Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Multiplayer games and Knight trashing decisions  (Read 1229 times)

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
Multiplayer games and Knight trashing decisions
« on: December 10, 2013, 02:56:32 pm »
+2

In an multiplayer IRL game a couple days ago, we were playing with Knights.  One of the other players played a Knight; one of the players to my right revealed a Knight and a Silver, while I revealed a Knight and an Estate.

That player to my right chose to trash his Silver, mainly because he knew that I would have to trash my Knight when it was my turn to trash, thus the played Knight would be trashed and he wouldn't have to trash his own Knight to make that happen.

My question is just whether this is correct.  I'm pretty sure it is, because although when a Knight is played everyone trashes in order, everyone reveals the top two cards of their deck simultaneously and revealed cards are public information.  Right?  But the Dark Ages rules don't specifically say this.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer games and Knight trashing decisions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:09:53 pm »
+8

You did it wrong. If the order of things matters (as it does in this case), players should individually reveal their cards.

edit: From the rulebook for Spy: "If players care about the order in which things happen for this, you do yourself first, then each other player in turn order."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 03:10:56 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: Multiplayer games and Knight trashing decisions
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 03:10:09 pm »
+6

I think you're supposed to do each one individually.  I don't think it's this:

(Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck), and (trashes one of them costing from $3 to $6), and (discards the rest). If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.

I think it's:

(Each other player reveals the top 2 cards of his deck, trashes one of them costing from $3 to $6, and discards the rest). If a Knight is trashed by this, trash this card.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 20 queries.