Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hypothetical strongest mafia/town teams?  (Read 1925 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Hypothetical strongest mafia/town teams?
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:50:11 am »

So, which combination of players here would in your opinion make the strongest town / mafia teams? Assume a standard 9 player setup (or a 13 player one if you want to include more people). Retired players are fine.

I'll hold off to making my own dream team until tomorrow because I'm too exhausted to think, but thought I'd post this before I forget about the idea

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: Hypothetical strongest mafia/town teams?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:46:07 am »

...Fantasy Forum Mafia League???
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:54:18 am »

I think PPS and yuma need to be in the discussion on the mafia side; as for town, Galzria, maybe theorel and nkirbit. I'm totally forgetting a lot of people. Really, lots of players have had some star performances.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:04:37 pm »

I'm not convinced this is a great idea, honestly.  I think the biggest thing that would happen would be hurting the feelings of those who don't get listed by others.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

Town!yuma and town!Voltaire have to be the best town players, though together at the same time i"m not sure it works so well, if GOT has anything to say about it...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:55 pm »

I'm not convinced this is a great idea, honestly.  I think the biggest thing that would happen would be hurting the feelings of those who don't get listed by others.

I dunno. We have forum game awards, and this is nothing so formal. There's no way to really land on the "right" answer either so we're all just spitballing. I think most people with more than a couple of games have had shining moments either as scum or town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:41:07 pm »

Town!yuma and town!Voltaire have to be the best town players, though together at the same time i"m not sure it works so well, if GOT has anything to say about it...

Robz has the right of it - theoretical "dream teams" might not be the best players straight-up, but the best players who play well together.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 01:43:25 pm »

Robz has the right of it - theoretical "dream teams" might not be the best players straight-up, but the best players who play well together.

"Dream Team" mafia, where nine invitation-only players are placed on teams non-randomly based on their perceived chemistry....was there a bad mafia game ideas thread somewhere? :P

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

"Dream Team" mafia, where nine invitation-only players are placed on teams non-randomly based on their perceived chemistry....was there a bad mafia game ideas thread somewhere? :P

Vote: Mail-mi

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 03:17:19 pm »

I don't know if I could call a full team, but can I toot a little horn for myself and say that I should be the Vig in the setup?  ;D

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »

I should NOT be the Jailkeeper.

I have been the Jailkeeper a billion times. Never have I ever used the power to any effect whatsoever.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 03:24:04 pm »

Vote: Mail-mi

;D
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:36:10 pm »

Pretty sure ash/yuma/eevee was already the dream team.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:15 pm »

+1

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »

I think PPS and yuma need to be in the discussion on the mafia side; as for town, Galzria, maybe theorel and nkirbit. I'm totally forgetting a lot of people. Really, lots of players have had some star performances.

Agreed... take a look at the MVP list... which I really need to update. There is a huge variety of players there!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »

Yuma I've still never been scum with you! :'( :'(

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 04:13:59 am »

+1
I prepared myself for being scum in two games at once by rereading that quicktopic. Great stuff!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 12:47:34 pm »

I dunno, I think different teams work well in different games. I mean judging from the people I have played with as scum(I think thats the best way to get a feel for how someone is as scum. Robz, Galz, eevee, and shraeye are all amazing scum players. I think 3 player scum teams are also a huuuuuuuuge difference than 2 player scum teams. I have lost 2 games as scum, and they were 2 of the 3 2-person scum team games I have played. I have never lost a 3 person scum team game. Largely because of the people I mentioned above. I have never been scum with yuma, or ashersky who I am sure are fantastic. Ha just checked the leaderboard and myself, shraeye, and galz is the best %.

All that aside, I think the mafia team needs to look at the current town they are against. Their are people who are very dangerous to other people. I think a me, robz, ash team would be great unless galz or twisted archer were alive too long. I think an eevee, yuma, ash team would be great unless voltaire or liopoil were on the town too long.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 19 queries.