Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Procession on a Band of Misfits as a Fortress?  (Read 2527 times)

jpople02

• Steward
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
Procession on a Band of Misfits as a Fortress?
« on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »
+1

How does this work?

Okay, so first I play the Procession.  I choose the Band of Misfits, and I choose to play my Band of Misfits as a Fortress.  So it's a Fortress until it leaves play.

First time I play the "Fortress": +1 Card, +2 Actions.  Now I'm at 4 cards in hand and 2 Actions.

Second time I play the "Fortress": +1 Card, +2 Actions.  Now I'm at 5 cards in hand and 4 Actions.

Now here's where it gets weird.  I trash the "Fortress".  The Band of Misfits hasn't left play yet, so it's still a "Fortress".  Because of this, it returns to my hand when I trash it, right?  Is it now a Band of Misfits again, or does returning to my hand from play mean it leaves play?  I assume it does, so let's say it's a Band of Misfits again.  Now, Procession says I gain an Action costing $1 more than it.  So do I gain a $5 (Because the Procession played a "Fortress" twice) or a $6 (Because the Procession played Band of Misfits twice and it's now a Band of Misfits again)?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
Re: Procession on a Band of Misfits as a Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:44:54 pm »

"When you gain" happens after a card hits your discard pile, so I imagine that "When you trash" happens after a card hits the trash pile.  By that point, the BoM has left play and is no longer a Fortress.
Well you *do* need a signature...

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:52:02 pm »
+2

The order of things that happen is:

First you play Procession, choosing BoM as Fortress.
Play fortress the first time. 4 cards in hand, 2 actions remaining.
Play fortress the second time. 5 cards in hand, 4 actions remaining.
Trash the fortress - it goes back into your hand instead of the trash. Also it revers back to being a BoM.
Gain a card costing $1 more than it. "It" is now the BoM, so you gain a $6-cost card.

The fact that the Band-as-Fortress goes back into your hand, not the trash, and you gain a 6-cost card, was confirmed directly by Donald X at one point.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:23:46 pm »

The order of things that happen is:

First you play Procession, choosing BoM as Fortress.
Play fortress the first time. 4 cards in hand, 2 actions remaining.
Play fortress the second time. 5 cards in hand, 4 actions remaining.
Trash the fortress - it goes back into your hand instead of the trash. Also it revers back to being a BoM.
Gain a card costing $1 more than it. "It" is now the BoM, so you gain a $6-cost card.

The fact that the Band-as-Fortress goes back into your hand, not the trash, and you gain a 6-cost card, was confirmed directly by Donald X at one point.
I think it's in the DA rule book.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 05:48:32 am »

If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:49:34 am »

Except that it's not "instead of". It does get trashed (which can matter), and then moves from Trash to your hand.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 20 queries.