Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Author Topic: Treasure Chest Design Contest — Card #5: Intrigue  (Read 81711 times)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
Re: Treasure Chest Design Contest — Card #5: Intrigue
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:57 pm »

At last i'd like to remind KingZog (who wrote that "you may discard a victory card" was confusing considering you just did that) that Hamlet uses the exact same wording.

I think I found it confusing just because it specifies Duchies and Estates, then just Victory cards. It sounds a bit like "Hey,I already did do that so I guess I should get this bonus too." But I mean, it is true Hamlet is like that. Maybe if they were on different lines, because I think the cards were all just written on one line. That way it would feel more sequential.

Hope i wasn't rude - it was too late to have any influence on your vote, anyhow (not saying it would necessarily have influenced it at all), and it wasn't even a close call for Nouveau Riche... I guess it was just that i wanted to point it out before and feared i would make too obvious it was my card - but i wanted to, so i had to wait... Silly, i know.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:28:02 pm by Asper »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2013, 05:20:07 pm »
+1

Congratulations to Fragasnap for Prefecture!

Strange how Landlord had more votes in the preliminary round.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2013, 05:30:57 pm »

At last i'd like to remind KingZog (who wrote that "you may discard a victory card" was confusing considering you just did that) that Hamlet uses the exact same wording.

I think I found it confusing just because it specifies Duchies and Estates, then just Victory cards. It sounds a bit like "Hey,I already did do that so I guess I should get this bonus too." But I mean, it is true Hamlet is like that. Maybe if they were on different lines, because I think the cards were all just written on one line. That way it would feel more sequential.

Hope i wasn't rude - it was too late to have any influence on your vote, anyhow (not saying it would necessarily have influenced it at all), and it wasn't even a close call for Nouveau Riche... I guess it was just that i wanted to point it out before and feared i would make too obvious it was my card - but i wanted to, so i had to wait... Silly, i know.

It didn't affect my vote. I did like the card, and I think I did vote for.

Nic

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:55 pm »

Soo, are the other four finalists gonna be outed?

HeavyD

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2013, 01:13:12 pm »
+2

Soo, are the other four finalists gonna be outed?

My card was Landlord, and probably the closest a card of mine will come to winning; but Prefecture is a cool card, well done Fragasnap! It was weird how Landlord won the preliminary voting round and did worse in the later poll. Either way, a good card won.

I don't think the finalist have posted their "secret history" of their submissions because we (sort of) gave them to LFN to post anonymously during the voting.

Nic

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2013, 03:10:22 pm »

Yeah, but I still promised some of them a +1.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2127
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2013, 10:25:38 pm »
+2

I did Homestead. It's a different version of "Serf" which I've posted elsewhere. Congratulations to Fragasnap's Prefecture which seems to have the right idea about making a "demonic tutor" work. I'm not sure it's perfect as is but with tweaks it will make for a fantastic and unique card.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.