Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74  All

Author Topic: M43: Monsters University Mafia (SK (Delirious Deleuze) Wins!)  (Read 245809 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: MXLIII: Monsters University Mafia (Day 1 Underway!)
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2014, 09:02:27 pm »

We have 3 days, not a lot of time.

I propose shooting WW, Joth, or Robz whichever you prefer. We need to make this decision *today* as in this real day.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2014, 09:04:40 pm »

Actually:

Request Robz to replace

I know it sucks, but your job isn't allowing for it right now if you're going to be gone one or two full game days.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »

I don't really anticipate shooting today. I might shoot today, but I probably won't unless I have a good reason to do so. Reads are never good until after day1 is over. If mafia want to shoot me... I don't know if that is good for them or bad and... well that is up to them... at least they won't be shooting an IC.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »

Actually:

Request Robz to replace

I know it sucks, but your job isn't allowing for it right now if you're going to be gone one or two full game days.

anti-request Robz to replace

leave it to robz and the mod to decide if he can stay in the game or not

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2014, 10:59:12 pm »

Why would I do that as scum?

You need to have town reads.  You can't just look like you want to lynch everyone.
yeah... but why the leading wagon that *I* revived/started? That seems ass backwards to me.

That's part of the  reason why your post seemed artificial to me. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2014, 11:00:48 pm »

I propose shooting WW, Joth, or Robz whichever you prefer. We need to make this decision *today* as in this real day.

I thought Joth was non scum from your perspective?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »

yuma could of course be a scum dayvig. If so, he would be kind of forced to claim today, because of meta stuff. That would kind of suck for him.

I thought it was concluded that scum dayvig didn't make sense. It was basically taken off the table in WoT.

I think we shouldn't pressure Yuma into shooting.  His reads in WoT were good, and he ended up using his shots well.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2014, 11:13:52 pm »

WW, everyone reacts in their own way. I seriously don't think that's indicative of anything. There can be exceptions, of course, but I rarely see anything in reactions unless something really sticks out to me.

I don't see anything in reactions, unless I do.

By the way just because I'm curious, what are you trying gain by posting sarcastic comments like this?

Just making a joke, there's nothing really in it. That said, you got awfully defensive about it.

Axxle might be the closest thing I have to a town read so far, so I find it interesting that my strongest scumread is voting for him.

What makes Axxle a townread?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2014, 11:32:47 pm »

He's also mislynch bait, which is the best person for vigs to shoot in general.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2014, 11:33:34 pm »

yuma could of course be a scum dayvig. If so, he would be kind of forced to claim today, because of meta stuff. That would kind of suck for him.

I thought it was concluded that scum dayvig didn't make sense. It was basically taken off the table in WoT.

I think we shouldn't pressure Yuma into shooting.  His reads in WoT were good, and he ended up using his shots well.
I've seen it offsite, and with 2 ics? I think it's possible.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2014, 11:34:50 pm »

Because there will be more analysis to do on the flip?  But still, wouldn't you prefer someone that you think is scum?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2014, 11:53:59 pm »

Oh cool yumavig pt. 2! I'm not even going to suggest who to shoot, I trust yuma's reads enough. And I'm not going to consider a scum dayvig right now. Maybe D2 or D3 but not today.

ADK I responded that way because it didn't seem that your response served any purpose other than to mock me. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. And if you just wanted to mock me, what purpose does that serve? I just don't get it. Also just saying "that's pretty defensive" doesn't mean anything. Do you find it scummy that I responded that way? If so just say it instead of just leaving it at that.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2014, 12:03:47 am »

Well now that the RMM game is over, I might as well claim here as well once again since it worked pretty well there (up to the point of getting completely tricked by scum... but it did work to show that I was town and helped lead town, also this should help WIFOM mafia once again)...

I am a Dayvig!

not even kinda joking about this....

I am claiming based off my previous experience and because despite what ash said in the QC from the RMM game I believe this particular role is best served by having town input. It also forces town to decide if they want to kill me or not and need to worry about me shooting them. Last game I had two scum in my sights out of three players I put up for town, so my reads seem to be getting better.

I do not claim IC status equivalent of chairs or EFHW, but I do hope that my claim makes players see me as townier... although there were some doubters last game for a while.

And as I said it does WIFOM mafia. Do they target me out of fear of being killed with a shot they can't control instead of one of the ICs?

anyways I like our chances of hitting scum today as three of us should be out of the lynch pool (EFHW, chairs and me)
Don't shoot me, we're Lovers!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2014, 12:51:32 am »

Because there will be more analysis to do on the flip?  But still, wouldn't you prefer someone that you think is scum?
Vig targets and lynch targets are different.

vote: yuma

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 10, 2014, 05:54:58 am »

ADK I responded that way because it didn't seem that your response served any purpose other than to mock me. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. And if you just wanted to mock me, what purpose does that serve? I just don't get it. Also just saying "that's pretty defensive" doesn't mean anything. Do you find it scummy that I responded that way? If so just say it instead of just leaving it at that.

If what I said seemed mocking, then I apologize, I really was just making a joke. The defensive comment was also just that, a comment. I don't know your alignment and I'm trying to figure it out from the things that you say. Your response is probably not a particularly useful piece of information, because I think it could come from either town or scum, but it is information nonetheless and was something I felt like pointing out in that moment.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 10, 2014, 06:08:47 am »

There are two precedents for scum dayvig on f.ds (Major Arcana II and some RMM game), and that's not counting the scum Gladiator in the Arrested Development RMM. ash did say he would reference older games in this setup (or something to that effect), and Wheel of Time just finished so he probably had most of it done before WoT. Of course there have been plenty of town dayvigs on f.ds as well, but I wouldn't draw conclusions for now. Which we don't need to, we can simply take yuma out of the lynch pool for today and reconsider later.

yuma, you said you probably wouldn't shoot today, but don't you agree that it can be good to use your vig as a pseudo-lynch so that we can discuss the flip before the night ? That would require a soft deadline which, yeah, we know how effective those are, but still.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 10, 2014, 06:13:03 am »

On vacation until Thursday, posted in VLA too. I'll check in though, and will try to be around for the deadline.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 10, 2014, 08:40:41 am »

Based off my previous experience in the RMM game I strongly believe that saving my shot until a later day when mine and our collective reads are better is the way to go. If axxle wants to vote me for it when he could be voting for someone much more likely to be scum... well that just shows that he is either scum or is poorly playing the game.

I won't be pressured into voting. Like before I will be lynched before I shoot someone I don't want to or at a time I don't want to. I will take suggestions but I will not be forced or manipulated into anything.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 10, 2014, 08:42:22 am »

yuma, you said you probably wouldn't shoot today, but don't you agree that it can be good to use your vig as a pseudo-lynch so that we can discuss the flip before the night ? That would require a soft deadline which, yeah, we know how effective those are, but still.

I don't think that is the most effective way to use my power. At all. If you want to lynch someone... lynch them. I am using my power separate from the lynch. Because it is just that... separate. If we lynch someone they are going to die from votes, not from my shot.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 10, 2014, 08:48:32 am »

I think EFHW and chairs should decide whether or not we use yuma's shot today.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 10, 2014, 09:40:46 am »

Yuma seems pretty set against using it. I would like to hear from our ICs though, we are getting awfully close to deadline.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 10, 2014, 10:04:37 am »

Yuma seems pretty set against using it. I would like to hear from our ICs though, we are getting awfully close to deadline.

I think town Yuma is not going to use it today unless he has a very strong scum read.  Scum Yuma would likely not use it as well, because it would contradict his established practice from WoT.  Town Yuma (and therefore any Yuma) would also likely resist any pushes by us to shoot to prove his claim.  Not that we have reason to doubt he has a dayvig ability anyway. 

If we think Yuma is town, we're best off letting him decide.  I think he'll take input from Chairs and EFHW into account.  If Yuma is scum, I don't really know where that leaves us.  It's actually more dangerous as scum than it is helpful as town, I think.. Town Yuma has a chance of misreading and shooting wrongly.

Has EFHW posted in a while?  Chairs is quiet, too.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2014, 10:10:29 am »

I don't think yuma should dayvig on D1.  Maybe D2, but honestly the longer that yuma has to form reads (assuming he lives) the better off we are as far as a dayvig ability goes, assuming he's Town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2014, 10:59:10 am »

I don't think that is the most effective way to use my power. At all. If you want to lynch someone... lynch them. I am using my power separate from the lynch. Because it is just that... separate. If we lynch someone they are going to die from votes, not from my shot.

I don't understand this. I understand you don't want to use your shot today, which seems right to me. Given that you're not going to use it, why not use it as a pseudo lynch which gives us time to discuss after the flip ? I don't see the downside there, and there is a lot of upside : obviously if we hit scum we can lynch again, but even if we mislynch we get to talk about it before the night.

To be clear : I'm suggesting to use it if someone gets to L-1 with intent to hammer.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 74  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.