Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269055 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2075 on: February 07, 2013, 01:35:03 am »

Did a breezy read-through of Galz to try and figure out who is his partner.

Galz defended Jimm early.

Said nobody was really lurking.

Said mcmc was slightly scummy.

Late in Day 1, said the four scummiest people were mcmc, jimm, shraeye, and cuzz. He ended up voting for Cuzz.

Says Theorel is town, and reiterates scum reads on jimm and mcmcsalot.

That's everything from him.

I also looked to see who voted for him, and not one person ever did (except me, jokingly, in RVS).

The part I bolded is I think maybe a big clue, because half those people are dead town. Now, does Galz put his scummate in this group? I'd think he might. Jimm or mcmc. He mentions that pair again, too. There's a case to be made that one of these people would be his partner. Since I don't think it's mcmc because of the tracking, that would make me think of Jimm as a top suspect to be Galz's partner.

Of course, it could just be that Galz exempted his partner from placement on his own suspicion list.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:56 am »

How do we feel about both cops claiming and comparing who was investigated?  If they both investigated the same people, they can be ICs.

I think I'm in favor of massclaim now, since we probably only have 1 more scum anyway.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 07, 2013, 01:46:07 am »

Knowing who shot the deathproof would help, but it was most likely munch.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:01 am »

In favor of massclaim.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 07, 2013, 02:02:19 am »

How many left alive now?

We aren't in mylo or lylo right?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: February 07, 2013, 02:13:35 am »

How many left alive now?

We aren't in mylo or lylo right?

We can't be. We still have 8 alive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:34 am »

With 15 total I think we are dealing with more than 4 scum.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 07, 2013, 02:54:03 am »

How would folks feel about lynching the maquis cop today?  Guaranteed to not be maquis, already two of them dead, possibly MU. 

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 07, 2013, 03:02:56 am »

I think it depends how powerful the scum are. Though with a smaller number (like 4), we would expect to see a Jack of All Trades, maybe, or ninja or bus driver or something really good. So far, Galz probably clocks in as the strongest, at Rolecop, which isn't even so strong. So... you may very well be right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 07, 2013, 03:11:11 am »

I think it depends how powerful the scum are. Though with a smaller number (like 4), we would expect to see a Jack of All Trades, maybe, or ninja or bus driver or something really good. So far, Galz probably clocks in as the strongest, at Rolecop, which isn't even so strong. So... you may very well be right.

Although death proof would be a strong scum role.

I think there are 3 of one and 2 of the other.  That is my guess.

So either 1 maquis and 1 MU left or 2 MU left.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: February 07, 2013, 04:42:36 am »

How do we feel about both cops claiming and comparing who was investigated?  If they both investigated the same people, they can be ICs.

Unless of course one of the Cops is scum. In which case we still have an IC if there's only one scum left.

I think this has been discussed, but Cops shouldn't claim what kind of Cop they are?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:53 am »

Unless of course one of the Cops is scum. In which case we still have an IC if there's only one scum left.

I think this has been discussed, but Cops shouldn't claim what kind of Cop they are?

That could work.  Both cops claim and give targets.  Any that match are cleared. 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: February 07, 2013, 04:50:50 am »

Yeah, almost. I suppose even if there are multiple scum left it's unlikely there are any teammates left.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: February 07, 2013, 05:03:18 am »

Yeah, almost. I suppose even if there are multiple scum left it's unlikely there are any teammates left.

2 MU, possibly.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:06 am »

2 MU, possibly.

Oh but even then one couldn't be the MU Cop so if the other Cop investigated one of them they'd have caught them.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: February 07, 2013, 05:05:27 am »

So I think you're right.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: February 07, 2013, 06:56:53 am »

8 alive with suspected at most 2 scum. 

Scum seem a little weak for there to be only 1 left, but then multi-ball is so random that there could very well only be one.  I mean compare the situation we're in with the one where scum consistently hits town instead of scum...If scum weren't hitting scum (just straight converting kills to townies) we'd be at 5-3, which is practically lylo in multi-ball.  So, I'm not convinced there must be 2 left, but it seems reasonable enough.

I'm for the mass claim.  How do we want to handle it?
Do we want the cops to claim, along with any living targets, first, then if there's a counter-claim they can complete their claim?  (This would avoid giving away cop-type based on who was investigated).  Then we go from there to finish a claim?
Do we want to have everyone give a list of preferred claim-order, and work through the claims based on that?
Or
Do we want to have someone direct the claims?  (I'm not sure I'm confident enough in anyone's townitude, except my own, at this point to have them direct the claims).

I mean the cop claims are about the only info we really get from a mass claim anyways right?  Role not attached to alignment for everyone else and all that.

I think I like the idea that cops claim along with any living targets, and we work forward from there, including whether we even want to complete a full mass-claim from everyone.

I don't think we should lynch cops today.  We should save the cop-lynches till later, if we lynch town scum will probably kill their respective cops...so if a Maquis is still alive we'll know whether the Maquis-cop is MU after the NKs.  If no Maquis are still alive, then we can treat the Maquis-cop as a complete unknown alignment.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: February 07, 2013, 08:41:24 am »

I think the best way to do a mass claim if we are headed down that route is to have both cops claim, along with their investigations. From there those two cops work together to figure out the ordering for a mass claim. I am willing to bet that at least one of the cops is town and will be able to push toward town's agenda. Both cops will need to come to a consensus on who should claim and when. Once they reach that consensus we can then move forward with the mass claim.

Any players cleared from the cop investigations should probably be placed at the end of the mass claim list. but I'll leave that up to the cops to hash out in for themselves.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: February 07, 2013, 08:43:18 am »

The part I bolded is I think maybe a big clue, because half those people are dead town. Now, does Galz put his scummate in this group? I'd think he might. Jimm or mcmc. He mentions that pair again, too. There's a case to be made that one of these people would be his partner. Since I don't think it's mcmc because of the tracking, that would make me think of Jimm as a top suspect to be Galz's partner.

Glad you noticed this as well. I had posted about it way earlier--and so had Jimmmm himself day2 in what I thought was a super overly defensive reaction--those two things were basically the lynchpin of my case on Jimmmm from day3.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: February 07, 2013, 08:45:00 am »

I think the best way to do a mass claim if we are headed down that route is to have both cops claim, along with their investigations. From there those two cops work together to figure out the ordering for a mass claim. I am willing to bet that at least one of the cops is town and will be able to push toward town's agenda. Both cops will need to come to a consensus on who should claim and when. Once they reach that consensus we can then move forward with the mass claim.

Any players cleared from the cop investigations should probably be placed at the end of the mass claim list. but I'll leave that up to the cops to hash out in for themselves.

Okay, I agree with that.  It's about what I felt, I'm fine with it, so let's get this show on the road.
I'm a cop, of the living players I have investigated Jimmmmm and liopoil both are innocent from my perspective.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: February 07, 2013, 08:47:51 am »

Okay, I agree with that.  It's about what I felt, I'm fine with it, so let's get this show on the road.
I'm a cop, of the living players I have investigated Jimmmmm and liopoil both are innocent from my perspective.

Mostly for completion's sake, can you say which night you investigated which player and what dead player you investigated?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:51 am »

As I stated before, I think it is best to save that information until later in order that we will not know which cop is which due to any investigations of Glooble/Munch which may have happened day1/2.  If either myself or the other cop investigated those players it would immediately expose which cop is which.

If players generally agree that such information would be better to have immediately, then I'm fine to claim it...but that's going to take more consensus than the claim took.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:01 am »

I agree that theorel shouldn't give any more information. I mean, obviously if he thinks it'll help us then yeah, but looks like it could potentially help scum more. I guess the other cop should claim next?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: February 07, 2013, 09:10:54 am »

As I stated before, I think it is best to save that information until later in order that we will not know which cop is which due to any investigations of Glooble/Munch which may have happened day1/2.  If either myself or the other cop investigated those players it would immediately expose which cop is which.

If players generally agree that such information would be better to have immediately, then I'm fine to claim it...but that's going to take more consensus than the claim took.

gotcha... didn't think of the glooble/munch/galz implications. I was mostly thinking along the lines of dealing with a counter cop claim. Yeah, save that info for later.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: February 07, 2013, 10:17:22 am »

In fact, might have been better for the Cops to just claim Cop and not give any results at first, to make it harder for a counter-claim. But I don't think a counter-claim is particularly likely, so it doesn't matter.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.