Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 245782 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 3 Underway!)
« Reply #725 on: May 18, 2014, 09:07:57 pm »

Mafia didn't use their janitor on yuma, that makes me think he wasn't a mafia kill but rather an sk. Sk makes most sense simce town already has a killing role anyway (desperado).

I like mailmi as a partner for Teproc because of how Teproc approached the day 1 wagons.

vote: Mail mi

Is he the last one in his frat?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 2 Underway!)
« Reply #726 on: May 18, 2014, 09:17:32 pm »

Vote Count 3.1:

WW (1):  Andrew
faust (1):  DD
mail-mi (1):  Axxle

Not Voting (6):  EFHW, chairs, Archetype, WW, mail-mi, faust

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 3 ends on May 26 at 7:00 p.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 18, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »

Mafia didn't use their janitor on yuma, that makes me think he wasn't a mafia kill but rather an sk. Sk makes most sense simce town already has a killing role anyway (desperado).

I like mailmi as a partner for Teproc because of how Teproc approached the day 1 wagons.

How do we know mafia has the janitor ability?

And maybe both mafia and the Sk targeted Yuma?

Could it be another mafia faction? This would really throw a wrench in the equation. I want to say no, given the number of players and the lack of kill d1, but I don't know. It'd make more sense a SK wouldn't kill night one and hide instead so people don't know they're there. Hmm

Let me reread d1 and the interactions between ADK and mail-mi and wither weaver, though idk about analyzing night kills very much.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 18, 2014, 09:34:05 pm »

I am double face palming right now.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:42 pm »

Teproc was a jainitor

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2014, 09:47:26 pm »

I think there's 4 different explanations for why we don't have a janitored player dead N1:

1. Teproc was blocked
2. Teproc's target was protected
3. Teproc (or really, anyone else) chose not to Janitor anyone and completed the kill as normal
4. Mafia have a better night kill modifier that they used instead of Teproc's

I think 3 is the most unlikely because it's better to use janitors early game when the Town doesn't know what a player's role is as opposed to later. 4 opens up a whole lot more possibilities.

My opinion is that if we have a Town Roleblocker who didn't target Teproc that they should immediatly claim their N1 action. It's possible that whoever they blocked was a vig, but I agree with Axxle that its unlikely when you take the Desperado into account.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 3 Underwa
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2014, 09:50:49 pm »

Teproc was a jainitor

Whoops, I'm dumb, sorry.

Okay, I have to go to my second job for a bit, but I just reread day 1.

Vote: WW

He is definitely scum. I implore y'all to go reread his interactions with Teproc. Teproc leads a wagon on him and then switches it without a lot of analysis of Witherweaver and never brings the focus back on him after switching the wagon. It seems like a great way to push the "he was lynched and I lead the charge, I'm town Lololol." Card.

Witherweaver does a good job white knighting Joth by switching votes to mail-mi at one point (on an iPad so quotes are hard.)

Overall, his posts, In relation to teproc a, are scummy. Especially their reads on each other.

Witherweaver is scum. Still don't know the serial killer though.

From reading day one, I have to reread mail-mi I day two, but right now I think WW is scum.

Spot her possible scum, from most to least are Faust, mail-mi. Perhaps a scum triangle of Faust, WW, teproc. And a serial killer mail-mi.

I'll post more after I get home and reread mail-mi in day two, seeing as he was absent day one.

Ppe (1)

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:11 pm »

I am double face palming right now.

Double sorry. :( long day

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 3 Underwa
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2014, 10:02:33 pm »

Teproc was a jainitor

Whoops, I'm dumb, sorry.

Okay, I have to go to my second job for a bit, but I just reread day 1.

He is definitely scum. I implore y'all to go reread his interactions with Teproc. Teproc leads a wagon on him and then switches it without a lot of analysis of Witherweaver and never brings the focus back on him after switching the wagon. It seems like a great way to push the "he was lynched and I lead the charge, I'm town Lololol." Card.

Witherweaver does a good job white knighting Joth by switching votes to mail-mi at one point (on an iPad so quotes are hard.)

Overall, his posts, In relation to teproc a, are scummy. Especially their reads on each other.

Witherweaver is scum. Still don't know the serial killer though.

From reading day one, I have to reread mail-mi I day two, but right now I think WW is scum.

Spot her possible scum, from most to least are Faust, mail-mi. Perhaps a scum triangle of Faust, WW, teproc. And a serial killer mail-mi.

I'll post more after I get home and reread mail-mi in day two, seeing as he was absent day one.

Ppe (1)

I don't really follow any of this.  Teproc didn't lead the wagon on me, and I didn't white knight Joth at all. (I hammered him.)  Not really sure where you're getting this.

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2014, 10:13:05 pm »

On mobile and walking a dog. I got to be brief.

White knighting was the wrong term, rather right before he was lynched you started to start to accuse others and shift your focus. Seems an easy way to see him get lynched as town and then say you didn't want to lynch him. Sure you hammered but right before you hammered your posts were telling.

And as for reprocessing and you, I'm not going to quote in mobile every post y'all had together. People go read their interactions. They always had "slight scum" reads on each other and tepric was outspoken against ww before magically just attacking town ! Joth

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 18, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »

Meant teproc and you

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 18, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »

Just checking in.  9 alive, 2 confirmed town, we are getting close to good POE. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 18, 2014, 10:32:40 pm »

On mobile and walking a dog. I got to be brief.

White knighting was the wrong term, rather right before he was lynched you started to start to accuse others and shift your focus. Seems an easy way to see him get lynched as town and then say you didn't want to lynch him. Sure you hammered but right before you hammered your posts were telling.

And as for reprocessing and you, I'm not going to quote in mobile every post y'all had together. People go read their interactions. They always had "slight scum" reads on each other and tepric was outspoken against ww before magically just attacking town ! Joth

Hm.. I don't really agree with your analysis.  I wasn't able to carefully follow a lot of Day1 (was on VLA), and shortly before the deadline I did a reread.  Afterwords I posted what I thought, with my reads.  I didn't have the strongest scum read on Joth, but I wasn't unwilling to lynch him, nor was I defending him.  My preference was Mail-Mi, and I was willing to go Joth as well (and I did, after Mail-Mi wasn't happening).  I don't agree on the "They always had 'slight scum' reads on each other" statement too.  I think Teproc was outspoken on me because he was scum hopping on a wagon that looked promising.  It didn't end up working out, so he abandoned it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 19, 2014, 01:51:22 am »

The fact that both ICs are still alive implies that there are two scum factions (mafia and SK) by the way. Each of them is trying to kill members of the other team over the ICs.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 19, 2014, 01:54:16 am »

Faust - scum. He's been hiding in the background, hasn't had any real reads or anything more than jumping on wagons. This is the same as when he was sci in HoC. He's also posting a lot in his ore mafia game, XMen, which means he's been of these forums. I find this really suspicious. He's definitely giving me the hiding scum vibe.

vote: faust

It's great. When I'm active, I'm scm because I'm active, when I'm a bit more in the background, I'm scum because of that. Sorry that my focus of attention was on X-Men. I'll try to get more into this.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:59 am »

vote: WW

ADK was the one who brought up suspicion of WW on D1 so from a SK standpoint, ADK is a likely target. I guess if there's a third party they were roleblocked N1? WW is also a likely N1 roleblock target. I'm still suspicious of mail-mi and to a lesser extent DD although I'm not familiar with his playstyle so I'm not really sure about that. I'll do some rereading.

ADK's flip is quite convenient for starting a WW wagon. I'm wary of Andrew here...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:16 am »

I understand how Robz was so excited about his result now btw. Catching scum with a Role Cop? Awesome.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:45 am »

WW - town, definitely. I don't see why people have suspicion on him. I have found his posts helpful for town, and leading to good content to discuss. Entering day 3 I don't see much suspicion.

This is super weird, not sure what to make of it. I think scum hopping a wagon is more likely than town making a whole turnaround.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 19, 2014, 02:22:57 am »

ADK was the one who brought up suspicion of WW on D1 so from a SK standpoint, ADK is a likely target. I guess if there's a third party they were roleblocked N1? WW is also a likely N1 roleblock target. I'm still suspicious of mail-mi and to a lesser extent DD although I'm not familiar with his playstyle so I'm not really sure about that. I'll do some rereading.

ADK's flip is quite convenient for starting a WW wagon. I'm wary of Andrew here...

I've seen SK and scum target people who suspected them before. I think TA killed you in WoT for that reason, right? And I think shraeye was killed for the same reason, though that was never explained. I still have yet to reread but this was my first thought when I saw that ADK was killed.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 19, 2014, 02:26:08 am »

I've seen SK and scum target people who suspected them before. I think TA killed you in WoT for that reason, right? And I think shraeye was killed for the same reason, though that was never explained. I still have yet to reread but this was my first thought when I saw that ADK was killed.

I does make sense, but I think in this setup, scum really wants to kill the ICs over eliminating the players that suspect them. But right, there must be some reason ADK was killed.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 19, 2014, 02:30:13 am »

The fact that both ICs are still alive implies that there are two scum factions (mafia and SK) by the way. Each of them is trying to kill members of the other team over the ICs.
I think this could be a possibility for N2's deaths, but I wouldn't say the same for N1's death. A SK knows that there is a main Mafia faction, but the Mafia wouldn't be shooting for a SK if they weren't certain there was one.

ADK is a weird kill, though. I understand the Robz death and am pretty sure it's Mafia-induced, but if I were a SK I'd much rather kill an IC over some unknown. Especially since all protective roles should be directed at Robz.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2014, 02:32:43 am »

Also Robz, if you're reading this, I think the best course of action for you is do not win the challenge. mail-mi will get to decide on his own what to do with the prize, and that's no good.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 2 Underway!)
« Reply #747 on: May 19, 2014, 02:35:13 am »

vote : Teproc

Sorry, man. You just seem to die early like all the time recently.
Huge townread on Faust from this post. I'd expect sympathy like this to come from a Townie - not a scum partner.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 19, 2014, 09:41:34 am »

How do we know mafia has the janitor ability?

And maybe both mafia and the Sk targeted Yuma?

Could it be another mafia faction? This would really throw a wrench in the equation. I want to say no, given the number of players and the lack of kill d1, but I don't know. It'd make more sense a SK wouldn't kill night one and hide instead so people don't know they're there. Hmm

Let me reread d1 and the interactions between ADK and mail-mi and wither weaver, though idk about analyzing night kills very much.

Three thoughts on this: 

One, why did you suddenly decide to read the interactions between ADK, Mail-Mi, and myself, in response to Axxle thinking Mail-Mi was likely Teproc's partner?  This indicates that you're looking into whether Axxle is correct or not about Mail-Mi, but you're also tossing me in there after previously stating a fairly strong town read.  This strikes me as a little constructed: he's town, okay let me reread him (but in response to comments about someone else and not about me), and then, oh hey he's scum.

Secondly, you made a point of stating how you don't like analyzing night kills, twice in fact.  For one, why don't you like analyzing night kills?  As far as I know, you've only played two games, and both of those you weren't alive for the second day.  So what makes you think analyzing night kills isn't fruitful?  And also, saying you don't like doing this and then going ahead and doing seems like one of those hedgey statements.

Thirdly, you've pointed out twice that there can be two separate mafia/scum teams.  As if you really want us to be thinking about this:

Quote from: Delirious Deleuze

and previously:

So two kills, we have another scum faction, a nightvig, or a SK.

Particularly in the latter one, "scum faction" and "SK" are listed separately.  And it's stated as a question the second time, as if you just thought of the possibility, but you brought it up previously.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 1 Underway!)
« Reply #749 on: May 19, 2014, 11:43:02 am »

This is actually really well stated. I didn't realize he freaked after only two votes were on him. You're right, it is weird and anti-town to react this way.

I think it's enough for me to vote: joth

Speaking of forced, this post gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm gonna reread real quick.

This is my original FOS post on DD and considering that this post is in response to Teproc's legitimizing the joth lynch, this seems even more forced.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.