Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: An Attempt at a Victory Card That Cares about The Trash  (Read 1846 times)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
An Attempt at a Victory Card That Cares about The Trash
« on: September 27, 2013, 07:42:50 am »

I know that everyone and his brother has come up with a Victory card that cares about the trash, and that most of them don't work well or aren't interesting. But, I don't think I've seen this idea before, but maybe it's too crazy:

Junkyard
Types: Action - Victory
Cost: $4
Trash a card from your hand.
--
At the end of the game, treat the Trash as an extra player's deck, and count how many points it has after removing any Junkyards. This card is worth 1 VP for each 2 VP in the Trash deck.

It's a bit awkward, especially since you can't count Junkyards in the trash since they would make it paradoxical to count the points in the trash. But, it seems more interesting than most cards in this style that just count something in the trash.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
Re: An Attempt at a Victory Card That Cares about The Trash
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 07:55:44 am »
+1

Imo, if no other alt victory (namely, gardens/silk roads) this is kinda.. a worse Bishop?

Even with it, you need to either trash all silk roads/gardens or none at all (half-split is bad, both piles are weak), means either you just want garden strat w/o Junking or there is heavy trashing game wont really be a slog (prolly viable engine).

Also, Trade Route syndrome?

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:36:18 am »

Imo, if no other alt victory (namely, gardens/silk roads) this is kinda.. a worse Bishop?

Even with it, you need to either trash all silk roads/gardens or none at all (half-split is bad, both piles are weak), means either you just want garden strat w/o Junking or there is heavy trashing game wont really be a slog (prolly viable engine).

Also, Trade Route syndrome?

Good points!

Ratsia

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +113
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:11:07 am »
+1

The card stacks so it would be a lot more like Silk roads or some other card where you worry about the split, not Bishop.

Bishoping a Province costs you 1VP and gets rid of one junk card. Thrashing one with this costs you 3VP is you have only one copy but nets you 3VP for every extra copy you have upto +18VP if you have the whole pile in a two-player game. I don't think it makes much sense to compare the two.

mustang255

• Steward
  • Shuffle iT Username: Mustang255
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
    • Souva Games
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 09:38:07 am »

A card I made that fits the criteria:

Badlands - 4 cost
Action Victory
+2 Cards
Trash this card. Trash up to 2 cards from your hand.
-------
Worth 1VP for each differently named card in the trash.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.243 seconds with 21 queries.