Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Revised versions of published cards  (Read 29334 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +4799
    • View Profile
Re: Revised versions of published cards
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2018, 12:56:57 pm »

If I had a Silver for every time people badmouth treasures, I'd be a rich man.

Does Copper count to that?

And I think when people think "Treasure" they think about how it clogs your engines (i.e. Silver), even though there are Treasures that work great in engines (i.e. Fortune and Crown).

When I say "badmouth", I mean "make it seem worse than it is". It's hard to badmouth Copper, unless you claim things like "Copper is worse than Curse".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (。 ω 。`)
  • Respect: +11072
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2018, 01:43:46 pm »
+5

If I had a Silver for every time people badmouth treasures

You wouldn't be able to draw your deck.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The Twitch channel where I stream DominionThe YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's albums for free

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +4799
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2018, 01:49:27 pm »
+3

If I had a Silver for every time people badmouth treasures

You wouldn't be able to draw your deck.

The goal of the game is to have the most points, not drawing your deck. Sometimes the best way to do the former is the latter. Sometimes it just isn't.

This discussion derails this thread and it's my fault, so reply to this if you feel like it, but I'd rather have a "Let's discuss: Silver" thread.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2186
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2018, 06:43:23 pm »
+1

Before Miserable was revealed, I wouldn't have been surprised by a Doom card that sets aside two Hexes at setup, letting players choose which one hits them Torturer style.

I guess I could work that into an Event or a card with Miserable banned or something.

I think it could work even with Miserable included. -4 points is fairly relevant, and card-shaped things need not always be awesome.  :)
I would be more concerned about having two indefinitely stackable attacks out (War, Locusts, Greed), or Deluded plus an indefinitely stackable attack.

Really, with the amount of concessions you'd have to make to make set-aside Hexes, work, the whole set of Hexes would need to be reworked, or just create an entirely different attack for Tormentor. Raider already exists in Nocturne, so there is no law about not having non-hex attacks. As is, the Hexes seem balanced around being in a cycle of 12.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.