Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 167759 times)

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day4)
« Reply #1650 on: January 07, 2014, 07:14:02 pm »

I'm here. Sorry, today has been pretty hectic. I'll post a review of volt and mcmc soon, as requested.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »

just over 24 hours remaining.

Voltaire and mcmc, you have talked a lot about each other being scum, but who do you think the second scum is?  Manda or Teproc?

In fact, could everyone state who they think the scum team is?

I think it is mcmc and voltaire

I don't know between the two, I would lean teproc because robz believed so and I know he was right about voltaire
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 07, 2014, 08:45:19 pm »

Okay my read on mcmc hasn't really changed since I last posted, and for all the reasons I stated previously (jumping in very quickly with his votes, etc).

As far as Voltaire is concerned I am becoming more convinced that he is town. I'm certainly not positive, but operating under the assumption (as I am) that mcmc is scum, the quickhammer situation makes sense. The problem, though, is that I haven't reaaaally seen any reason to say Teproc is scum, so I'm really torn between the two of them.

I will vote for mcmc, but I don't want to put him at an L-1 situation unless everyone feels comfortable with it being lynch time.

Also I'll be around the rest of tonight and most of tomorrow.

PPE: mcmc basing so much of his decision-making on "knowing Robz was right" makes me even more comfortable in my suspicion.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 07, 2014, 09:26:10 pm »

Okay my read on mcmc hasn't really changed since I last posted, and for all the reasons I stated previously (jumping in very quickly with his votes, etc).

As far as Voltaire is concerned I am becoming more convinced that he is town. I'm certainly not positive, but operating under the assumption (as I am) that mcmc is scum, the quickhammer situation makes sense. The problem, though, is that I haven't reaaaally seen any reason to say Teproc is scum, so I'm really torn between the two of them.

I will vote for mcmc, but I don't want to put him at an L-1 situation unless everyone feels comfortable with it being lynch time.

Also I'll be around the rest of tonight and most of tomorrow.

PPE: mcmc basing so much of his decision-making on "knowing Robz was right" makes me even more comfortable in my suspicion.

I have been following lightly, its what I do, I have given my reads which are basic, but the whole case on me is pretty nonexistant in my opinion. I mean I just don't see mch that points to scumminess, more that points toward unhelpful town getting mislynched by scum.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 07, 2014, 09:44:40 pm »

Note that mcmc has two votes on him now as well...I think I've lost some faith in that argument though, considering that it could leave scum open to a potential roleblock if they didn't do it subtly enough, and also now that they're aware of it they can try to use it to manipulate the discussion.

At this point I think I prefer the manda lynch. Her post now was just as non-committal as she has been all game, "sure, I'll lynch mcmc, whatever...". Also, the PPE...did it really take you 40+ minutes to write that out manda? Maybe that's a minor point, but it jumped out at me. I think a manda/mcmc scumteam is a real possibility.

mcmc is still my second choice I guess, but I'm getting spooked that maybe the mcmc lynch is feeling too easy. Have we really heard anyone object strongly to it? It seems like "sure, I'll lynch mcmc, whatever..." is the prevailing attitude at this point. I don't know if that's how scum would react in this situation, maybe they're confident enough to bus by this point...I don't know. I'm just feeling as if the mcmc lynch has too little resistance to be real scum. Grrr, I'm triple-guessing myself here...

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:57 am »

Note that mcmc has two votes on him now as well...I think I've lost some faith in that argument though, considering that it could leave scum open to a potential roleblock if they didn't do it subtly enough, and also now that they're aware of it they can try to use it to manipulate the discussion.

And this is why I didn't point it out immediately. I mean, those arguments are tempting (and I think in this case RIGHT!) but anything can be manipulated.

We have, like, less than 24 hours to deadline. If we no-lynch it's not the worst..but I'm not convinced by any argument about a lynch being "too easy". Scum has to casually bus at worst, I think, in this situation. Whether or not they're sitting on a Strongman right now will affect this too. We just have to lynch who we think is scum, I truly think that's mcmc, I'm willing to bet the game on it...let's do this.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 08, 2014, 01:08:31 am »

At this point I think I prefer the manda lynch. Her post now was just as non-committal as she has been all game, "sure, I'll lynch mcmc, whatever...". Also, the PPE...did it really take you 40+ minutes to write that out manda? Maybe that's a minor point, but it jumped out at me. I think a manda/mcmc scumteam is a real possibility.

mcmc is still my second choice I guess, but I'm getting spooked that maybe the mcmc lynch is feeling too easy. Have we really heard anyone object strongly to it? It seems like "sure, I'll lynch mcmc, whatever..." is the prevailing attitude at this point. I don't know if that's how scum would react in this situation, maybe they're confident enough to bus by this point...I don't know. I'm just feeling as if the mcmc lynch has too little resistance to be real scum. Grrr, I'm triple-guessing myself here...

No, of course it didn't take that long to write. I was just doing a lot of things at the same time.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 08, 2014, 05:32:43 am »

The fact that mcmc didn't get quickhammered doesn't mean anything new, does it ? It's still a case of him or one of his voters being scum, which is the same thing as with Voltaire. And you have to factor in that we've been talking about it, so if scum wasn't aware of the implications when Voltaire didn't get quickhammered, they certainly are now.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 08, 2014, 07:34:25 am »

One thing that needs to be discussed before we lynch anyone is night actions.

I am assuming that we correctly lynch scum.  That leaves one scum remaining.  Should Walrus tell us who he targets before the lynch?  I will bodyguard Walrus, but in case we lynch the goon and not the JOAT, I think we need to take precautions against the possibility that Walrus does not survive the night.

I have been trying to think of ways that scum could manipulate this information if Walrus does give it to us, and I don't think they can.
1) We lynch scum (JOAT, rolecop, bulletproof, or goon)
2) Walrus has 3 people to choose between to roleblock
3) If a kill still goes through we know to choose between two remaining players, and if it doesn't we lynch our last scum.

Could everyone put down their thoughts on this matter today before the lynch?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 08, 2014, 08:09:20 am »

Further, I don't want anyone to vote mcmc until we decide if this is the correct plan of action or not.

A self-hammer by scum would actually be valuable in this situation if it meant that the could kill Walrus overnight and not have to worry about the result of his roleblocking (other than if Walrus actually roleblocks scum)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 08, 2014, 08:10:33 am »

Further, I don't want anyone to vote mcmc until we decide if this is the correct plan of action or not.

A self-hammer by scum would actually be valuable in this situation if it meant that the could kill Walrus overnight and not have to worry about the result of his roleblocking (other than if Walrus actually roleblocks scum)

or Voltaire for that matter, but I am pretty sure mcmc is getting lynched today.  There is very little support for a Voltaire lynch right now and I don't think that will change in 10 hours

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 08, 2014, 10:38:29 am »

Could everyone put down their thoughts on this matter today before the lynch?

Pretty sure this is a bad idea. I'd rather Walrus make the call.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 08, 2014, 11:17:48 am »

@manda, yes the mcmc lynch is to easy and it's wrong but not lynching one of me or volt is silly, we know one of me or volt is scum so we should certainly vote one of us.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 08, 2014, 11:37:29 am »

Well I'm about to start work and I may not be around at deadline. I've done all the reading and discussion that I'm going to do. So this is the part when I vote: mcmc and hope.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:26 am »

Well I'm about to start work and I may not be around at deadline. I've done all the reading and discussion that I'm going to do. So this is the part when I vote: mcmc and hope.

what do you think about the possibility of you stating who you will target?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: January 08, 2014, 11:42:18 am »

Vote Count 4.6

Voltaire (2): 2.7, mcmc
mcmc (3): Voltaire, Teproc, Walrus

Not Voting (1): manda

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline for Day4 is Today at 6:00 pm forum time. That's in just over 6 hours!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

Nah. With one scum left, maybe. But not with potentially two. And we won't know that until a flip.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 08, 2014, 11:45:06 am »

ok

vote: mcmc

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 08, 2014, 11:47:24 am »

Vote Count 4.Final

Voltaire (1): mcmc
mcmc (4): Voltaire, Teproc, Walrus, 2.7

Not Voting (1): manda

With 6 alive it took 4 to lynch

Twilight!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 08, 2014, 12:16:37 pm »

<insert flavor> #worstflavorever

Mcmcsalot has been lynched. He was Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, a Vanilla Townie

Night 4 begins, and will end January 10 at 2:00 PM. Please send night actions to both myself and Yuma. Each player is required to check-in via PM to the mods, as well.

THREAD LOCKED!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game over - Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1670 on: January 10, 2014, 10:08:06 am »

I have received all night actions and since I am watching the baby this morning I am going to end the night a few hours early as it looks like all night actions are final.

#worst flavor ever.

In the night, 2.7, James (from James and the Giant Peach), the Town Bodyguard was killed.

Mafia (Voltaire, Teproc and ashersky) Wins!

Manda and Walrus have been end-gamed.

speccy = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/CwjbpHNfDyG
mod qt = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Nktmm3Dp2wsW
mafia qt = http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Ytmu9saymai

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)
« Reply #1671 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:06 am »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was so scared Walrus would roleblock me but he didn't ! YES !
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 10, 2014, 10:09:43 am »

I'll have thoughts about the game later. Thanks to all for playing!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 10, 2014, 10:10:26 am »

Also, I said as much in the scum QT, but I will definitely pay attention to late game reads by Robz. That was scary.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 10, 2014, 10:17:20 am »

Also, I said as much in the scum QT, but I will definitely pay attention to late game reads by Robz. That was scary.

I wanted to lynch Voltaire, but it just wasnt getting the support.  Voltaire was choice #1, I just thought mcmc was the other scum so I went ahead and hammered there
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.