Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Innovation etiquette  (Read 2955 times)

big layoutski

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Innovation etiquette
« on: November 04, 2013, 01:51:57 pm »

Is there some etiquette around chatting and endgame play that someone could lay out for me?

I was recently in a game (with an opponent not-to-be named) where they were a stronger player, but I had a lead in achievements. We had previously exchanged pleasantries (e.g. gl hf) and one funny exchange. On my second to last turn, I said "I think I have you here," or something to that effect. Then there was a big pause, so I asked if they were thinking. The immediate response was that I was being rude, and should calm down.

So... where did I go wrong? I've certainly played enough lower ranked games that I've seen people resign or raqequit rather than play out the last turn.

Thanks all,

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
Re: Innovation etiquette
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:11:38 pm »

You didn't do anything wrong.  Captain_Frisk has neatly summed up these situations:

Barring some slow play making decisions on deciding whether to discard to mountebank, or saying some things in the chat log that you didn't paste in, like "Can I gain your momma when I buy this Border Village?  She usually charges less than $6", I think you're in the clear.

big layoutski

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »
+6

Man, that reminds me that I haven't even seen any Innovation-related yo mamma jokes.

Your mama's like the metric system, cause she always splays for green.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 07:01:49 am »

I was recently in a game (with an opponent not-to-be named) where they were a stronger player, but I had a lead in achievements. We had previously exchanged pleasantries (e.g. gl hf) and one funny exchange. On my second to last turn, I said "I think I have you here," or something to that effect. Then there was a big pause, so I asked if they were thinking. The immediate response was that I was being rude, and should calm down.

So... where did I go wrong? I've certainly played enough lower ranked games that I've seen people resign or raqequit rather than play out the last turn.
A premature "gg" is regarded as rude but when accompanied by a tentative "I think" you should be ok.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.