Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: On Democracy [6]  (Read 4574 times)

Risa

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
On Democracy [6]
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:09:50 am »

How does Democracy work? Suppose Alice uses Democracy, Bob and Chalie both have enough bulbs to share it. Bob returns 1 card, Chalie returns 2 cards, and Alice herself returns 3 cards. Who can score an [8]?

I think only Alice can score an [8]. However, program on iso rules that all three people score. Which one is correct?

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
Re: On Democracy [6]
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:34:39 am »
+1

Iso is right, every one scores.

When Alice activate Democracy:

Bob share the dogma:
          Return any number of cards: return 1. Does he return more card than any other player due to Democracy? (A:0, B:1 C:0) Yes. score an [8].

Chalie share the dogma:
          Return any number of cards: return 2. Does he return more card than any other player due to Democracy ? (A:0, B:1, C:2) Yes. score an [8].

Alice:
     Return any number of cards: return 3. Does she return more card than any other player due to Democracy? (A:3, B:1, C:2) Yes. score an [8].

Risa

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 08:13:00 pm »

That's counter-intuitive, don't you think? I, as well as my gaming group IRL, reason that we "vote" by returning cards, thus only one who gets highest votes (ie. returning most cards) is winner and scores. We will probably keep it as a house rule.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4434
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:55:31 pm »

That's counter-intuitive, don't you think?

It may be counterintuitive as an idea for what the card would do, if you were designing it. But I don't think it's counterintuitive as an explanation of what that card does do, based on reading what's printed on it.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:04:14 am »
+1

A single election does not a democracy make! First Bob gets his candidate elected (and scores an 8). Bob has shown that his candidate has about one card of support most of the time. Then, next election (because each player resolves the action individually and entirely), Charlie puts forth his candidate. If Charlie only puts in one or no cards, his candidate isn't popular enough to oust the incumbent, but he returns two, letting his challenger win the election (and an 8).

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:00:14 am »
+4

But if you don't have enough lightbulbs, you can't vote because it's too dark
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.