Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196355 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1525 on: July 03, 2013, 10:00:36 pm »

Ahoppy, can you explain this contradiction? This first post is from #1402, your original defense:
Alright, sorry for my absence again, but real life trumps mafia, sorry.  Anyways, thoughts while I was away:

Fair point, that chairs really hasn't done anything ultra towny besides his claim.  I still see it as town, but I understand that you may not.  Heck, he and xerion could have planned this together from the beginning to set up some crazy D1 fake claim.  Far fetched? yeah, but still, gotta think of all the options.  Another question though: If you're willing to lynch chairs, then you're also willing to let xerion not go through with his plan.  so are you then willing to lynch xerion?

Your view on Chairs' claim there is that it's town. Yet recently, you decided to make a case on chairs, specifically saying:

Other than his voting habits, his paper claim doesn't give him towncred in my book. Anything that appears to be easy towncred I would attribute with something scum would be willing to do.  I don't think an unpressured claim neccesarily means scum in my book.

Why did your view on this change, and what led you to make your case on Chairs?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 03, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »

I've just thought about it more, and come to the conclusion that this could be a claim to get towncred.  Earlier I was sheeping everyone else's thoughts that it was towny without giving it much thought. 

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:37 pm »

Vote Count 1.19
EFHW (2) ashersky, mail-mi
Eevee (1) theorel
AHoppy (5) shraeye, raerae, nkirbit, chairs, Twistedarcher
mail-mi (3) xeiron, Eevee, EFHW

Not Voting: (1) AHoppy

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
6 to no-lynch

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:03:08 pm by Archetype »

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: July 03, 2013, 10:17:10 pm »

Arch where is Eevee's vote?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: July 03, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »

AHoppy what do you think about voting mail-mi?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: July 03, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »

I could go there, but I haven't gone back and re-read him yet...  but I don't remember his play very much, nothing memorable jumps out (then again, 60 pages is a ton to remember).  But seeing as he's really the only other option (i'm not feeling the EFHW lynch.  I'm not as convinced on the scumslip as ash, and I don't see anything else scummy there) I can sheep this and Vote: mail-mi at the risk of committing the same crime I accused chairs of doing.  But I don't see any other lynch besides myself going through, and I have 100% chance lynching town if I vote myself, and less than that if I vote mail-mi.  So there we go.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 03, 2013, 10:45:56 pm »

Post count: look at that. X, chairs, and theorelin the 10s to 20s, the next lowest being Ahops at 42. Chairs is vla. Theorel has a lot of content. X has no excuse.

I'm reading mail-mi now, and this comes off as an extremely odd accusation from mail-mi, especially since about 15 of his posts were pregame/RVS.

I am having concerns that all of his reads are the "easy ones", you know.  Like, he immediately finds ash scummy for voting raerae without reason.  He pressures eevee for being inactive early.  he pressures xeiron for having a low post count.  He chooses Xeiron as his re-read.

Individually, I don't have a problem with any of these things.. I think all are excusable, and things town members would do.  But when we put them together, we have a trend of a player going for "easy" cases.  This is troubling to me because it seems exactly what a mafia member would do... they want to get out and state opinions so no one can accuse them of lurking too much, but they're not going to go for harder reads because, well, they don't have to.

I also think Ahoppy is defending himself well.  He hasn't immediately jumped on the other wagon (although he just did now), and is still looking into other parts of the game and trying to find scum.  His defense somewhat reminds me of my own in B2B... it was the first time either of us have come under serious pressure, and I think we've reacted somewhat similarly.

Vote: mail-mi

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 03, 2013, 10:47:50 pm »

This puts mail-mi at 5 and ahoppy at 4, I believe.  Arch, can you do another vote count?  You missed Eevee last time, I want to be sure of where we stand.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 03, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »

I think that's right.  By my count, Eevee was on mail-mi.  Now we need some more people to come back.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 03, 2013, 11:04:44 pm »

Ok this should be good.

Vote Count 1.20
Eevee (1) theorel
AHoppy (4) shraeye, raerae, chairs, Twistedarcher
mail-mi (5) xeiron, Eevee, EFHW, AHoppy, nkirbit

Not Voting: (0)

6 to no-lynch

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »

So I re-read mail-mi (not much there...) the scummiest things I see are:
major lurking, even moreso than me.  (mail-mi 59 posts, ahop 63), ok only by 4 posts, but when you consider that 8 posts were before the game started, and 7 posts were about ridiculous RVS and deli meats, that puts him around 44 posts.  Whereas me: 3 posts pre-game and 1.5 posts about deli meats.  putting me around 58 posts.  add into this that mail-mi's posts are really short and not that helpful (as per usual mail-mi though...) and it doesn't look good to me.  But that's not really enough to lynch him with since that's a known town!mail-mi thing (see mean girls and my case on him there).

But here, he also flips his vote around a lot and is sheeping a lot too.  See recently, where he flips flops his vote around eevee and efhw (who he is presumably still re-reading).  now let's look at his one meaty post:

Okay, I'm going to reread xeiron and all of his 9 whopping posts.

Yay for a new game.
First post, included for completeness (also because I don't want to take out a whole 1/9th of content.)

vote: raerae

Not RVS.

Nice explanation, Ash.  Totally a compelling case.

I agree this is the most compelling case we have so I will sheep Ashersky and vote: Raerae.

I don't know if this vote is RVS or if he thinks ash is soft claiming an investigative role, and since ash has claimed that it was just to gauge reactions, and xeiron has yet to unvote, pretty scummy.

I still want to hear why Ashersky's post in any way implicates Raerae as scum - I must be missing something.

I am not sure if it was intentional but this could be seen as a softclaim:

Results?  Hmmmm.  Remember when I was scum and claimed I tracked mcmc and caught scum?  That was awesome.  Here's the thing; if folks had just listened to my hinting without forcing me to claim, we would have lynched scum a power role AND not outed a power role scum.  So my general belief if to NOT claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you have to, even if you caught scum.  Instead, just vote and make cases.

This is a wierd post that I don't get. Just because I don't understand it, slight scum read.

I still want to hear why Ashersky's post in any way implicates Raerae as scum - I must be missing something.

I am not sure if it was intentional but this could be seen as a softclaim:

Results?  Hmmmm.  Remember when I was scum and claimed I tracked mcmc and caught scum?  That was awesome.  Here's the thing; if folks had just listened to my hinting without forcing me to claim, we would have lynched scum a power role AND not outed a power role scum.  So my general belief if to NOT claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you have to, even if you caught scum.  Instead, just vote and make cases.

If you think it's a soft claim, why are you pointing it out? Now, if it's true, you've put Ash in a bad spot! I figured he was just speaking generally, but dang, you could be right, but I wish you hadn't have pointed it out.

I fail to see how I put Ashersky in a bad spot. Yes, He might be a PR, but since this is role madness there should be no shortage of power roles. If he has an investigative role and already know raerae is scum, I do think he should claim so sometime during D1. If he don't, and we lynch raerae based on softclaims/cases from Ashersky and she flips town, we won't know if he is scum or just mistaken town. Remember that in his exemple he flipped the alignments. Had we lynched mcmc in that game without ash needing to claim, we wouldn't have caught him(ash) as scum.
My general belief if to DO claim results from investigations/watching/tracking/etc. unless you do not have to, if you caught scum. We probably have one or more doctor/protection role so it is not instant death to claim cop.

I did point it out because it is the among the most interesting things I have found in this game by now, because it might mean Ashersky is building up for a claim. If he is, that claim may be a fake, just as likely as a real one. Ashersky just had huge success with preparing for and then fakeclaimimg as scum. He would probably consider doing something like that again.

Theory talk, null read.

We should not itemclaim any more, because itemclaiming is roleclaiming. That is, roleclaiming of our future roles. The OP says items combination do make sense and should not be easy to guess. Meaning if I say I have a first aid kit, but wish for medicine it is not hard to figure out I am/can become a doctor. We should avoid claiming roles at this point.

I think the best way to maximize powerroles is for everyone to send items they don't nead to their biggest townread.

I like the conclusion he comes to, so townish read here.

I have reread spiritbears and he seems to me like good old town spiritbears.
I have also got atownread on Theorel and Ashersky.

Null.

Theorel are you sure on your numbers? I think assuming 3 scum it's about 55/45 that there's a scum. (9/12 * 8/11 of no scum). Higher if there's only 2 lower if 4. I think you are assuming fights are town v town far far too easily...
I wasn't removing myself, nor was I removing the first town player (i.e. I was just doing (10/13)^2).  The second one of those is obviously terrible.  The first is arguable (it's not using all information available to me/any town player, but it is still an accurate calculation for an impartial observer).
So, from an impartial observer it should be ~58%.  From a town player's perspective it's ~54.5%, and from scum's perspective they already know which it is.  I wouldn't say 60% is far far too easily.  I mean it's only ~5% more likely.

I apologize for my bad maths.

I just noticed this post by Theorel, and I have some problems with it.

1. I wasn't removing myself, nor was I removing the first town player . The fact that you forgot to remove yourself makes me wonder if you do not automaticly see yourself as town.

2. (i.e. I was just doing (10/13)^2). How do you know for sure that there is exactly three scum?

I don't like the way he worded No. 2. "How can you be sure that there is exactly three scum?" can be interpreted more than one way. 1) there could be more than three scum, or the more incriminating 2) How do you know there's three scum (on my scum team)? One is more curious, one is more inquisitive (if you get what I mean). Slight scum read here.

Theorel are you sure on your numbers? I think assuming 3 scum it's about 55/45 that there's a scum. (9/12 * 8/11 of no scum). Higher if there's only 2 lower if 4. I think you are assuming fights are town v town far far too easily...
I wasn't removing myself, nor was I removing the first town player (i.e. I was just doing (10/13)^2).  The second one of those is obviously terrible.  The first is arguable (it's not using all information available to me/any town player, but it is still an accurate calculation for an impartial observer).
So, from an impartial observer it should be ~58%.  From a town player's perspective it's ~54.5%, and from scum's perspective they already know which it is.  I wouldn't say 60% is far far too easily.  I mean it's only ~5% more likely.

I apologize for my bad maths.

1. I wasn't removing myself, nor was I removing the first town player . The fact that you forgot to remove yourself makes me wonder if you do not automaticly see yourself as town.

2. (i.e. I was just doing (10/13)^2). How do you know for sure that there is exactly three scum?

1. He didn't remove himself because he was presenting the case to other players, who don't for sure know that he's town.  I can see that, although I disagree with it.

2. 3 scum is pretty standard for a game of this size, I think.  I would guess 3 scum.

I have added Theorels post below where he originally calculates this.

1. He does not present his calculations to the other players, only the result in the form: more that 50% chance they are both town. So I am not convinced he would bother to put it in our perspective.
With the phrasing "given any 2 players at random" I agree it makes sense to include himself, but when he uses this to figure out whether efhw and shraeye are both town, it makes more sense not to.
The way he did it makes me think he was focused about calculating "any 2 players at random", not "EFHW - Shraeye". Could be because he is scum and thus not really scumhunting.

2.. I agree 3 scum is pretty standard. I would guess 3 scum as well. But when calculating something I would probably consider other scum distributions as well. Ta does so here:
Theorel seems to be very sure that we are dealing with three scum since he do not address other possibilities.

In this case, that's spiritbears.  And although I don't think it's by any means conclusive, he does come off scummier here (IMO) for adding fuel to the fire.  It seems inherently scum-like to try to alienate players from each other if both are town.  Doing so helps to ensure that town will not unite against you.  OTOH if efhw-shraeye are not both town, then spiritbears (if scum) was either taking a position against a team-mate, or immediately alongside a team-mate.  That I think looks relatively unlikely, scum would be more likely to just try to pull attention elsewhere in that case...perhaps pushing the town v. town angle.  Since, at this stage, given any 2 players at random, they are more likely both town than either scum I'm going to go ahead with this making spiritbears slightly scummier (probably taking him just past neutral.  Say scumScore=26).

Null read here.

X looks scummy for his analysis of Theorel's math - he says right there in the post why he didn't remove himself.  Maybe xeiron didn't read carefully?
I wasn't removing myself, nor was I removing the first town player (i.e. I was just doing (10/13)^2).  The second one of those is obviously terrible. The first is arguable (it's not using all information available to me/any town player, but it is still an accurate calculation for an impartial observer).
I agree with this, and didn't pick up that theorel had put the reason right into his calculation post.  I initially was just going to inform xeiron, that theorel is very calculating like this and likes for his calculations to come from an impartial position.  But xeiron jumping on theorel without even fully reading the post really doesn't look good.

Vote: xeiron

I did read Theorel's post, and it reads to me that he  did forget, not chose, to to exclude himself, but argues afterwards that it is no big deal (In contrast to not excluding the first person, which is just wrong math.). His post answering my case seems to support this.

I am, by the way, statisfied with his answer so I do not plan on pushing this further.

And this is his last post. You don't seem to be planning on pushing anything further.

Now, I know xeiron always looks scummy. But 9 posts in 27 pages?!?!?!?! And I think the scummy outweighs the towny, and he really needs to get back here. vote: xeiron.

the part where he says "I like the conclusion he comes to here, townread" feels a little strange to me.  Just because you like the conclusion doesn't make it a townread.  Scum is trying to make you like their thoughts as well.  You need to look past the conclusion and look at the motivations behind what they are saying.  Granted this is talking about theory talk and actually probably shouldn't give much of a read since it's just theory talk, and really this is a miniscule sticking point kind of feeling like ash's nitpicky scumslip he found on EFHW, but still.  It's something that feels strange to me.

overall I think it's a pretty weak case on xerion, the biggest point being that he's a lurker (very much like himself).  I would agree with others who have voiced this that it seems like he was being lazy and just picking the guy with the least posts to re-read and trying to make it look scummy.  Also, mail-mi, for all the talk early game about you seeing ashersky as scummy, it did seem to die pretty quickly and you never really picked it up again.  What have you thought about ashersky's play since the beginning of the game?

PPE:
nice catch nkirbit about his post count accusation.  I would agree that mail-mi does just try to glide on by and find the easy way out.  I think it's time to put some pressure on him and see how he reacts now.  Although, it is getting up to that soft deadline we set...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 03, 2013, 11:12:25 pm »

No no no no no!!! This is a bad lynch guys. I really do think mail-mi is town!

We've had four wagons so far. Eevee, EFHW, Xeiron, Ahoppy.

Now, all FOUR of these players are on Mail-mi's wagon. There's definitely some scum misdirection going on. I think I believe Xeiron's claim, so I really think this makes EFHW and Ahoppy look much more fishy. EFHW comes off fishier, since she's been a much larger proponent of moving to mail-mi.

I'd much rather lynch either Ahoppy or EFHW than mail-mi (and I'd rather lynch Ahoppy than EFHW still, but it's getting closer).

Mail-mi is a really easy wagon to push here. He's always scummy. Every time. Every game! Yes, he's sheeping, but I thought his case on Xeiron was good, and he came to genuine conclusions. This is the biggest part of my town read on him. When he did a re-read in another game as scum, it came off as incredibly ingenuine and forced to me, and that he already knew what his opinion was be. I didn't get that opinion on his reading of Xeiron whatsoever.

I am absolutely opposed to a mail-mi lynch. He's basically my strongest town read this game.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 03, 2013, 11:31:24 pm »

I agree that Ahoppy's not really a "lurker" in this game -- he's got a lot of posts, it's not his fault we've gotten to 60 pages on D1!

That said, I think the case you just posted on mail-mi is pretty weak, and just summarizes "classic mail-mi". He's being run up here as the alternative lynch because scum need to vote someone else to relieve the pressure.

I am feeling more and more confident with my vote on Ahoppy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 03, 2013, 11:43:24 pm »

The fact is we have no idea who is scum.  There is no compelling case on anyone.  The AHoppy case is weak, the mail-mi case would be slam dunk on anyone except mail-mi, xeiron and Eevee are being given free passes.  I am a very bad lynch.  Maybe we should be looking at raerae, shraeye and Theorel.  They've all been pretty low-profile, pop in now and then to say a few things.  Maybe someone should do a reread of Ashersky.  You fallen under some suspicion today.  nkirbit and chairs? 

At this point, I'd even vote xeiron.  At least if he's town then we have an IC in Eevee. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 03, 2013, 11:48:10 pm »

Ashersky and xeiron have combined to cost us days of going in circles.  Ash's absurd case on me and xeiron letting me spend two days convincing everyone Eevee was scum.  I've been hanging around all evening hoping to meet the deadline, but now I'm going to bed. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 03, 2013, 11:49:21 pm »

Vote: mail-mi
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 03, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »

vote: xeiron.  Getting this flip will move us forward the most.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:47 pm »

Xeiron's not getting lynched today, EFHW, I'm pretty sure. You had mail-mi at L-1. Why'd you move?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:39 pm »

vote: xeiron.  Getting this flip will move us forward the most.

Votes an almost IC and claimed cop?  Still not scummy?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 03, 2013, 11:54:41 pm »

The move to xeiron from mail-mi looks to me like you ARE afraid that if (but really when, he's totally town) mail-mi flips town, you'll look scummy. At least if you're on Xeiron and he flips scum, you'll be able to say "but Nkirbit sounded really good, his case was good, Xeiron was sooo scummy, he didn't post his reads, he's assuming too many things, he's playing poorly". If you're scum, you have more outs and excuses for a Xeiron mislynch than a Mail-mi mislynch at this point.

So yeah, I think that switch is painting you as pretty scummy.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: July 03, 2013, 11:55:51 pm »

Vote Count 1.21
Eevee (1) theorel
AHoppy (4) shraeye, raerae, chairs, Twistedarcher
mail-mi (5) xeiron, Eevee, AHoppy, nkirbit, ashersky
xeiron (1) EFHW

Not Voting: (0)

6 to no-lynch

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 04, 2013, 12:07:22 am »

Xeiron's not getting lynched today, EFHW, I'm pretty sure. You had mail-mi at L-1. Why'd you move?
Because I am so frustrated.  I don't think mail-mi is a great lynch choice.  I actually think voting him is about the same as a random lynch.  I got on that wagon because I thought it could fly and because he contributes the least.  But then I got to thinking that at least if xeiron is town we get something.  He's already told us he used up his one-shot power.  So what could his plan be?  And his strange logic in Shakespeare and his refusal to give us the reasons for his hodge-podge of reads is making me not have much faith in his claim that he can solve the game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 04, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

I don't really care about having "outs" for my votes.  AHoppy is not going to go tonight either.  Who are you going to switch to?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11:14 am »

Because I am so frustrated.  I don't think mail-mi is a great lynch choice.  I actually think voting him is about the same as a random lynch.  I got on that wagon because I thought it could fly and because he contributes the least.  But then I got to thinking that at least if xeiron is town we get something.  He's already told us he used up his one-shot power.  So what could his plan be?  And his strange logic in Shakespeare and his refusal to give us the reasons for his hodge-podge of reads is making me not have much faith in his claim that he can solve the game.

No, I don't have faith in his plan at all. I don't expect it to come to much. That said, I think he's probably town, even though I'm frustrated with his play.

I think Ahoppy is the most likely and best alternative to mail-mi currently. But if it came to it, I'd probably vote almost anyone to avoid a mail-mi lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 04, 2013, 12:19:38 am »

I'll be around tomorrow, so if it's still day in the morning we can revisit these issues.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.