Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41  All

Author Topic: BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia! (Cult and Jester win!)  (Read 86544 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia! (Cult and Jester win!)
« on: October 31, 2013, 06:23:45 pm »

Welcome to BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia!

Mods: ashersky, Archetype

This game is for 13+ players, and can be expanded if there is additional interest.  This game will not start until BM12 ends, or is in its final death throes.

Players:
1.  Dsell
2.  sudgy - Eevee, the Serial Killer-aligned Scattershot Poison Doctor - Poisoned on Night 3
3.  Voltaire - Archetype
4.  Voltgloss
5.  mail-mi - raerae, the Werewolves' Beloved Princess - Lynched Day 4
6.  Eevee
7.  Jimmmmm
8.  xeiron - Voltgloss, the Mafia Janitor - Destroyed by magic on Night 1
9.  2.7.... - liopoil
10.  Chairs - Morgrim7, the Mafia Suicidal Goon - Lynched Day 1
11.  EFHW - yuma, the Mafia Vampire - Lynched Day 5, but resurrected!  Then lynched Day 6.
12.  WalrusMcFishSr - Voltaire, the Werewolf Compulsive D2 Suicide Bomber - Self-detonated Day 2
13.  Robz888 - shraeye, the Mafia Compulsive D2 Suicide Bomber - Self-detonated Day 2
14.  Twistedarcher - Galzria, the Vanilla Townie - Bombed by WalrusMcFishSr D2
15.  liopoil - Twistedarcher, the Suicidal Werewolf Goon - Suicided D2
16.  Morgrim7 - mail-mi, the Werewolf Vampire - Bombed by Robz888 D2, but resurrected!  Then lynched D3.
17.  mcmcsalot
18.  faust - Jimmmmm, the Jester - Lynched D2 and Wins!
19.  [yuma] - Dsell, the Town Deprogrammer - Poisoned N2

Spectators Tagged:  Galzria, shraeye

Day starts/ends:

ashersky's Mafia Ruleset

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective should be to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t ever get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by any means deemed appropriate by the mods.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. Direct or verbatim quoting of information provided by the mod in PMs or QTs is strictly forbidden.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to all mods by the posted "Night Action Submission Deadline" (generally 24 hours from day's end; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If your action is not received by the posted deadline, you will forfeit your action(s).  In the case of multiple submissions, the most recently received valid command before the deadline will be used.  Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage), unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase, unless your Action is compulsory.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bolded or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight.  This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post.  The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
9. This game will have simple, variable deadlines.  All days will last one week, but will never start or end on a Friday or Saturday.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, maroon (or blue) text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity or upon request after 24 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, as determined by the mods.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

Helpful Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

GAME SET-UP, ROLES, AND NEWBIE SPECIFIC INFORMATION LISTED IN NEXT POST

Game Setup information:

You'll just have to wait and find out in Post 2!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:26:52 pm by ashersky »
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: BM14: f.ds Meta Mafia! (sign-ups open)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 06:23:56 pm »

Game-specific information:

This is a bastard game; make no mistake or assumption otherwise.  That means that no balance is promised, nor was it particularly strived for.  What follows is a list of bastard elements that you should expect in this game.

1) As mentioned, no promise of balance.
2) Any and all roles and role modifiers listed on mafiascum.net, and variations thereof, are fair game. This includes, but is not limited to, "false" roles, "alignment-changing" roles, and "third party" roles.
3) There will be individual posting restrictions that are not announced to the town.

Other than those three things, no other event, post, mechanic, role, or rule will be bastard.  Outside of those three issues, you may treat this game as a Role Madness setup.

Setup Elements:

1) There will be no mod lying whatsoever*. (See #2 role on role inclusion.)
2) Anything written by a mod in mod color and format is absolutely true.
3) All players have two active votes. They may not be on the same player.
4) All players will be assigned an f.ds meta. As an example, Archetype may be assigned the meta of EFHW. If the town wants to lynch Archetype during the day, votes must be for "EFHW" and not "Archetype." If scum wants to kill Archetype at night, the target given to the mods in the kill order must be "EFHW" and not "Archetype."
5) For any and all other "targeting," actual player names should be used.
6) Players may not claim their meta. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
7) Players may not claim their role. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.
8) Players may not quote, paraphrase, or mention anything from any PM received from the mods at any time during the game, including in QTs. Doing so will result in an immediate modkill. No exceptions.

9) The only exception to #8 is alignment. Players may claim their alignment at any time.
10) Each day, the town may collectively decide to inspect the corpse of a dead player. The player being inspected must have been dead for at least "24 hours," which means 2 game phases, including the phase in which it died (day/night). This inspection will reveal the alignment of the corpse.

11) Metas, alignments, and roles will all be rolled and assigned at random, except for the ones that aren't.

Sample PM:

Welcome to BM14, Archetype.  Your Role PM is broken down into two parts, your meta and your role.

You are EFHW.  Definitely not a newbie, you are moving up in the ranks of f.ds mafia players.  Your meta is starting to develop, but isn't quite solidified in the pantheon of the immediately recognizable.  You've had some amazing roles, including the very overpowered Permission-Requiring Serial Killer, and handled it with class.  Your meta comes with a posting restriction.  When anyone refers to you with a masculine pronoun, you must correct them.  You must also feign ire with anyone who assumes you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

You are a Ninja Mafia Goon.  If you perform the factional kill, no one can see you do it.  This is a bastard role because there are no Trackers in the game, and you know how people feel about that.

A note on voting and vote counts:

Each player in this game has two active votes at all times.  These votes are cast in chronological order, and new votes replace the oldest current vote.  To illustrate:

vote: archetype
vote: Galzria
vote: yuma
vote: shraeye

My two votes are currently cast on yuma and shraeye, and the archetype and Galzria votes are gone.  This happens whether the votes are in separate posts or in the same post.

Unvote as a command works slightly differently.  If a player types unvote with no target, both votes are erased.  If an unvote is targeted, only that vote is removed.

Vote Counts, when posted, are final.  All vote counts will be prepared with the intent of recording all votes correctly, but mods make mistakes.  With two votes per person to count and unvote, more mistakes could happen.  So, once a Vote Count has been published, the number of voters listed after a player's name is the official, irrevocable number of votes for that player.  If there are extra votes counted, they count until the next vote count removes them or an unvote occurs.  If the number in the parentheses is wrong, it should be disregarded.  Here is an example:

Vote Count 0.0:

archetype (6): Eevee, Robz888, Voltgloss, mail-mi, chairs, Twistedarcher, Galzria
Galzria (3): Robz888, Voltaire, sudgy
mail-mi (5):Eevee, Dsell, Archetype, Eevee, EFHW

Not Voting (15): Eevee, Robz888, Voltgloss, mail-mi, chairs, Twistedarcher, Galzria, Voltaire, sudgy, EFHW, WalrusMcFishSr, ahoppy, Archetype, Dsell, Jorbles

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

In the above vote count, there are 7 votes on archetype, even though it says (6).  Seven is the official count.
Eevee has three votes active, including two on mail-mi.  All three votes are official.  The mods may correct this in the next vote count, at which point only what is counted in the next vote count is official.  Alternatively, Eevee may unvote.

As mentioned, care will be taken to be accurate.  Mistakes in a vote count are not meant to be part of the game, even as a BM feature.  They may happen, though, and I wanted to address it before the game started.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:02:56 pm by ashersky »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 06:27:16 pm »

Bam. In.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:28:08 pm »

/in
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:48:27 pm »

/in

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:56 pm »

/in

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

/tag

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:17:15 pm »

Been look/ing forward to this.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »

You guys are going to looooove this!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

hey-o!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 10:50:30 pm »

#11 added to Post 2.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »

I even included a Sample PM, for openness's sake.

yuma could almost count this game in his stats.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 11:22:49 pm »

That sample PM gets my <i>utmost</i> approval.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 11:33:28 pm »

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy

Also, vote: EFHW

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 11:47:29 pm »

Ew misleading ninjas.

What's next? Strongman with no Doctor?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 12:12:59 am »

I would like to point out, for those who have not read closely, that it does NOT state that all meta's will be self inclusive. That is, there may be meta's in the game that belong to players who are not.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 12:14:28 am »

That sample PM gets my <i>utmost</i> approval.
Lol if Voltgloss meta is to post a lot and only use the QT tags.

Question: Can you get your own meta?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 12:17:07 am »

And, having read that, /in. With my usual requirement that it start on or after November 8.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 12:18:00 am »

Question: Can you get your own meta?

Question: Would I really answer that?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 12:19:18 am »

FYI for all, if you post in the thread without clearly in-ing, you will be added to the tag list.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2013, 12:47:47 am »

FYI for all, if you post in the thread without clearly in-ing, you will be added to the tag list.

You can de-tag me. I don't really have time to follow games I'm not in.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 12:55:58 am »

Omg galz why would you not /in this game

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 01:09:30 am »

I don't really have time to follow games I'm not in.

time to follow games I'm not in.

in

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2013, 01:15:52 am »

I don't really have time to follow games I'm not in.

time to follow games I'm not in.

in

Modifying quotes? I see you rolled Galzria's meta.

/lowblow

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 01:26:40 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.