Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Forum mafia-inspired mafia  (Read 22311 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Forum mafia-inspired mafia
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 10:48:59 pm »

Day 2 voting starts in 15 minutes! Town's in lylo already,  this maaaay end up being a practice game. :p
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

manda2014

• Baron
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 12:00:53 am »

Well, the town wised up and lynched the VERY SCUMMY mafia roleblocker (although roleblocker was irrelevant after they lynched dsell). Tomorrow night will be the end.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 12:03:08 am »

We're doing this at school.

How many people do you have playing? Have you found anything in particular that works in the forum but doesn't work irl?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 12:07:43 am »

How many people do you have playing? Have you found anything in particular that works in the forum but doesn't work irl?
I haven't even started yet. Day 1 of UCAS Mafia 1 starts tomorrow.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 12:22:36 am »

Lucky! I'd kill for this to happen at my school. And kill for it more if I were Mafia!

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 12:33:06 am »

Our current game will definitely end tomorrow night, and I'm gonna push for a second game to start up immediately. Hopefully the 7 people involved will be up for that. If not, we'll probably have to wait until January to play another game, but I think we can get at least 12 to play at that point. I'm really enjoying it (and loving how modding a game feels a bit like playing god), so I really hope we can make it into a big-ish thing next semester.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 12:34:15 am »
+1

Our current game will definitely end tomorrow night, and I'm gonna push for a second game to start up immediately. Hopefully the 7 people involved will be up for that. If not, we'll probably have to wait until January to play another game, but I think we can get at least 12 to play at that point. I'm really enjoying it (and loving how modding a game feels a bit like playing god), so I really hope we can make it into a big-ish thing next semester.

Also she is pretty good at writing flavor! It's been a fun game to observe....*grumble grumble*

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 12:36:41 am »

Also she is pretty good at writing flavor! It's been a fun game to observe....*grumble grumble*

Maybe you can convince them not to kill you next time XD

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2013, 12:37:38 am »

Also we were VERY CLOSE to no-lynch on day 1. Someone threw the hammer in the last 15 seconds to avoid no-lynch and has been beating himself up for it all day.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2013, 12:37:52 am »
+1

I thought I had an ace in the hole, I was even trying to play a little scummy on day 1. A good forum mafia tactic, but alas.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 12:41:12 am »

I thought I had an ace in the hole, I was even trying to play a little scummy on day 1. A good forum mafia tactic, but alas.

I'm still trying to figure out HOW they didn't change their minds about killing you after you claimed Doctor and NO ONE WAS COUNTER-CLAIMING. That should have been a clear sign that they needed to take a step back buuuuuuuut apparently not.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »

They lynched the JAILKEEPER before he could claim  :P
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 07:08:27 pm »

Should players be allowed to show each other texts and other private communications? I tend to think not, but it's a sort of weird situation that there's not a specific rule for in this game.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2013, 07:30:12 pm »

Should players be allowed to show each other texts and other private communications? I tend to think not, but it's a sort of weird situation that there's not a specific rule for in this game.
I said no.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 08:12:04 pm »

My inclination is to allow it, and then revisit whether that's something we want to be allowed for the next game.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

On the grounds that it's gossip between neighbors, and that it's feasible that someone could forge a text message from someone by texting themselves and changing the contact name, so it's not fully provable

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »

Time for the final night of voting! Town has to either lynch the last mafia or die. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll want to play a second game starting tomorrow night.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:03 pm »

Well, that was fast........... they took like <10 minutes and then lynched town..... *disappointed face*

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2013, 11:29:15 pm »
+2

BTW, are you Dsell's raerae?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:53 pm »
+1

Haha. No. We're just friends. We met freshman year and we've been hanging out ever since. Lots of people think that though....

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

Well, that was fast........... they took like <10 minutes and then lynched town..... *disappointed face*
Did they agree to play another game?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

Did they agree to play another game?

At least one person isn't willing to play another game this semester, so it may or may not happen. We'll see.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:28 pm »

Looks we tentatively can get another game started next week? A couple people are saying they really don't have time but will still play if we need people.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2013, 01:40:09 pm »

Also, inspired by that game and the forum mafia I've read, I'm doing a class project tonight that uses mafia games to teach cybernetics and systems theory concepts, so that's fun...

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

7 is the minimum that ever works in forum mafia.  You'll want 9 though, that's going to be best, 7 man mafia tends to suck.

I've played three person mafia.

Isn't that pretty much Win/Lose/Banana?

It's Town/Mafia/Jester, and nobody can refuse to vote, and you can't vote yourself.

I've done it and you don't need this setup. One person shuffles three cards facedown, one indicates someone is a mafia player, the other two are town cards. As long as you trust the shuffler to shuffle to a point they've lost track of the mafia card, no one knows who the mafia is except for whoever drew the mafia card. 1 lynch decides the game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.