Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Game over : Scum wins !)  (Read 100678 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: M46 : Homeland Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2014, 10:21:37 am »

Gotta be scum Faust, in my experience(I always think Faust is scum) he usually just keeps making statements I disagree with and usually calls me scummy as well(since from his perspective I'm making the disagreeable statements) here he is very defensive which strikes me as different and he called me very very wrong but is going after ash instead of me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2014, 11:02:19 am »

...I think I have to vote: faust.  The way he responded to ash's omgus-implication was scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2014, 01:15:21 pm »

Gotta be scum Faust, in my experience(I always think Faust is scum) he usually just keeps making statements I disagree with and usually calls me scummy as well(since from his perspective I'm making the disagreeable statements) here he is very defensive which strikes me as different and he called me very very wrong but is going after ash instead of me.

I'm scum because I find someone else more scummy than you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 11, 2014, 01:15:43 pm »

...I think I have to vote: faust.  The way he responded to ash's omgus-implication was scummy.

Expand.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

I think I may be onto something here.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:37 pm »

Also, if someone is OMGUSing here, it's you! I voted you first!  :P

This (and the conversation that led up to it) make me feel like you're scum.

There's not much there to expand on.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 11, 2014, 01:22:08 pm »

Faust looks like he is being railroaded here. Why is he scummier than anyone else not on the presumed IC list? I don't think his reaction ash was anything out of the ordinary.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 11, 2014, 01:36:44 pm »

Faust looks like he is being railroaded here. Why is he scummier than anyone else not on the presumed IC list? I don't think his reaction ash was anything out of the ordinary.

Because I disagree with like all of the theories he proposed I think he was way to against the chairs lynch which was pretty similar to the other lynches Faust was proposing(Scotty) now that we are pretty sure they are both town, it seems scummy of Faust. Also his whole reaction to ash thoughts on sudgy and the Poe list was pretty scummy
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:52 pm »

I'm going to Vote: faust as well.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

azadin

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 11, 2014, 02:02:04 pm »

Faust got extremely defensive when mcmc and ash started pointing out some discrepancies in his voting patterns D1. While I'm not 100% convinced ash is town, it seems pretty likely if we are to believe sudgy is town (which I do, considering his frustration post after he thought he was lynched). Given that ash is likely town, faust is acting almost nervous about the case against him, which he claims is "wrong, wrong, wrong" and non-existent.

Vote: faust

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 11, 2014, 02:06:09 pm »

How many votes does he have?  I think we're really close to lynch.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 11, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »

Never mind, he's at L-2.  I thought ash had voted as well.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »

Faust got extremely defensive when mcmc and ash started pointing out some discrepancies in his voting patterns D1. While I'm not 100% convinced ash is town, it seems pretty likely if we are to believe sudgy is town (which I do, considering his frustration post after he thought he was lynched). Given that ash is likely town, faust is acting almost nervous about the case against him, which he claims is "wrong, wrong, wrong" and non-existent.

Defensiveness is not scummy, nervousness is not scummy. I don't even think faust was either of these things.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »

I propose an alternate wagon: Vote: ADK.  Not because I have any feeling towards Faust, but because I've had a growing feeling towards ADK.

What I've noticed about ADK is that when he's town, he's fairly aggressive and accusatory.  He causes meaningful interactions and usually finds some reason to put a real vote on someone pretty early on.  When ADK is scum, he tends to have more alignment-neutral posts and feels more like he's fishing for something that can look convincingly scummy without actually trying to find scum.

ADK's first real vote is #217 against Sudgy for being "super quiet", which is sort of an easy and safe accusation to make.  Before that, we had the blitz wagon thing against SP, which is a null thing in and of itself, but does provide a way for ADK to appear to be doing stuff.  After the initial blitz, he talks about skipping theory talk, explains some stuff to the new player, criticizes Scott for saying some natural things, talks more about blitz wagon and general game meta, eventually unvotes his RVS blitz wagon against Scott (this is #140), then in #141 starts spreading some general suspicion.  (Uses keywords "off", "strange", and later on "interesting".)  The rest of the day is mostly questioning some things or making noncommittal comments.

He really did not say a lot all of Day 1.. generally much more reserved and staying in a position to find anyone town or scum.  Had enough posts to remain present, but didn't really have a lot of content. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:35 pm »

Mostly agree. Vote: ADK

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 11, 2014, 03:10:34 pm »

Sorry, I was travelling today.

Vote Count 2.1

faust (4) : mcmcsalot, chairs, sudgy, azadin
A Drowned Kernel (2) : Witherweaver, Robz888
ashersky (1) : faust

Not Voting (4): A Drowned Kernel, EgorK,  scott_pilgrim, ashersky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 2 ends at 07:00 PM on July 16:00

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 11, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

ash and mcmc didn't point out any "discrepancies", they just said that they didn't like who I voted for.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 11, 2014, 03:20:03 pm »

Because I disagree with like all of the theories he proposed I think he was way to against the chairs lynch which was pretty similar to the other lynches Faust was proposing(Scotty) now that we are pretty sure they are both town, it seems scummy of Faust. Also his whole reaction to ash thoughts on sudgy and the Poe list was pretty scummy

You're still using bad logic, and haven't even responded to my post accusing you of doing that. Your whole case is nothing, and merely diverting attention from ashersky.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 11, 2014, 03:22:19 pm »

What's the scum narrative for Faust opposing the Chairs lynch?  Do you think Chairs is scum?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 11, 2014, 05:00:38 pm »

Defensiveness is not scummy, nervousness is not scummy. I don't even think faust was either of these things.

Lack of both is scummy, I think you'd agree.

His reactions to the most recent flurry of vote is worth your read.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 11, 2014, 05:39:36 pm »

I could be sold on the ADK case.  I would like to re-read faust at some point.

I'm still trying to figure out how sudgy's shot got through last night, and I think it has to be one of the following:
1. Sudgy is scum (I think this is pretty unlikely)
2. Scum wanted to WIFOM us into thinking sudgy is scum (I think this is also pretty unlikely)
3. Scum expected sudgy to target ash and godfathered him
4. A town RB RB'd the scum RB (that's possible, right?)
5. Scum wanted to RB someone else that they thought had a PR

So I don't know, 1, 2, 3, and 5 all seem unlikely to me, which makes me think it's #4 (assuming that's possible), in which case it might be good for any town roleblockers to claim and say who they targeted last night, since their target is likely to be scum.  But even then I'm not sure, sine if scum fakeclaims RB they can push a lynch on someone else and not be confirmed scum when that person flips town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 11, 2014, 05:48:24 pm »

Lack of both is scummy, I think you'd agree.

That's true! But that's not the argument you are making, is it?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 11, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out how sudgy's shot got through last night, and I think it has to be one of the following:
2. Scum wanted to WIFOM us into thinking sudgy is scum (I think this is also pretty unlikely)

So I don't know, 1, 2, 3, and 5 all seem unlikely to me, which makes me think it's #4 (assuming that's possible), in which case it might be good for any town roleblockers to claim and say who they targeted last night, since their target is likely to be scum.  But even then I'm not sure, sine if scum fakeclaims RB they can push a lynch on someone else and not be confirmed scum when that person flips town.

They get to choose?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 11, 2014, 06:05:23 pm »

Also, scum could have thought I wouldn't use my shot tonight (like I said I might not, which is why I said that).

They get to choose?

No.  They don't.  If SP wasn't confirmed town, this would have confirmed it for me...

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »

I propose an alternate wagon: Vote: ADK.  Not because I have any feeling towards Faust, but because I've had a growing feeling towards ADK.

What I've noticed about ADK is that when he's town, he's fairly aggressive and accusatory.  He causes meaningful interactions and usually finds some reason to put a real vote on someone pretty early on.  When ADK is scum, he tends to have more alignment-neutral posts and feels more like he's fishing for something that can look convincingly scummy without actually trying to find scum.

ADK's first real vote is #217 against Sudgy for being "super quiet", which is sort of an easy and safe accusation to make.  Before that, we had the blitz wagon thing against SP, which is a null thing in and of itself, but does provide a way for ADK to appear to be doing stuff.  After the initial blitz, he talks about skipping theory talk, explains some stuff to the new player, criticizes Scott for saying some natural things, talks more about blitz wagon and general game meta, eventually unvotes his RVS blitz wagon against Scott (this is #140), then in #141 starts spreading some general suspicion.  (Uses keywords "off", "strange", and later on "interesting".)  The rest of the day is mostly questioning some things or making noncommittal comments.

He really did not say a lot all of Day 1.. generally much more reserved and staying in a position to find anyone town or scum.  Had enough posts to remain present, but didn't really have a lot of content.

I don't have a lot of time for this as I'm on vacation, but I did have (what felt like at the time) a good reason to vote for Sudgy, and kept my vote there because I was confident in the lynch. Other than that, there wasn't much happening early in day one. Quite a bit has happened since, but I haven't had time to really comment on it. When I do, I will.

The faust wagon is growing pretty strong. I had a town read on him day one for a very genuine-seeming vote on Scott, but that's now data point among many. I'll have to reread them.

They get to choose?

No, they don't. There's one godfather. SP's probably getting this mixed up with Super Mario Bros.

PPE: what sudgy said.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.