Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Watchtower/Masquerade question  (Read 1467 times)

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
Watchtower/Masquerade question
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:08:40 am »

If my opponent plays masquerade and I have a watchtower in hand, can I reveal it to trash the card he passed me? I looked in the rule book to see if it described the pass from masquerade as "gaining" but I couldn't find any such wording. My friend and I decided we were not allowed to reveal watchtower (IRL obviously), were we correct?
Go, and do likewise.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Watchtower/Masquerade question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:11:46 am »

If my opponent plays masquerade and I have a watchtower in hand, can I reveal it to trash the card he passed me? I looked in the rule book to see if it described the pass from masquerade as "gaining" but I couldn't find any such wording. My friend and I decided we were not allowed to reveal watchtower (IRL obviously), were we correct?
You're correct, yes. Being passed a card with Masquerade doesn't count as gaining it, so you can't trash it with Watchtower.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:24:52 am »
+2

From the intrigue rulebook:

“Pass” – when a player passes a card to another player, he places that card face down on the table between himself and the other player. The receiving player then takes the card from the table and puts it in his hand. A passed card is not revealed to the other
players. A passed card is not considered to be trashed or discarded by the player passing it and it is not considered to be gained by the player receiving it.

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:01 pm »
+1

From the intrigue rulebook:

“Pass” – when a player passes a card to another player, he places that card face down on the table between himself and the other player. The receiving player then takes the card from the table and puts it in his hand. A passed card is not revealed to the other
players. A passed card is not considered to be trashed or discarded by the player passing it and it is not considered to be gained by the player receiving it.

Thanks! This is what I was looking for but couldn't find.
Go, and do likewise.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.