Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169054 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Day2)
« Reply #925 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:30 am »

Well Teproc, if e truly is scum, then I live as long as he lives, because else his cover is blown. So we might want to hit the other scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Night1)
« Reply #926 on: December 06, 2013, 10:30:22 am »

Catching up now. This day started fast!

We have six others on wagon.  How many scum rode the known (to them) mislynch of a PR?  2?  Hilariously, if the traitor isn't recruited, they don't know if they are on wagon together or not.

This may not be right. Because Morgrim is Morgrim, scum might not know if he was their traitor who got away with a fakeclaim. So scum might not know if they are lynching a town PR or not.

I also don't like the idea of marketing the lynch pool so soon. Let's see what our IC had to say before we do anything like that

I'm also really interested to hear what the IC has to say before getting too deep into an analytic spiral.

No. To both of you. You scumhunt on your own.

Re: ash. I do not like his play today. At all. But I do not see a clear through-line for scum!ash to be doing what he's doing. I believe this is more likely tunneling-his-reads town!ash, at least right now. Like this:

And every other player who hasn't posted yet?  Why single out manda, exactly at the moment she was about to Post?  That is very, very odd.

That is just hardcore tunneling on Jimmmmm. Of course manda stands out more than other lurkers. This is a reasonable action by Jimmmmm.

But - and this is where I say screw it, I'm making assumptions! - vote: Jimmmmm. At the end of D1, I had the same thoughts as Robz here:

Ash, I had similar thoughts about Jimm, but I think they are best explored Day 2. Well, we need the flip for one thing. For another, I don't want to clue scum in to who they should shoot based on where my suspicions currently lie.

which was referring to ash here:

This:

I want to lynch Morgrim because he's frustrating and unhelpful. But I'm loath to lynch a claimed PR who, if truthful, can potentially give us decent results.

Plus this:

Well there you go. I guess lynching claimed PRs is kind of what we do here.

= noticable hesitation while still wanting to see willing to go with the lynch.  Scum afraid of lynching the Traitor?  Scum not wanting to look like he's taking the easy lynch option?  Town truly hesitant?

I do NOT like the fact that I am thinking like ashersky, but if he's town that's fine, and I'm now thinking much more in that direction. And this is what I was talking about with my "everyone shut up and wait for a flip" after Jimmmmm's cred-move and e's insanity.

Basically - if there's scum off-wagon, it's probably Jimmmmm.

Wha happened today? Not much, mostly ashersky being ashersky. Seems strange to me to look for scum off-wagon, one would think that scum is quite happy to lynch a claimed PR.

Yes, but - and even this requires an assumption - if they know Morgrim is a PR, they know how obvious it would look to be on-wagon. At least one scum is on wagon for sure, there is no doubt about that. Maybe 2 or 3. But it's WIFOM.

I have no idea what to make of the e situation right now. It would be so easy for scum to try to frame e if he is town.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:07 am »

Is there a reason the player list is spoilered?  ???

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 06, 2013, 10:45:17 am »

At the end of D1, I had the same thoughts as Robz here:

Ash, I had similar thoughts about Jimm, but I think they are best explored Day 2. Well, we need the flip for one thing. For another, I don't want to clue scum in to who they should shoot based on where my suspicions currently lie.

which was referring to ash here:

This:

I want to lynch Morgrim because he's frustrating and unhelpful. But I'm loath to lynch a claimed PR who, if truthful, can potentially give us decent results.

Plus this:

Well there you go. I guess lynching claimed PRs is kind of what we do here.

= noticable hesitation while still wanting to see willing to go with the lynch.  Scum afraid of lynching the Traitor?  Scum not wanting to look like he's taking the easy lynch option?  Town truly hesitant?

I do NOT like the fact that I am thinking like ashersky, but if he's town that's fine, and I'm now thinking much more in that direction. And this is what I was talking about with my "everyone shut up and wait for a flip" after Jimmmmm's cred-move and e's insanity.

I'll say this again - I was never at any point okay with the Morgrim lynch. I wanted to vote for him as a response to being frustrated by him, but I never wanted to lynch him from the point of view of trying to win the game. Lynching him was a dumb move.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 06, 2013, 10:45:44 am »

Is there a reason the player list is spoilered?  ???

I was wondering the same thing.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 06, 2013, 10:48:04 am »

Re: ash. I do not like his play today. At all. But I do not see a clear through-line for scum!ash to be doing what he's doing. I believe this is more likely tunneling-his-reads town!ash, at least right now. Like this:

And every other player who hasn't posted yet?  Why single out manda, exactly at the moment she was about to Post?  That is very, very odd.

That is just hardcore tunneling on Jimmmmm. Of course manda stands out more than other lurkers. This is a reasonable action by Jimmmmm.

Whatever ash is doing, he's certainly not tunnelling. He reminded me a number of times of his Townread on me and that if I kept up what I was doing that was in danger of becoming a scumread, but also gave a number of reasons why he thought I was scum. Hedging maybe. Manipulative maybe. But not tunnelling.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 06, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

Whatever ash is doing, he's certainly not tunnelling. He reminded me a number of times of his Townread on me and that if I kept up what I was doing that was in danger of becoming a scumread, but also gave a number of reasons why he thought I was scum. Hedging maybe. Manipulative maybe. But not tunnelling.

I do agree with you. Maybe there's ash!tunneling, a different thing. What I mean is that (from my point of view) there is a decent case on you, and ash is spinning literally everything to be a case on you, even things that are not/should give you town points.

It reminds me very strongly of ash in Clue vs. TA.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:36 am »

I do agree with you. Maybe there's ash!tunneling, a different thing. What I mean is that (from my point of view) there is a decent case on you, and ash is spinning literally everything to be a case on you, even things that are not/should give you town points.

It reminds me very strongly of ash in Clue vs. TA.

What the case on me? That I was against the Morgrim lynch but said I wanted to do it out of frustration and sarcastically said that lynching PRs is what we do?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 06, 2013, 11:01:31 am »

What the case on me? That I was against the Morgrim lynch but said I wanted to do it out of frustration and sarcastically said that lynching PRs is what we do?

That first part, yes. Very much. Scum would have two reactions, depending on the setup, to the Morgrim wagon:

1. Jumping with insane glee
2. Extreme paranoia that Morgrim drew traitor

I can see what you did fitting very nicely with 2 (also, I don't remember you working hard to derail the lynch, even though you were against it) and 1 both. There's also the rest of your play D1, like refusing to give Robz townpoints on his setup confusion (which I am now really starting to think makes him well and truly town, along with manda). There was something more relating to mcmc but I can't find it now and am getting worried it was from another game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 06, 2013, 11:06:23 am »

That first part, yes. Very much. Scum would have two reactions, depending on the setup, to the Morgrim wagon:

1. Jumping with insane glee
2. Extreme paranoia that Morgrim drew traitor

I can see what you did fitting very nicely with 2 (also, I don't remember you working hard to derail the lynch, even though you were against it) and 1 both. There's also the rest of your play D1, like refusing to give Robz townpoints on his setup confusion (which I am now really starting to think makes him well and truly town, along with manda). There was something more relating to mcmc but I can't find it now and am getting worried it was from another game.

So you're saying that I had extreme paranoia that Morgrim was the Traitor, but you're also accusing me of not trying hard enough to derail the lynch? Which one is it?

Do you disagree with me on Robz? Do you believe that if someone does something then immediately claims Townpoints for it, you should just give it to them?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 06, 2013, 11:09:04 am »

So you're saying that I had extreme paranoia that Morgrim was the Traitor, but you're also accusing me of not trying hard enough to derail the lynch? Which one is it?

Do you disagree with me on Robz? Do you believe that if someone does something then immediately claims Townpoints for it, you should just give it to them?

If you are scum, I see your behavior fitting either scenario. With it more likely you wanted cred but the lynch to go through.

I actually think it doesn't change whether or not they get townpoints for it. I actually think maybe it makes it more likely they should get them (except for Robz).

I mean, I don't think Robz/manda are obvtown. It will depend on how they play today. But manda's play hasn't had anything scummy in it to me and Robz hasn't checked in yet.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 06, 2013, 11:12:47 am »

I actually think it doesn't change whether or not they get townpoints for it. I actually think maybe it makes it more likely they should get them (except for Robz).

Does this scenario make sense to you at all?

Robz makes a setup mistake in his scum QT. His partner corrects him on it. Together they decide that Robz should make the same mistake in the game thread in order to get Town points.

I'm not saying that happened. I just disagree with giving Town points to someone who makes a setup mistake and then immediately asks for Town points for it.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 06, 2013, 11:13:56 am »

Robz makes a setup mistake in his scum QT. His partner corrects him on it. Together they decide that Robz should make the same mistake in the game thread in order to get Town points.

Yes. That absolutely could have happened. I just do not find it the most likely explanation. Also, does Robz then immediately ask for Town points in your scenario? Why?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 06, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

Yes. That absolutely could have happened. I just do not find it the most likely explanation. Also, does Robz then immediately ask for Town points in your scenario? Why?

That's a good question, I don't know. WIFOM. You'll not that I never gave Robz scum points for it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 06, 2013, 11:16:02 am »

note*

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 06, 2013, 11:17:24 am »

That's a good question, I don't know. WIFOM. You'll not that I never gave Robz scum points for it.

This is why I lean town. It makes sense as a scum ploy to make that mistake. That's already a gambit. I do not see adding another layer of gambit with the "asking for points".

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 06, 2013, 11:21:12 am »

This is why I lean town. It makes sense as a scum ploy to make that mistake. That's already a gambit. I do not see adding another layer of gambit with the "asking for points".

Okay sure. But this isn't about Robz is it? This is about my reaction to it. Do you think it makes sense for me from a Town point of view to not give Robz the Town points?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:04 am »

Okay sure. But this isn't about Robz is it? This is about my reaction to it. Do you think it makes sense for me from a Town point of view to not give Robz the Town points?

Yes. But it makes more sense for you, as scum, to quickly shut down Robz (and manda, but you wouldn't know that) becoming an IC. You don't know how town is going to take his comment, so just steer the reaction the way you want it to go.

I cannot for the live of me find the other post that makes you scummy though, that is the one that has been hanging around in the back of my mind. It had to do with mcmc and I thought it was related to the D1 ash/Jimmmmm fight.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:48 am »

Yes. But it makes more sense for you, as scum, to quickly shut down Robz (and manda, but you wouldn't know that) becoming an IC. You don't know how town is going to take his comment, so just steer the reaction the way you want it to go.

I cannot for the live of me find the other post that makes you scummy though, that is the one that has been hanging around in the back of my mind. It had to do with mcmc and I thought it was related to the D1 ash/Jimmmmm fight.

Do you mean my first post of Day 2, and mcmc saying that I've been called out for that before but he couldn't remember my alignment?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 06, 2013, 11:29:11 am »

Do you mean my first post of Day 2, and mcmc saying that I've been called out for that before but he couldn't remember my alignment?

No, it was definitely older than that. I had you as a lite scum read for most of D1, and started getting really worried at day's end/flip time. The rest of the stuff is from re-reading you. Thank you for helping me out though!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 06, 2013, 11:32:41 am »

No, it was definitely older than that. I had you as a lite scum read for most of D1, and started getting really worried at day's end/flip time. The rest of the stuff is from re-reading you. Thank you for helping me out though!

I did say something earlyish Day 1 about mcmc's play reading scummy to me and him reminding me of scum mcmc in DS9. He's still a slight scumread for me, and I'll have another look at this at some point.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 06, 2013, 11:38:28 am »

I did say something earlyish Day 1 about mcmc's play reading scummy to me and him reminding me of scum mcmc in DS9. He's still a slight scumread for me, and I'll have another look at this at some point.

That's it!

It's not at all what I remembered. unvote

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:45 am »

OK, let's look at this again. If I'm right about Robz/manda:

Voltaire
Walrus
Robz
Jimmmm
ashersky
faust
manda
Teproc
mcmcsalot

I'm looking at 3/4 (!!!) if I'm right, 2/4 if e is scum. Teproc should remain easy to read. So...game over? I want to re-read for interactions now.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 06, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »

What ?

We're not even 24 hours into day 2 and your lynch pool is 4 people ? That makes no sense. What warrants excluding ash, manda and Robz when 2 of these people have barely posted today ? Having town reads on them, why not, but starting POE on such little material (manda and Robz being wrong on setup, what's the reason for ash again ?) is downright stupid.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 06, 2013, 12:12:29 pm »

What ?

We're not even 24 hours into day 2 and your lynch pool is 4 people ? That makes no sense. What warrants excluding ash, manda and Robz when 2 of these people have barely posted today ? Having town reads on them, why not, but starting POE on such little material (manda and Robz being wrong on setup, what's the reason for ash again ?) is downright stupid.

Hohoho! This game is about if/thens. If I'm right about Robz and manda, they're town and out of the pool. So am I. So is faust. So is e (I really really think he's town, but there are scenarios where he's scum but it does not make sense to lynch him to find out). ash is behaving like town!ash now. Ta-da!

Last time I was told something like this was really stupid was by scum!Robz.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.