Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trojan Horse offers a Trojan horse  (Read 1740 times)

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Trojan Horse offers a Trojan horse
« on: December 07, 2013, 06:02:38 pm »
+2

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201312/07/game-20131207-144638-afdca7e9.html

A crazy back and forth game, featuring a Fission explosion. Scroll down to my turn 28, and I'll give you some details:

I led four achievements to two, but my opponent led 10 points to 0. He had Combustion and more crowns than me, so he was poised to gobble up any cards I scored. I had Robotics and AI on my board... and on turn 28, I drew Software. I had visions of winning with AI, but there was a problem: if I activated AI, I'd first have to score a 10, and our scores would be tied. I needed my opponent to increase his score. So I offered him a Trojan horse...

For my second action on turn 28, I activated AI, and scored a 10. My opponent took the bait; he grabbed my 10 with Combustion, and claimed the 4 achievement. I then melded Software and activated AI again (scoring the last 10 in the process), and I won.

I'm glad I could live up to my username.  ;D

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
Re: Trojan Horse offers a Trojan horse
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 07:49:43 pm »

Very nice!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.