Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wherein I gain 9 Scouts  (Read 794 times)

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
Wherein I gain 9 Scouts
« on: November 03, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »
+3

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20131103/log.5066a4d70cf20e086dc89e71.1383510977699.txt

Code: [Select]
Vineyard, Apothecary, University, Wishing Well, Scout, Taxman, Bandit Camp, Contraband, Hunting Party, Trading Post
Dream Vineyards kingdom. The only thing restraining the insanity here is lack of +Buy. Contraband has it, but it'd be annoying to have University blocked early or Vineyards blocked late. I'm pretty sure the ideal order of University gaining here (after getting a Trading Post) is Hunting Party -> Wishing Well -> Scout.

My opponent recognizes Potion as important but doesn't seem to structure around Vineyards early enough, so it's a pretty easy win. For example, he opens Silver/Potion, when WW/Potion seems to me much better for this deck. Also, grabbing an Apothecary before the first University seems like a no-brainer for the cycling.

Once it's clear that I'm pretty far ahead, I get a bit lazy with my play. Main room for improvement would be setting up my next hand at the end of each turn, which would be doable (but tricky) by triggering a reshuffle when I know there are good cards in the discard, then not drawing all of them. That requires paying careful attention to what's in the discard pile.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.