Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 169184 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXV: Mafia and the Chocolate Factory (Signups now open)
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2013, 06:48:07 pm »

How did you get a Golden Ticket without buying a Chocolate bar? Sounds suspicious to me...

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »

/tag for now

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 07:39:12 pm »

Those mechanics are awesome and so is this theme. In.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 08:01:01 pm »

Do you have a Golden Ticket?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 08:47:18 pm »

Do you have a Golden Ticket?

Why a matter of fact I do, eh.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »

/tag for now. Depends what goes on in Toy Story.

/in
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:45:14 pm by Archetype »

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile

Hey everyone !

I've been called out by yuma for reading up on old mafia games in the past week (I read all of MI and III, skimmed through II because of the huge walls of texts), and they definitely have made me want to try this out. I've played Mafia before... kinda. I've never played any kind of Internet Mafia, but there is a game here (France) called The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, which is basically Werewolf/Mafia, although I've always played with the variant that roles are not revealed upon kill (which makes it a very different game).

In any case, I'd be glad to join, as from what I've read so far it looks very fun (and this particular setup seems interesting enough).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Hey everyone !

I've been called out by yuma for reading up on old mafia games in the past week (I read all of MI and III, skimmed through II because of the huge walls of texts), and they definitely have made me want to try this out. I've played Mafia before... kinda. I've never played any kind of Internet Mafia, but there is a game here (France) called The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow, which is basically Werewolf/Mafia, although I've always played with the variant that roles are not revealed upon kill (which makes it a very different game).

In any case, I'd be glad to join, as from what I've read so far it looks very fun (and this particular setup seems interesting enough).

Yay! I am thrilled!

There is just one thing I need to ask first... Do you have a Golden Ticket?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

Hey everyone !

Welcome! I've seen the Werewolves of Miller's Hollow at my local game shop, but I instead bought Ultimate Werewolf online because it's heaps better (in my and others' opinions). I played it with people who have played Mafia with a deck of cards a lot, and they insisted on not flipping cards on death, which frustrated me. Hopefully you enjoy getting the flips! I'm sure having played IRL before will give you a leg up on other Newbies who haven't.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile

As it happens, I do !

As far as Werewolf / Werwolwes of... goes, I actually have no idea what the differences are. I've played games with flips before, but I don't think it works as well when playing IRL with non-gamers. Online with gamers though, it definitely seems like the better option.

@Jimmmm : Thanks ! Yeah, and I also know that I should avoid smileys if I don't want Robz against me... although a lot may have changed in 30+ games I guess.

Edit : Spelling
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:38:04 pm by Teproc »
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

You'd think so, but not really.  :)

Welcome welcome, though! This game is shaping up to be quite awesome.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

As it happens, I do !

As far as Werewolf / Werwolwes of... goes, I actually have no idea what the differences are. I've played games with flips before, but I don't think it works as well when playing IRL with non-gamers. Online with gamers though, it definitely seems like the better option.

@Jimmmm : Thanks ! Yeah, and I also now that I should avoid smileys if I don't want Robz against me... although a lot may have change in 30+ games I guess.

The game Werewolf is simply a retheme of the game Mafia. The mechanics are, in essence, identical. There are many different versions of the game under each name, which have different roles and sometimes different rules.

If you feel more comfortable doing something - whether that be using smileys or whatever else - than deliberately avoiding doing it, my suggestion is just to do it. People will learn pretty quickly that that's just what you do, and if they forget you can simply point to another instance (preferably a completed game in which you were Town) in which you did it. I don't think using smileys has ever been a major contributor to someone getting lynched.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:15:40 pm by Jimmmmm »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Welcome!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

/in
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

/in
:o I must play with the MORGRIM. /in
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Hey everyone !

Woo!

/in

Double Woo!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Just when I thought this game game couldn't get any better.. it did!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile

So, apparently Morgrim has become a legend ? Seems fair.

Game hasn't even started yet and I'm already quoted in a signature : mission accomplished !

P.S: MIV is getting really intense guys, I'm pretty sure Robz is SK. Then again, I really didn't think O was scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

1 spot open! Well 2 spots technically but Jimmmm has first dibs on the second spot and I don't think this will start until after Nov. 8th as we will want to give Toy Story some breathing room. So really only one spot open. Grab it while you can!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 70  All

Page created in 2.07 seconds with 20 queries.