frankly. I'm not sure what's more likely though, because "scum didn't expect to get investigated by sudgy" is a ridiculous notion when there are three of them. There's probably a better chance they didn't think sudgy would investigate at all. I'm not sure why they'd think that. "Sudgy is lying" seems most plausible to me, except for sudgy's townslip as explained by ash.

Still think there's not much to the faust case, and people arguing against him are making contradictory arguments.

However, faust: voting for ash is not a good policy. If ash is scum, it must be because ash and and sudgy are pulling one over on us, in which case, it is infinitely more logical to lynch sudgy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 14, 2014, 12:56:04 am »

So faust, can you explain why you are voting for ash and not sudgy?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 14, 2014, 01:00:50 am »

I'm still happy with the faust lynch.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:19 am »

I think your idea is very unlikely, frankly. I'm not sure what's more likely though, because "scum didn't expect to get investigated by sudgy" is a ridiculous notion when there are three of them. There's probably a better chance they didn't think sudgy would investigate at all. I'm not sure why they'd think that. "Sudgy is lying" seems most plausible to me, except for sudgy's townslip as explained by ash.

Well yeah, in a vacuum it's a stretch, but I feel like the "RB blocked an RB" explanation is the most likely, because I just can't see any of the alternatives being true.  I mean I just can't see myself not blocking sudgy if I'm scum in that situation, and I can't see sudgy being scum here.  So either ash is godfather, or something else happened.  Maybe they just forgot to put in a target or missed the deadline or something like that?

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 14, 2014, 01:12:24 am »

Presumably he thinks ash is the godfather (which I definitely think is worth considering, but even if you had a moderate scum read on ash I don't think it would be worth lynching him unless we get to later days and still haven't seen a godfather flip).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 14, 2014, 01:15:51 am »

Presumably he thinks ash is the godfather (which I definitely think is worth considering, but even if you had a moderate scum read on ash I don't think it would be worth lynching him unless we get to later days and still haven't seen a godfather flip).

I did not ask the IC to provide faust his answer.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 14, 2014, 01:50:14 am »

Well yeah, in a vacuum it's a stretch, but I feel like the "RB blocked an RB" explanation is the most likely, because I just can't see any of the alternatives being true.  I mean I just can't see myself not blocking sudgy if I'm scum in that situation, and I can't see sudgy being scum here.  So either ash is godfather, or something else happened.  Maybe they just forgot to put in a target or missed the deadline or something like that?

SP, if you weren't the UB, I'd think you were the RB really wanting to claim.

It just doesn't happen that often.  I mean, compare this to a guilty cop result.  That would be a 2/10 chance (subtract the IC, Godfather, and Cop) to catch scum.  Roleblocking the scum who roleblocked is 1/10.  Neither is all that likely, and roleblocking half as unlikely as the other.

For example, I was the Town Jailkeeper in Hangman Mafia and I stopped the nightkill there on N1.  That was unlikely, and it was a 1/6 chance.

On a side note, I just reread D2 on in that game and it was awesome.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 14, 2014, 01:51:18 am »

It just doesn't happen that often.  I mean, compare this to a guilty cop result.  That would be a 2/109 chance (subtract the IC, Godfather, and Cop) to catch scum.  Roleblocking the scum who roleblocked is 1/10.  Neither is all that likely, and roleblocking almost half as unlikely as the other.

Fixed my math.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 14, 2014, 04:38:20 am »

I can see a scenario where sudgy is town and scum is trying to trick us into lynching him. (With, say, GF ashersky)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 14, 2014, 04:43:21 am »

All in all, a spectacularly scummy D1 for faustus aurelius here.  He's way more jokey than the usual serious faust.  Like, way more.  He's probably got 5 jokey posts out of 35, which is a big percentage for him.  That really sticks out.  What also sticks out is how hard he tried to push the SP mislynch through all day.  He used SP as an alternative to both ADK and chairs, and rode that wagon from basically his 15th post of the game.  He had the weird random lynch idea, jumped to sudgy for awhile, and back to SP.

The list of players he never mentions ever is WW, and only WW.  Well, he opens with that RVS vote in his very first post, then not one mention of WW the rest of day one.  That's a bit odd, worth noting.

I don't really see how what I've been doing is "spectacularly scummy". You're using jokey=scummy, which is just wrong, but people somehow still believe it, and other than that, I see very little.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.