Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 245841 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 1 Underway!)
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2014, 11:14:05 am »

Teproc, if we had more time I'd agree, but with so little time left that just forces us to make a rush lynch in the last two days or whatever which is really only good for scum.

Axxle and Teproc are both scummy for pushing so hard for yuma to use the dayvig today. Taking our time is almost always the pro-town option.

That said, I do not get why yuma claimed! I wasn't following the previous game he was referenceing, but that strikes me as a role you absolutely keep secret, especially if there's no particular reason to think scum will target you at night, which I think is the case here.

Someone said yuma's meta would force him to claim? Can someone explain that please?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2014, 11:15:19 am »

Basically if you claim dayvig, you should be ready to use it that day. Otherwise you're throwing the role away. Unless you're counting on protection, which is lame on several counts -- you can't assume there will be protective roles, and it's rude to suddenly require them to target you esp. with two ICs around.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2014, 11:16:08 am »

vote: yuma

Why?
He's not really behaving like I'd expect a town day vig would. And even if he is one I don't want him to keep his shot to a point where scum could easily manipulate him.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

So yuma's claim hasn't had an influence on me to his alignment. Could be town, could be scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2014, 11:17:43 am »

Axxle and Teproc are both scummy for pushing so hard for yuma to use the dayvig today. Taking our time is almost always the pro-town option.
Basically if you claim dayvig, you should be ready to use it that day.
What?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2014, 11:19:50 am »

What?

it sounds contradictory but it's not. I don't think yuma should have claimed. Now that yuma has claimed though, I can't see how its protown to rush into two lynches with no information. Day 1 lynches rarely hit scum. Why would you want two day 1 lynches?

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:48 am »

Honestly, if we're really concerned about parity, I'd rather think about no lynch than day 1 vig. But I think parity can wait. We should lynch one person.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:20 am »

yuma, why on earth did you claim?

He/him

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:33 am »

This is a misrepresentation. I'm not pushing yuma to vig someone, what I suggest would basically be a different kind of lynch, but a lynch nonetheless.

That said, I do not get why yuma claimed! I wasn't following the previous game he was referenceing, but that strikes me as a role you absolutely keep secret, especially if there's no particular reason to think scum will target you at night, which I think is the case here.

Someone said yuma's meta would force him to claim? Can someone explain that please?

I guess the idea is that he claimed with the same role in Wheel of Time, and he was town there, so it would look scummy if he behaved differently with the same role in this game. I'm not sure though.

Mostly I think yuma's claim is good because it seems like his existence has to be an annoyance for scum. Do they kill him, try to manipulate his kill, try to prevent him from using it because they fear it might be on them ? It makes their life difficult I think, at least for now (having a vig of unkown alignment later on might be good for them).

PPE : 7
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 10, 2014, 11:22:41 am »

What?

it sounds contradictory but it's not. I don't think yuma should have claimed. Now that yuma has claimed though, I can't see how its protown to rush into two lynches with no information. Day 1 lynches rarely hit scum. Why would you want two day 1 lynches?

I know you're quoting Axxle here, but I will stress again that this is not at all what I'm advocating.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 10, 2014, 11:36:56 am »

What?

I know you're quoting Axxle here, but I will stress again that this is not at all what I'm advocating.

So you're saying, shoot someone and then no-lynch? Just to get the shot out of the way? what's the benefit there?

Mostly I think yuma's claim is good because it seems like his existence has to be an annoyance for scum. Do they kill him, try to manipulate his kill, try to prevent him from using it because they fear it might be on them ? It makes their life difficult I think, at least for now (having a vig of unkown alignment later on might be good for them).

I think this is a fallacy. Scum has all the options they had before, they just have more information. And moe information about town PRs always makes scum's life easier, not harder.

He/him

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:29 am »

What?

So you're saying, shoot someone and then no-lynch? Just to get the shot out of the way? what's the benefit there?

Is reading that hard ? I explained it, like, five posts ago.

I'm saying that when someone gets to L-1 with intent to hammer, we should have yuma use his shot instead of actually lynching, that way we can decide after the flip if we want a second lynch (that's probably only if he's scum), but most importantly we get to talk about the flip, which gives us more content, plain and simple. It's only good if we reach a lynch at least a day before deadline, but it's be pretty useful I think.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 10, 2014, 11:58:01 am »

Avoid-the-prod post.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:16 pm »

What?

I'm saying that when someone gets to L-1 with intent to hammer, we should have yuma use his shot instead of actually lynching, that way we can decide after the flip if we want a second lynch (that's probably only if he's scum), but most importantly we get to talk about the flip, which gives us more content, plain and simple. It's only good if we reach a lynch at least a day before deadline, but it's be pretty useful I think.

That strikes me as marginal utility at best. For the benefit of a few extra hours of discussion post-flip (which probably benefits scum as well as town) we waste yuma's shot? Or, you know, get that pesky dayvig out of the way?

Vote: Teproc for pushing a plan that is so good for scum and so not good for town.

He/him

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:09 pm »

What?

That strikes me as marginal utility at best. For the benefit of a few extra hours of discussion post-flip (which probably benefits scum as well as town) we waste yuma's shot? Or, you know, get that pesky dayvig out of the way?

Vote: Teproc for pushing a plan that is so good for scum and so not good for town.

Huh ?

Why are you assuming yumais a One-Shot Dayvig ? If he is, sure, my plan is terrible. I didn't think of that since he just claimed dayvig, and given that his role was unlimited (I believe) in WoT, that's just where my mind went.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 10, 2014, 12:07:59 pm »

What?

Huh ?

Why are you assuming yumais a One-Shot Dayvig ? If he is, sure, my plan is terrible. I didn't think of that since he just claimed dayvig, and given that his role was unlimited (I believe) in WoT, that's just where my mind went.

I believe it was one-shot dayvig, one-shot nightvig in WoT.  Unlimited dayvig would be... impressive.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:11 pm »

Not really caught up, but to clarify: Yuma in WoT was town with 1-shot dayvig + 1-shot night vig.  He claimed asap on day 1.

I agree with the he-had-to-claim-meta statement someone made.  If he shoots without claiming, everyone would question why he didn't do it up front.  It also makes sense for him to wait to do it right after WoT, since his alignment there wasn't revealed yet, and he can't talk about the claim. 

So I think his claiming here was the "right" thing to do, regardless of alignment.  But I don't have a good alignment read on him. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 10, 2014, 12:17:55 pm »

Yeah, what I said was dumb. Don't know why I assumed it was unlimited dayvig (not that it would be that crazy it's really not THAT different from a regular vig).

Delirious Deleuze

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 10, 2014, 12:23:56 pm »

Not fully caught up either, but I don't know if a vig shot is in our best interest today, but given that he claimed, it puts us in a bad spot.

He'll most likely be NKed because he's a vig. Which means his shot would be useless if we wait and he dies. That being said, I don't know if a vig shot today will be the best for us, but at the very best it will give us more information and possibly a scum kill.

I don't know. I think given that he claimed D1 we have to use the shot

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 10, 2014, 12:32:47 pm »

Yeah, what I said was dumb. Don't know why I assumed it was unlimited dayvig (not that it would be that crazy it's really not THAT different from a regular vig).

Dayvigs can't be roleblocked, because roleblocking is a Night action and blocks Night actions (unless the role is modified).

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 10, 2014, 12:34:16 pm »

Not fully caught up either, but I don't know if a vig shot is in our best interest today, but given that he claimed, it puts us in a bad spot.

He'll most likely be NKed because he's a vig. Which means his shot would be useless if we wait and he dies. That being said, I don't know if a vig shot today will be the best for us, but at the very best it will give us more information and possibly a scum kill.

I don't know. I think given that he claimed D1 we have to use the shot

Scum would probably rather kill the ICs and see if they can get us to lynch yuma, especially since he has said he's probably going to wait until a later day to shoot. I would rather discuss a lynch candidate (WW is still my preference) and let Yuma decides if he wants to do the "pseudo-lynch" thing Teproc suggested (in WoT he didn't reveal how many shots he had at first, he could be one-shot/X-shot/unlimited here and it's up to him to reveal that information or not).

PPE: 1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 10, 2014, 12:37:50 pm »

Dayvigs can't be roleblocked, because roleblocking is a Night action and blocks Night actions (unless the role is modified).

Yeah but they have to out themselves when they shoot. So I don't think it's an unrealistic role at all. Whatever the case may be, my reasoning was based on a faulty assumption, so I was wrong and yuma should do whatever he feels like doing with his PR.

I'm going to unvote for now. I really need to reread, and scum!joth would probably want me to keep pushing in order to out more info about yuma's role, and he did the reverse here.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2014, 01:38:52 pm »

I know I'm not very active this game, sorry about that. I think it's just that this weekend is crazy for me. I should be more involved in the next couple days.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 10, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

I know I'm not very active this game, sorry about that. I think it's just that this weekend is crazy for me. I should be more involved in the next couple days.

DO YOUR BUILD IN POWERGRID

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 10, 2014, 02:53:47 pm »

No reason for yuma to dayvig today. It would basically be a random shot, so it's better saved for when he has a strong scum read. 
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.