Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 167755 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day2)
« Reply #1300 on: December 13, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »

In fact even if they didn't, what's the point ? If you roleblock succesfully you won't die. If you die, it means your roleblock failed, so it's not very useful information (it does make your target statistically more likely to be town, but that's not much).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: December 13, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »

Well, that was pretty much the point. I agree it's not much but I thought I'd ask.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »

<insert flavor>

Ashersky has been lynched. He was The Green Grasshopper, Mafia Goon.

Night 2 Begins, and will last for 48 hours (subject to change by Yuma).

Please submit your night actions to both myself and Yuma. Each player is required to check-in to both mods within 24 hours as well.

Thread Locked!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: December 13, 2013, 02:23:07 pm »

As mentioned in the VLA thread I have extremely limited access. Please thank TA for filling in for me. As he said all PMs and such questions need to be sent to both of us (and if he wants another co-mod to help him out, to that player as well) all decisions made by TA are considered final and binding. Thanks for the help TA, couldn't have done it without you. I'll fill in flavor later, or TA can make it up if he so desires...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: December 13, 2013, 02:58:38 pm »

I don't have the link for the Spec QT -- if some fine spectator could PM it to me so I can give it out to dead players, that would be extremely helpful!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: December 15, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »

<insert flavor>

Faust, also known as Matilda, the Innocent Child, has been killed.

Day3 Starts Now!
Thread Unlocked

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: December 15, 2013, 02:15:12 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

Not Voting (10): Robz, Walrus, Jimmmmm, Teproc, manda, mcmcsalot, 2.7, Voltaire

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Day3 will end December 27 at 8:00 pm forum time. (10 days + 2 for Christmas)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: December 15, 2013, 02:21:04 pm »

I guess I should have bodyguarded Faust.

I actually bodyguarded walrus, because I believed his claim as roleblocker after ash died. And I think a roleblocker's power increases as the game goes on. So I thought scum would naturally target him. Especially when they passed over Faust N1.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: December 15, 2013, 02:24:46 pm »

However, since I am still alive, I will provide a scum narrative for walrus since the mafia behaved differently than I thought they would.

Walrus and ash are on the same team. They have day chat. Ash claims. They wait a while for a counter claim. None comes.  They see ash being lynched D2 or D3. They turn it to their advantage by having walrus counter claim, thus creating a really good cover for scum, because town does not want to lynch a roleblocker
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: December 15, 2013, 03:10:14 pm »

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee
-doo,
I've got a perfect puzzle for you.
Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-dee,
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you make a false claim?
Something I think is incredibly lame!
What do you get when you're acting like scum?
Did you think that we were all so dumb?

SOMEONE COUNTERCLAIMS YOU!

Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-da,
If you are truthful you will go far.
You will live in towniness too,
Like the Oompa Loompa doom-pa-dee-doo!

Doom-pa-dee-doo!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: December 15, 2013, 03:13:26 pm »

I roleblocked Teproc by the way (because it rhymes). No dice, I guess. Didn't want to target mcmc; it would have been too obvious perhaps based on my previous suspicions expressed.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »

While we wait for Jimmmmm to show up and tell us more, I'll say that I agree with 2.7 that I think Walrus' claim has a pretty good chance of being fake and planned through daychat with ash. Being the last claim means it can have been done with knowledge that there isn't anyone left to counterclaim, and I also happen to think Walrus is scummy regardless (see my vote for him on day 2).

What I'm struggling to figure out is what faust's death means with regard to 2.7's claim. Why did you protect Walrus rather than Jimmmmm, given that you seem to find Walrus' claim scummier ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: December 15, 2013, 03:48:29 pm »

While we wait for Jimmmmm to show up and tell us more, I'll say that I agree with 2.7 that I think Walrus' claim has a pretty good chance of being fake and planned through daychat with ash. Being the last claim means it can have been done with knowledge that there isn't anyone left to counterclaim, and I also happen to think Walrus is scummy regardless (see my vote for him on day 2).

What I'm struggling to figure out is what faust's death means with regard to 2.7's claim. Why did you protect Walrus rather than Jimmmmm, given that you seem to find Walrus' claim scummier ?
at the end of D2 I thought walrus's claim was true and that scum would NK a roleblocker. Since they did not, a fake claim by walrus is not impossible. I don't quite know what to think about walrus right now since I am still alive. (had I died I would be posting in the spectator QT saying he is town) I just wanted to throw out the fake claim possibility to help stimulate discussion.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: December 15, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »

Looking back, protecting jimmmm might have been better. Either way, I am surprised by the NK one again. Jimmmm or walrus were the obvious targets, yet they target Faust. Scum trying to work towards a D3 PR mislynch?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: December 15, 2013, 04:00:30 pm »

Looking back, protecting jimmmm might have been better. Either way, I am surprised by the NK one again. Jimmmm or walrus were the obvious targets, yet they target Faust. Scum trying to work towards a D3 PR mislynch?
I should say, if both jimmm and walrus's claims are true, they are the obvious targets. Much more dangerous than an IC.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: December 15, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »

Well there's also the question of how useful these PRs are. For all we know, there might not be any Goons left, so Jimmmmm isn't as valuable to town as faust, because he's not mod-confirmed, and many people seemed to find him scummy enough yesterday, so, in that scenario, he would be less dangerous to scum than faust because he's not mod-confirmed town.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: December 15, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »

I think Walrus has to be town regardless.

We were all on board for lynching Jimm before ash, weren't we? Weren't we at least strongly leaning that way? walrus's claim made ash the lynch for certain.

Mafia probably spared him to push a case they mistakenly thought would have merit. Nope, I'm not fooled.

Killing the IC is arguably more important anyway. Walrus COULD be scum, and would engender suspicion if he lived. Faust is more important to kill, because all cases against him are automatically false.

I no longer believe 2.7's claim. We needed our IC, you didn't protect him, and he died? Obvscum.

Vote: 2.7
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: December 15, 2013, 06:19:38 pm »

I have a scum narrative on walrus. Here is one on Robz:

Clever to wait until N2 to kill the IC. You knew I would bodyguard him N1, so you just kill a VT, maybe getting lucky and hitting a PR. Now, some you have daychat, you get ash to claim a useful PR, putting the real PR, who you know is more powerful than the IC, who you hope I will protect. It is now a good opportunity to NK Faust. Either you eliminate any protection walrus can have on later nights, or you are perfectly set up to try to mislynch me.

I know, a little OMGUS feel to this case, but does anyone doubt that if someone were to try to pull this off, it would be a robz/ash scum team

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: December 15, 2013, 06:27:52 pm »

I have a scum narrative on walrus. Here is one on Robz:

Clever to wait until N2 to kill the IC. You knew I would bodyguard him N1, so you just kill a VT, maybe getting lucky and hitting a PR. Now, some since you have daychat, you get ash to claim a useful PR, putting the real PR, who you know is more powerful than the IC, who you hope I will protect. It is now a good opportunity to NK Faust. Either you eliminate any protection walrus can have on later nights, or you are perfectly set up to try to mislynch me.

I know, a little OMGUS feel to this case, but does anyone doubt that if someone were to try to pull this off, it would be a robz/ash scum team

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: December 15, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »

There is no one more powerful than the IC. The IC helps us POE scum. You dying while protecting the IC is the best thing that could happen. Either you messed up big time, or you are scum.

Your OMGUS certainly makes me more certain.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: December 15, 2013, 07:03:08 pm »

What do you make of this, if protecting the IC is the only correct play for me?
Tough work for e to work out who to protect Tonight if he's Town.
jimmm being scum trying to manipulate me? Because I should have no doubt about protecting Faust according to you, and it is so obvious to everyone

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 15, 2013, 07:08:57 pm »

Thanks, Walrus. Well, it has to be ash, then.
you seem like you really believed walrus here. Explain to me why a confirmed IC is so much better than someone who is virtually an IC by merit of his claim? The only IC experience I have had was Voltaire in toy story, and narrowing the lynch pool did not help us lynch anyone correctly there. I just don't see IC being as powerful as you make it out to be. Please illuminate me, as I apparently made an egregious error.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 15, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »

At LAX. Little time. Teproc is not a Goon.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:12 am »

Ugh so sorry I missed the lynch..... Got home and then family stuff and I felt guilty leaving them to mafia so there ya go. But school is out now so I'm here in the evenings to play for real now. Sorry again.

Reading now.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 16, 2013, 01:01:18 am »

Mcmc is gone for the week, by the way. He's on a cruise.

When Voltaire gets here, I am confident he will agree with me (unless he is scum).

2.7, it's not that your decision was an automatic and easy one. Jimm was correct in that respect. A roleblocker is also a very important thing for town to have, of course.

But there is a significantly greater chance that we lynch Walrus today than a chance that we lynch faust, making faust much much much more dangerous. The fact that faust died and you immediately begun spinning a yarn about why walrus was both more important to protect and also still possibly scum, and you did this immediately, right off the bat--a quintessential scum move to get all your pre-planned facts out in the open ASAP.

I wouldn't be so confident--and I may indeed be wrong--but you look like caught scum watching his carefully planned out explanation fail to persuade, and now resorting to OMGUS and conspiracy.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.