Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114081 times)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day One is the Loneliest Day That You'll Ever Know
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2020, 06:22:24 pm »

Same old D1 schmooze.. I don't think that we are going to claim today. I'm very intrigued by shraeye cop claim thing, so i kinda want to see how that plays out.

Vote: Faust

Catching up in the next few hours!
Empty promises.

You are incorrect good sir, guess we just have different definitions of a few..
jk yeah I totally lost track of time.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2020, 06:48:54 pm »

Vote: raptor
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:49 pm »

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2020, 07:10:19 pm »

1) VT fake claim from skum is fairly accepted standard for day 1 mass claims in a C9 set up. Nothing far fetched about that. Also, we have done this dance before. You are aware this is how I skum hunt, I try to think what I would do as skum. Thus the opening post where I was like "someone is gonna come in and say 'its skummy that you are thinking like skum'".

Also this isn't scumhunting. In fact it's kinda the opposite since you're opening up your argument after a potential massclaim to be turned down to WIFOM since you said that publically.

Why is your vote on LL?

2) I already admitted to responding to Cayvie's plan prior to understanding exactly what she meant. She elaborated on it, and I dialed it back.

Where is this?

My problem is my scumreads are bad D1 lynches so my vote feels kinda useless...
Who dat?

A bunch of people that I won't mention because there's no point. Why do you want to know?

openly stated I am omgus voting LL when I did it.
also, my methods of hunting, while you may not accept them, have purpose. stating the set up stuff publicly is needed in order to get it off the ground, because if it is not public, there is nothing to be gained. WIMFO will always exist regardless of the method, so that point is pretty null tbh.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2020, 07:16:34 pm »

I don't get it. Do you think he's scum? Do you think his vote is scummy? Do you think your vote is applying pressure and thus it's well placed? OMGUS is just a scum maneuver, town has no reason to vote for someone because they voted for them.

Vote: Swan

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2020, 07:22:58 pm »

Do things, people

Nothing to comment on

Which one of Swan/LL would you vote for?
as of right now, probably neither

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2020, 07:28:19 pm »

I don't get it. Do you think he's scum? Do you think his vote is scummy? Do you think your vote is applying pressure and thus it's well placed? OMGUS is just a scum maneuver, town has no reason to vote for someone because they voted for them.

I am ok with you not getting it.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2020, 07:31:43 pm »

I am ok with you not getting it.

Then you are deliberately choosing to not answer my previous question on why you voted LL. That's fine, whatever, don't help me, I'll just be voting you for the near future doing nothing pro-you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2020, 08:28:25 pm »

A bunch of people that I won't mention because there's no point. Why do you want to know?
Well, I guess it is because I feel like you are withholding information if you aren't actively sharing who you think is mafia. There are some counter argument to make here about in-game mechanics but they why bring it up in the first place. There isn't anything such thing as a bad D1 lynch. Well maybe individuals that have claimed, but even then they aren't off the table. What makes them bad lynches? Seems like you have already picked who you want to get lynched and who you don't. That isn't a townie mindset.

You are the one that brought up you had scumreads on people but didn't want to vote for them. I didn't bring it up. You did. I just would like to know now that you mention it. Maybe I share a scumread on one of them? Or someone else does? Who knows?!?!

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2020, 08:42:46 pm »

Well, I guess it is because I feel like you are withholding information if you aren't actively sharing who you think is mafia. There are some counter argument to make here about in-game mechanics but they why bring it up in the first place. There isn't anything such thing as a bad D1 lynch. Well maybe individuals that have claimed, but even then they aren't off the table. What makes them bad lynches? Seems like you have already picked who you want to get lynched and who you don't. That isn't a townie mindset.

You are the one that brought up you had scumreads on people but didn't want to vote for them. I didn't bring it up. You did. I just would like to know now that you mention it. Maybe I share a scumread on one of them? Or someone else does? Who knows?!?!

Well uh I like that you're town this game. It sounds much more fun than you!scum.

I really want to lynch shraeye, his claim removes him from the lynch pool today and because shraeye is shraeye he can follow up with anything, so his claim does nothing. However, I don't want to do so today, so he's off the table for me.

Second scumread is Didds, her vote on Joseph with me is just OMGUS with a small buddy, otherwise she hasn't done anything that tells me she's super-duper-town. Unfortunately, I have a habit of scumreading Didds regardless of alignment, and I believe she's much easier to solve given more days, so she's also off the table.

As you can see here, I like to scumread Swan. I used to be able to read him very well, but a bunch of games as scum can remove this habit out of me, so I think I can't do this as well. I also wouldn't like to see a D1 Swan lynch, but I believe that's the best right now.

Dylan came back and like cayvie I don't want to lynch them, however they're probably the one that has the highest probability of being scum that I actually scumread. Not that he's scummier than everyone else, just that it should be my most accurate scumread (as the others have some bias).

I wanted to see what the heck is going on with LaLight, I saw there's a wagon on them but I like their singular action this game: their vote on Swan. I chose to side with them on that, but I have no idea if that's the right move. I would vote for them if I wasn't pursuing Swan first.

Then there's varying levels of "too towny to be lynched D1" in the remaining players, and hopefully with this you understand why I don't know where to place my vote.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2020, 09:05:51 pm »

unvote

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2020, 11:49:22 pm »

Well uh I like that you're town this game. It sounds much more fun than you!scum.

I really want to lynch shraeye, his claim removes him from the lynch pool today and because shraeye is shraeye he can follow up with anything, so his claim does nothing. However, I don't want to do so today, so he's off the table for me.

Second scumread is Didds, her vote on Joseph with me is just OMGUS with a small buddy, otherwise she hasn't done anything that tells me she's super-duper-town. Unfortunately, I have a habit of scumreading Didds regardless of alignment, and I believe she's much easier to solve given more days, so she's also off the table.

As you can see here, I like to scumread Swan. I used to be able to read him very well, but a bunch of games as scum can remove this habit out of me, so I think I can't do this as well. I also wouldn't like to see a D1 Swan lynch, but I believe that's the best right now.

Dylan came back and like cayvie I don't want to lynch them, however they're probably the one that has the highest probability of being scum that I actually scumread. Not that he's scummier than everyone else, just that it should be my most accurate scumread (as the others have some bias).

I wanted to see what the heck is going on with LaLight, I saw there's a wagon on them but I like their singular action this game: their vote on Swan. I chose to side with them on that, but I have no idea if that's the right move. I would vote for them if I wasn't pursuing Swan first.

Then there's varying levels of "too towny to be lynched D1" in the remaining players, and hopefully with this you understand why I don't know where to place my vote.

Ok, MiX had been one of the people I was kind of scumreading earlier, but this post seems townier to me than the rest did scummy, so townread there.

I had been waiting for yuma to show up and actually have some good content based on reputation, and I love their end of this interaction too.

To the withholding info comment, there's definitely good pro-town reasons to withhold info, reads, and motivations sometimes. But choosing to say "I have reads but saying them won't do anything" like MiX does come across as scummy compared to just not saying anything about them or saying there's a good reason not to share that you will talk about later, so that seems like a town reaction from yuma to MiX there.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2020, 11:51:30 pm »

Ok, MiX had been one of the people I was kind of scumreading earlier, but this post seems townier to me than the rest did scummy, so townread there.

I had been waiting for yuma to show up and actually have some good content based on reputation, and I love their end of this interaction too.

To the withholding info comment, there's definitely good pro-town reasons to withhold info, reads, and motivations sometimes. But choosing to say "I have reads but saying them won't do anything" like MiX does come across as scummy compared to just not saying anything about them or saying there's a good reason not to share that you will talk about later, so that seems like a town reaction from yuma to MiX there.

To be clear, my comment about MiX's post coming across as scummy at the bottom of the post was how I interpreted it prior to his longer explanation post, but when he gave in and answered yuma, it made sense why he would feel that way. The two halves of my post probably should have been flipped around.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 01:51:48 am »

Can you elaborate?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2020, 03:45:27 am »

man i have lost all my reads. i think i am just overstimulated in general, maybe i just need a good night's sleep. suddenly Swan is pinging as scum, and so is LaLight and i'm pretty sure that's not where my brain was before but *shrug*
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2020, 05:18:37 am »

i, for once, townread MiX. he is much more collected and less opportunistic as scum, now we see a classic town!MiX. others, i have no idea, Swan still feels like scum.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2020, 05:27:04 am »

i, for once, townread MiX. he is much more collected and less opportunistic as scum, now we see a classic town!MiX. others, i have no idea, Swan still feels like scum.
No, you have it the wrong way around, Swan is town and MiX is scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2020, 05:37:35 am »

I think you have it the other way around
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2020, 05:42:17 am »

Well, it's less than 2 day to the deadline, and nothing much has happened here.

scolapasta, have you figured out who to vote for yet?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2020, 06:01:37 am »

I think you have it the other way around

Your both wrong.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2020, 06:03:56 am »

This is town mix. Tunneling little things and being jumpy until something latches. It looks skummy but it is not for them.

I don’t have much of a case for LL other than Idk why i am skummy and that they have played with mix so this shouldn’t be fresh news.
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2020, 06:04:59 am »

This is town mix. Tunneling little things and being jumpy until something latches. It looks skummy but it is not for them.
What is scummy for MiX?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2020, 06:07:27 am »

What is scummy for MiX?

This is gonna seem like a joke but it’s not - when he does t vote for me.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2020, 06:08:01 am »

*doesn't vote for me*
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.