Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Time Masters on BGA  (Read 1881 times)

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
Time Masters on BGA
« on: October 17, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »
+2

hello! i tought people here would be interessed,if not ignore the thread

anyway BGA just got a new deckbuilder game called time master,basicaly the gimmick of this one is that you don't buy card with coins as usual but instead you buy them with actions,that's it the more card you play in a single turn,the more/better card you can buy so basicaly it's a deck builder focusing on the concept of the mega combo turn

of course cards aren't played for free and instead you play them with ke,you start with 4 ke and don't get more but some card replenish it or you can discard 2 cards to get 1 ke back... or alternatively you can skip your whole turn

there are no victory cards,each card is divided in spheres and higher spheres card have bigger effect (the equivalent of forge for example is a sphere 5 card while sphere 1 card have small effect like "draw 2 cards") and each card give you point equal to their level (so in this case buying forge is like buying a province too)

there are also card called timer which let you play a card on them so that they trigger on their next turn effectively working like dominion orange cards

anyway i tought dominion fan wouldn't mind giving it a try

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: Time Masters on BGA
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 11:00:23 am »

I followed the development of the game.
It's a very interesting deck-building with great mechanics.
The great thing is the timers, an interesting mechanic that creates many interesting decisions and combos.

Usually I'm very critical with deckbuildings other than dominion. I hated Thunderstone. I never played ascension but I'm not convinced at all by the rules, and Quarriors is absolutely unbalanced.

But until now, I didn't find any drawback in Time masters. Well, the luck is more present than in Dominion, but that is really not such a downside.

ednever

• Minion
  • Respect: +722
    • View Profile
Re: Time Masters on BGA
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 02:09:51 pm »

Knowing no more than what is written here:
The one issue I see is with powerful cards being both expensive, powerful and give VP.
The result is more "acceleration" where the person who gets ahead ends up speeding even faster ahead.

The nice thing about Dominions VP mechanic is that it acts as a decelerator.

Still, worth trying.

Ed
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.