Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 269055 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1975 on: February 02, 2013, 02:41:29 pm »

robz, I have consistently through all the days been only slightly on the lower half of the post counts. How am I contributing less than Dsell?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »

robz, I have consistently through all the days been only slightly on the lower half of the post counts. How am I contributing less than Dsell?

I don't think the only slightly part is right. Though you have contributed more than Dsell, definitely. Dsell has that station thing going for him, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 02, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »

1. ashersky total: 294; 177 from day 1 (60%); 93 from day2 (32%); 24 from day3 (8%)
2. Robz total: 254 169 from day 1 (66%); 61 from day2 (24%); 24 from day3 (9%)
3. yuma total: 134;  73 from day 1 (54%); 41 from day2 (30%); 20 from day3 (15%)
7. Glooble total: 63; 35 from day 1 (55%); 24 from day2 (38%); 4 from day3 (6%)
9. liopoil total: 91; 37 from day 1 (40%); 36 from day2 (40%); 18 from day3 (20%)
10. mcmcsalot  total: 91; 48 from day 1 (52%); 31 from day2 (34%); 12 from day3 (13%)
11. Jimmmmm total: 170; 127 from day 1 (74%); 35 from day2 (21%) ; 8 from day3 (4%)
12. theorel total: 71; 26 from day 1 (36%); 33 from day2 (46%); 12 from day3 (16%)
13. themunch total: 109; 49 from day1 (45%); 42 from day2 (38%); 18 from day3 (16%)
14. Dsell total: 44; 30 from day1 (68%); 8 from day2 (18%); 6 from day3 (13%)
Overall T-6th out of 10. 7th D1. 5th D2. T-4th D3. That's only slightly on the lower half I think...

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 02, 2013, 03:09:24 pm »

Yuma's case on Jimmm is good. Particularly the part about Galz' list of scumspects. Since it's multi-scum, I could see Galz putting no scum partners on the list, but I'm not sure. I also agree with yuma about Jimmm's exposition about how Galz' partner would act.

Since I have a town-read on yuma, my town read on Jimmm is definitely lessening. I could also support a liopoil lynch, probably.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 02, 2013, 06:11:22 pm »

it looks like only dsell and ash think my case on Jimmmm has any merit at all. I still want to hear from themunch about it... I would assume that Glooble would think it has more merit than the case on him, but I don't really trust him at this point regardless...

As for lio. I have reread him... multiple times in fact. And I just don't think that the compelling case is there for him the same way that it is for Glooble or Jimmmm. The only things that anyone has really said about lio is that he has sheeped some votes and had some weird buddy interaction with Glooble. Is there anything we should look at in particular Robz?

I will revert back to vote: glooble as it appears votes on Jimmmm won't be forthcoming. Glooble remains a strong scum read and I support his lynch, but still think Jimmmm is a strong candidate as well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: February 02, 2013, 06:11:42 pm »

pretty sure that is L-2 for glooble FYI

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 02, 2013, 08:25:54 pm »

I'm here.  Bout to do a reread on the last few pages.  See if theres any merit to this Glooble thing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 02, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »

Vote: Liopoil for now, but I am very willing to go with Glooble if that's preferred. I urge the Glooble voters to give liopoil another look, though.

I should really give EVERYBODY another look, but I won't have time yet for a few days. Apologies for being really busy IRL.

I think Glooble is more likely to go through.  Liopoil is looking bad, but I think less scummy and more newbie.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:40 pm »

Ok so I went back and have read basically since Yuma made the initial case on Glooble.  I am slightly confused about what happened between that post and where we are right now.  I could use a little help because I feel like I've gone through it multiple times and I dont really understand how we got back around to it or how he now is at L-2 now.  Granted in the middle of it I was/am distracted by my reads on Ash/Mcmc/Robz.  But who knows how much scum there is, I could be right about any or all of the 3 of them and Glooble might be scum.

I guess I just got confused by the Glooble case followed by Yuma making a Jimm case and people calling him out for derailing the only good lynch.  Have people been on Glooble for a while for things other than lurking (which as an aside: I am becoming more and more cautious of and would actually prefer to lynch more lurkers) but that doesn't mean that I think that Yuma's initial case was super compelling.  I thought it was meh at the time and I really dont think that its a hit it out of the park case right now.

That said, I dont particularly have a town read on Glooble.  There are things that stuck out to me in his response to the Yuma case, more than the Yuma case regarding how he talked about the reads on players (I got an impression that he was willing to word his reads on people in inconsistent ways; whatever was best to rebuke a particular point in Yumas case).  So yeah.  Before I back my vote off Ash/Mcmc/Robz I feel like I need someone to set me straight on the actual events of the last few pages.  My lack of participation is hurting me and my reads I feel.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 02, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »

So yeah.  Before I back my vote off Ash/Mcmc/Robz I feel like I need someone to set me straight on the actual events of the last few pages.  My lack of participation is hurting me and my reads I feel.

Do you have anything specific that you want addressed? I mean the posts back there probably speak more clearly than I could attempt in a summary, unless some of the posts themselves are confusing?

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them, but if you just want a generalization of what happened, I would just suggest rereading the posts again... because that is exactly what I would be doing in trying to explain to the events of the last few days...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 02, 2013, 11:07:14 pm »

Are we still good with a soft-deadline of Wednesday? Like I mentioned before I hated that eevee never had a chance to respond before getting lynched and that was a direct result of us waiting until the deadline to get a lynch going... Deadline on Friday at noon?... So I think Wednesday at noon would be appropriate as a soft deadline.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:58 am »

Are we still good with a soft-deadline of Wednesday? Like I mentioned before I hated that eevee never had a chance to respond before getting lynched and that was a direct result of us waiting until the deadline to get a lynch going... Deadline on Friday at noon?... So I think Wednesday at noon would be appropriate as a soft deadline.
Wednesday soft-deadline is good by me.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 03, 2013, 06:17:16 am »

Also, I don't like that Glooble's last post was when he was at L-2 asking for no one to hammer before he claims etc, but he hasn't posted anything since.

I mean, I don't expect him to claim unless his lynch seems pretty certain, but it seems like he should be saying something of the "etc".  Instead yuma switched votes and Glooble decided to just be quiet and hope we lynched someone else.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 03, 2013, 06:22:33 am »

Also, I don't like that Glooble's last post was when he was at L-2 asking for no one to hammer before he claims etc, but he hasn't posted anything since.

I mean, I don't expect him to claim unless his lynch seems pretty certain, but it seems like he should be saying something of the "etc".  Instead yuma switched votes and Glooble decided to just be quiet and hope we lynched someone else.

This.

Sooner is better.  I'd say Tuesday.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 03, 2013, 08:17:16 am »

I re-read Glooble, and as much as I wanted him to be scummy so that I could feel good about supporting the lynch of someone who's not me, I just didn't. His lurking seems like genuine busyness (although I could be more sympathetic than most to that given how little time I've seemed to have to play Mafia lately), and when he has been posting, he just read like a Townie who wants to contribute but is a little lost at times from being a bit behind. And unless there's something I missed, I haven't found any of the arguments on him terribly convincing either. So while I'd obviously prefer his lynch than mine, he doesn't look like a great candidate to me.
But we obviously need to decide on someone before deadline, preferably before a soft deadline. So I don't know. I think I should take a closer look at yuma and Munch.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1990 on: February 03, 2013, 09:52:29 am »

The thing is everything I've said about claiming before is just as true when its me on the line. Knowing my role won't help any of you know anything about my alignment. I have been keeping up with the thread, but I haven't had much time for analysis. And defending myself is difficult when the main case everyone has on me is perfectly true.

My top scumread remains ashersky.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 03, 2013, 09:42:14 pm »

Alright, we're on page 80 of this game.  It's a behemoth.  I do think its time we got to night.  Here's who's left:

1. ashersky
2. Robz
3. yuma
7. Glooble
9. liopoil
10. mcmcsalot 
11. Jimmmmm
12. theorel
13. TheMunch
14. Dsell

We've got Glooble closest to lynching, a scum case on Jimmmmm built by yuma, there was a fleeting mcmc case, I think, and multiple scum reads on me from tunnelers and those under pressure.

Robz, yuma, and theorel seem to get passes for no apparent reason.  Dsell is still lacking pressure after having made one D1 post, which I think is crazy.

TheMunch is the last remaining member of the mcshraeray crew.  Not sure that makes him more or less scummy.

Out of the ten remaining alive, we've got at least 2 scum, or more, to find.  We still don't know if we have an SK or a second scum team.  We're in pretty rough shape.

I think we could revisit a mass claim, maybe at the start of D4?  If we get a lynch, that is.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 03, 2013, 09:43:50 pm »

Unofficial:

ashersky (1): Glooble
Glooble (4): ashersky, theorel, mcmcsalot, yuma (L-2)
Robz888 (2): TheMunch, liopoil
liopoil (1): Robz888

Not Voting (2): Dsell, Jimmmmm

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Robz, I think it's time you switched to Glooble, or made a compelling case for everyone to switch to lio.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 03, 2013, 09:56:05 pm »

Robz, I think it's time you switched to Glooble, or made a compelling case for everyone to switch to lio.

I agree. I swear I'm starting my liopoil re-read any hour now. If I fail to convince, I will switch to Glooble.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 03, 2013, 10:05:02 pm »

uh-oh

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: February 03, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »

I agree. I swear I'm starting my liopoil re-read any hour now. If I fail to convince, I will switch to Glooble.

I'll try to help...on D1, liopoil made one of those posts where he lists everyone and gives some info on them.  Two lines from that:

Galzria: Also pretty null. Maybe slight town.

In summary: town reads: Dsell, Eevee, Raerae, TheMunch, Yuma, Theorel, LIOPOIL
                   Scum reads: Ashersky, Robz888, Jimmmmm.

Little to say on Galz, leaves Galz off his list.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: February 03, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »

I'll try to help...on D1, liopoil made one of those posts where he lists everyone and gives some info on them.  Two lines from that:

Galzria: Also pretty null. Maybe slight town.

In summary: town reads: Dsell, Eevee, Raerae, TheMunch, Yuma, Theorel, LIOPOIL
                   Scum reads: Ashersky, Robz888, Jimmmmm.

Little to say on Galz, leaves Galz off his list.
good catch... but...

that tends to lead me to think that lio isn't galz's partner. Scum is generally very aware of who their partners are. A vet may intentionally leave a partner of such a list to try and do some double think with other vets... but lio as a newer player would be thinking the whole time, "where to put Galz... where to put Galz?" and wouldn't leave him off the list...

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: February 03, 2013, 10:44:59 pm »

Rest of D1 liopoil:

Lot of newbie stuff.  Was hung up for a long time on Jimmmmm being Hated, which I think was a bit of misinformation that took off.  Very jokey when suspected.  Supported backing off of Glooble the first time he got pressure for lurking.

Called Galz town again later in the day, near the end.

Total of 37 posts on D1 by my count.  Not a lot there.  Definitely didn't earn any town cred, but wouldn't have been the best lynch D1.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: February 03, 2013, 10:46:12 pm »

First Post of D2 from liopoil:

yay, things to analyze!

the scum-team with galz on it almost certainly killed raerae. The NK on raerae was most likely an attempt to get the other scum team. There were quite a few people who had a scum read on raerae, and ash was the one who pushed it the hardest. Ash has already addressed this, but I'm not sold on it. ash asked why he would push the lynch just to NK her later? well I'd assume that you would rater lynch her so you can NK someone else, plus if she's scum you get a little town cred. so FoS ash.

did galz think raerae was scum?

I think ash is a good target for the mirror universe cop tonight; if we don't lynch him.

I will have  very limited access friday, Saturday, and sunday this week. sorry :(

who thought galz was scum? anyone? anyone who did should similarly have some suspicion.

A lot of assumptions about Galz's team there.  Gives a target for MU cop other than himself.  A few points for him to being Galz's partner.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: February 03, 2013, 10:48:11 pm »

The rest of D2 is not great.  While under pressure is jokey again.  Very little analysis, if any.  Posts enough not to be lurky, but doesn't really provide any substance.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 16 queries.