Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 263502 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2350 on: June 24, 2020, 01:12:25 pm »

If we want Dylan to get a vig shot, he shouldn't spend any stormlight. Now, do we want to do that? I do.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 24, 2020, 01:13:13 pm »

Fair enough on the math, but also the thief could also be scum, and so maximizing their return would not be pro-town.
It doesn't matter in the slightest. You're worried about a very hypothetical scenario. We have strong control over who steals what, and there may not even be scum in your house.

On the flipside, here's a chance for us to confirm that you did not use your anti-town powers, which would go a long way towards clearing you, and you're refusing to take it.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 24, 2020, 01:13:42 pm »

But if they are charging a low number while I'm suddenly having to charge 55, I'm coming out at a net loss. Unless someone wants to tell me exactly who is in House Sadeas with me with their sphere counts, then I might reconsider.
In case you forgot... we're doing a massclaim of these things right now.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: June 24, 2020, 01:15:03 pm »

If we want Dylan to get a vig shot, he shouldn't spend any stormlight. Now, do we want to do that? I do.

He started with 55 total Spheres. Takes 50 to Vig. He claims to have 30 Infused, 25 Dun. If he places those 25 Dun out and even a single person steals from him, he won't hit 50 regardless.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:17 pm »

He started with 55 total Spheres. Takes 50 to Vig. He claims to have 30 Infused, 25 Dun. If he places those 25 Dun out and even a single person steals from him, he won't hit 50 regardless.

But he can steal as well. So we want him to be able to get at least 20 infused spheres from stealing is he's stolen from.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:38 pm »

But if they are charging a low number while I'm suddenly having to charge 55, I'm coming out at a net loss. Unless someone wants to tell me exactly who is in House Sadeas with me with their sphere counts, then I might reconsider.

We might not get to the end before highstorm.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: June 24, 2020, 01:17:29 pm »

Fair enough on the math, but also the thief could also be scum, and so maximizing their return would not be pro-town.
It doesn't matter in the slightest. You're worried about a very hypothetical scenario. We have strong control over who steals what, and there may not even be scum in your house.

On the flipside, here's a chance for us to confirm that you did not use your anti-town powers, which would go a long way towards clearing you, and you're refusing to take it.

Right, and when galz just said he was in my house, I went back and realized his post where he mentioned one of his actions wasn't a fullclaim (I was skimming) and so I jumped the gun anyway. In a situation where we didn't have a LITERAL CLAIMED SCUM, I would be way more likely to take this chance to prove my claim. In the future, I might consider it as things develop. At this moment, I don't think it's in town's best interest to do so/there's no need to do it right this second, so I'm not going to let you force me to play a certain way like I felt happened with claiming D1.

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 24, 2020, 01:18:51 pm »

@dylan please give a specific scenario you are afraid of.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 24, 2020, 01:20:09 pm »

He could easily just start with 15 more infused spheres than what he claimed and use them to ninja. What are you gonna do about that? Nothing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 24, 2020, 01:21:52 pm »

Right, and when galz just said he was in my house, I went back and realized his post where he mentioned one of his actions wasn't a fullclaim (I was skimming) and so I jumped the gun anyway. In a situation where we didn't have a LITERAL CLAIMED SCUM, I would be way more likely to take this chance to prove my claim. In the future, I might consider it as things develop. At this moment, I don't think it's in town's best interest to do so/there's no need to do it right this second, so I'm not going to let you force me to play a certain way like I felt happened with claiming D1.

ppe 3
Yeah I should probably have mentioned this, hypercube claimed Kholin to me back during D1 or even N1, I don't think he lied about that.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 24, 2020, 01:22:44 pm »

ppe 3
Yeah I should probably have mentioned this, hypercube claimed Kholin to me back during D1 or even N1, I don't think he lied about that.
*or even N0

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 24, 2020, 01:24:40 pm »

He could easily just start with 15 more infused spheres than what he claimed and use them to ninja. What are you gonna do about that? Nothing.
Well yeah but if he started with enough spheres to vig then I think he would have kept them.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 24, 2020, 01:24:53 pm »

ppe 3
It was in the regular thread also. post 1262

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 24, 2020, 01:26:56 pm »

Well yeah but if he started with enough spheres to vig then I think he would have kept them.

Given what's happened D2, I would've kept the ninja. But I doubt that's a decision scum makes N1, so fair enough.

The Dylan-spends-everything plan only works if he doesn't steal and no one steals from him, which only works if there's no scum in the house. Do you think you can uphold that rule?

Are you in Dylan's house?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 24, 2020, 01:27:03 pm »

Also, full details:

Class: Edgedancer
House: Sadeas
Spheres: 70 Infused, 0 Dun

N1: Doctor Faust (-15 Infused Spheres)
D2: Remaining Sphere's Drained
N2: Nothing

Current: 0 Infused Spheres, 70 Dun Spheres

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 24, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »

Given what's happened D2, I would've kept the ninja. But I doubt that's a decision scum makes N1, so fair enough.

The Dylan-spends-everything plan only works if he doesn't steal and no one steals from him, which only works if there's no scum in the house. Do you think you can uphold that rule?

Are you in Dylan's house?

The plan works fine regardless of any stealing. The plan isn't to get him to spend it all now and then refill so he can Vig later. The plan is to have him spend at least 6 messages worth (30 Sphere's) to verify that he has that amount left - which is what he claimed. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant.

Mafia Record:

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 24, 2020, 01:29:41 pm »

There's a bunch of uninformed things I can say about the setup, but I absolutely love the sphere distribution. It's completely random, and that's exactly what it needs to be.

The plan works fine regardless of any stealing. The plan isn't to get him to spend it all now and then refill so he can Vig later. The plan is to have him spend at least 6 messages worth (30 Sphere's) to verify that he has that amount left - which is what he claimed. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant.

Idk I kinda want to have a vig around so we can shoot the claimed SK, that seems pro town to me at least.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 24, 2020, 02:03:15 pm »

I think we’re mixing up the claim order?
I was waiting for Scolapasta, but I see people after me have claimed.

I think Dylan is town. And I wouldn’t mind him shooting at a third party.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 24, 2020, 02:05:22 pm »

I think we’re mixing up the claim order?
I was waiting for Scolapasta, but I see people after me have claimed.

I think Dylan is town. And I wouldn’t mind him shooting at a third party.

Yeah, I goofed seeing galz post something that included something he did and jumped the gun. We should get back in order with the one exception that if you are in House Sadeas, say so before the highstorm comes and then wait for your turn to claim everything else.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 24, 2020, 02:05:47 pm »

Wow, lots going on, and good point, we don't know when the storm is coming, so let's get these claims in.

What I have already claimed:
Elsecaller
N1: tracked MiX (no result), invented neighborhood for Gloobie and joth
N2: tracked someone (no result)

New info:
N2 tracked chairs (in case joth was trying to "protect him" in his confessional;
invented the negative painial for cube (makes hime weak)

Special order power: jailkeeper (cost 15)

House sadea (with dylan and galz and efhw)

Started with 60/40; now at 10/90
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: June 24, 2020, 02:06:56 pm »

Dylan I would like you to use your orbs, that way galz or I have something to steal.

If you are both town, this now meake sense, as one or both of you can steal a lot from me.

(I'm assuming, hopefully correctly, that 4 is the max in a house)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 24, 2020, 02:07:36 pm »

If it is just Galz and I left in Sadeas, I will burn the stormlight to prove my claim. That may change depending on who, if anyone else, is in it too. Luckily, we already got rid of scum!EFHW out of our house, so that's good.

ppe 2

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 24, 2020, 02:07:44 pm »

well crap

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 24, 2020, 02:07:57 pm »

(originally I did not think you should, but now with the new info of all our house members, it makes sense).

If you don't I can't risk putting all my orbs out.

Putting all my orbs out is protown if you are both town.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: June 24, 2020, 02:09:40 pm »

Also, probably not the case, but is there nay chance that cube us lying about being scum?

e.g. what if he is a jester who wins by getting exiled? then he could be using this "i give up" to induce us into exiling.

Would it be better to try and NK him (which I tried last night, to the only ability I have that could have maybe done that)?

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.