Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Are Advisor and Soothsayer Related?  (Read 4532 times)

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
Are Advisor and Soothsayer Related?
« on: October 02, 2013, 05:11:02 pm »
+1

Could they be related? I'll let you guys decide

Go, and do likewise.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: Are Advisor and Soothsayer Related?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 05:17:19 pm »

Who drew them both?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

achmed_sender

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: achmedsender
  • Respect: +202
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 05:18:19 pm »
+3

Could they be related? I'll let you guys decide

Yes, these are both cards from guilds :)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »

Who drew them both?

They are both drawn by Alayna Lemmer.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:44:22 pm »
+9

Nah, they aren't related - it's the same person. The foolhardy ruler has employed a soothsayer as his advisor, but since the world is prejudiced, she has to dress as a man in court.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:14:40 pm »
+4

No, the facial structure is different enough. But they're probably fraternal twins, and each complains about the other's choice of profession. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Advisor actually told the King "No sire, don't let that woman into your court. She will only tell you lies. I am the only one you can trust."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 09:38:15 am »

No, the facial structure is different enough. But they're probably fraternal twins, and each complains about the other's choice of profession. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Advisor actually told the King "No sire, don't let that woman into your court. She will only tell you lies. I am the only one you can trust."

And, to spite her brother's ability of letting his king draw cards, the Soothsayer lets the opposing kingdom's king draw.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 10:08:44 am »
+3

Nah, they aren't related - it's the same person. The foolhardy ruler has employed a soothsayer as his advisor, but since the world is prejudiced, she has to dress as a man in court.
Hmm, "are you related to yourself?" is kind of a philosophical question.
You might think "no" because a relation implies a connection to someone other than yourself.

But we can go back in time......

You (most likely) had 2 parents (barring scientific experiments), 4 grandparents (could be 2 of course, but let's keep it simple and straightforward), 8 great-grandparents, 16..., 32.. etc. So if we go n generations back, you will have had 2^n ancestors from that generation. If we go back far enough we can see that the number of "unique" ancestors more than exceeds the number of people on the planet at the time that generation was walking the planet pretty quickly. Now if we factor in geographical and cultural factors (meaning people who live closely together and have the same customs will likely mate) the chance of you having all unique ancestors is practically 0%.

This simply means that yes, you are related to yourself.

You can go back up your genealogical tree and find an ancestor that occurs on both your paternal as well as your maternal side. You're probably your own cousin 27 times removed or so.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 11:41:27 am »

You might think "no" because a relation implies a connection to someone other than yourself.

You (most likely) had 2 parents (barring scientific experiments), 4 grandparents (could be 2 of course, but let's keep it simple and straightforward), 8 great-grandparents, 16..., 32.. etc. So if we go n generations back, you will have had 2^n ancestors from that generation. If we go back far enough we can see that the number of "unique" ancestors more than exceeds the number of people on the planet at the time that generation was walking the planet pretty quickly. Now if we factor in geographical and cultural factors (meaning people who live closely together and have the same customs will likely mate) the chance of you having all unique ancestors is practically 0%.

You can go back up your genealogical tree and find an ancestor that occurs on both your paternal as well as your maternal side. You're probably your own cousin 27 times removed or so.

Hmmm... Wouldn't that also imply that there are jurisdiction wherein it would be illegal for me to marry me?  :P

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 12:16:04 pm »
+4

If you're your own first cousin then maybe you've got more pressing things to worry about than marriage law...
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12862
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »

If you're your own first cousin then maybe you've got more pressing things to worry about than marriage law...
Your signature is huge. Just saying in case you haven't noticed.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6123
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »
+2

Fixed it for him -- it stems from this: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9560.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10764
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »
+1

Nobody's mentioned Taxman yet?

Not quite as similar as the other 2, but still... perhaps there's a growing baldness epidemic in the kingdom?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »
+2

Not quite as similar as the other 2, but still... perhaps there's a growing baldness epidemic in the kingdom?

Dominion is getting old.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »

Statistically, every Caucasian is descended from Charlemagne.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 05:23:47 pm »

I am my own worst enemy, does that count?

Also, if I sleep on my arm, then that feels like a stranger....so thats technically not me right?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »
+1

Donald X mentioned that bald people was the other theme of Guilds.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.