Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Questions on technical matters  (Read 2080 times)

manthos88

• Bishop
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
Questions on technical matters
« on: October 25, 2013, 07:10:11 am »

Got some questions on technical matters. Here we go:

- If I Throne Room / King's Court a duration card, will the Throne Room / King's Court remain in play until the end of my next clean-up phase?
- What happens if i Procession the duration card?

- If I Procession a Band of Misfits played as a card that does something when it is trashed, will the "when you trash this" part trigger?

- When a card that is played gets trashed afterwards, it's not in play anymore. So, if i Counterfeit a treasure, then play Bank, what's gonna happen? Will the double treasure played by Counterfeit count as 2 treasures in play, or as none?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:13:44 am by manthos88 »
Just give me a mega-turn engine and take my soul...

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on technical matters
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:18:50 am »

Got some questions on technical matters. Here we go:

- If I Throne Room / King's Court a duration card, will the Throne Room / King's Court remain in play until the end of my next clean-up phase?

Yes.

- What happens if i Procession the duration card?

Procession remains in play, while the processed card is moved to the trash.

- If I Procession a Band of Misfits played as a card that does something when it is trashed, will the "when you trash this" part trigger?

Yes.

- When a card that is played gets trashed afterwards, it's not in play anymore. So, if i Counterfeit a treasure, then play Bank, what's gonna happen? Will the double treasure played by Counterfeit count as 2 treasures in play, or as none?

They count as none, since they are no longer in play. The Counterfeit itself is though, and counts as one treasure.

manthos88

• Bishop
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:36:06 am »

Thank you for the answers. Especially, the part about Band of Misfits has been very helpful and is very important information.

I was assuming that the "when you trash this" part triggers when the card goes in the trash, therefore not letting Band of Misfits mimic that effect.
Just give me a mega-turn engine and take my soul...

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 10:50:27 am »

Thank you for the answers. Especially, the part about Band of Misfits has been very helpful and is very important information.

I was assuming that the "when you trash this" part triggers when the card goes in the trash, therefore not letting Band of Misfits mimic that effect.

Incorrect.
If you play a BoM as Mining Village and then choose to trash it, you gain +$2, and the BoM (as MV) goes to the trash. THEN it turns back into BoM.

It gets more complicated if you Throne Room a BoM and it gets trashed along the way. In that case, in a very complicated series if decisions, the TR "locks in" the card and the BoM is played as the same card twice. I'm sure someone can find the entire conversation somewhere on here.

Ed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries.