Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Oracle/BM  (Read 1926 times)

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Oracle/BM
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:23:32 pm »

I just tried this in a solitary game because I thought it might be quite decent being a weaker but selective Smithy, and it worked out surprisingly well.

I opened Silver/Oracle and bought a second Oracle soon. I had some shuffle luck but 5 Provinces by turn 13 is not bad at all.
http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201111/14/game-20111114-101847-1eae0302.html

And well, the attack effect is not considered at all in a solitary game...

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: Oracle/BM
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »

I mentioned this here. I simulated it without any serious optimization, and it loses slightly to smithy+BM, and maybe the smithy player should react by buying a second smithy to reduce the chance of going smithy-less for a shuffle. But even though it doesn't win heads-up, it could be equally effective against other strategies, particularly if they are reallly dependent on a single card that could really screw them up if skipped with oracle.

mathguy

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:26:02 pm »

But even though it doesn't win heads-up, it could be equally effective against other strategies, particularly if they are reallly dependent on a single card that could really screw them up if skipped with oracle.

Think about all the gripping people do about swindler/sea hag hitting their 1/2 turn buy, and now oracle gives you a chance to hit both of their cards. Yes please!

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 06:44:44 pm »

But even though it doesn't win heads-up, it could be equally effective against other strategies, particularly if they are reallly dependent on a single card that could really screw them up if skipped with oracle.
I was just thinking about this, and actually oracle-BM might beat smithy-BM or envoy-BM from first position, since you have a better chance of knocking out their key card.

EDIT: just simmed it, and while it has a first-player advantage, it's not as big as envoy-BM vs envoy-BM
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:48:02 pm by HiveMindEmulator »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.