Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Discrete polls  (Read 2265 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Discrete polls
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:05:35 pm »
+4

I fully support polls with countably many choices and countably few votes submitted.  However, I am confused about its relation to the ability of regular users to see votes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 02:17:10 am by popsofctown »

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
Re: Discrete polls
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:07:11 pm »
+1

No way, only continuum polls for me thank you
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:13:44 pm »

I fully support polls with countably many choices and countably many votes submitted.  However, I am confused about its relation to the ability of regular users to see votes.

If you could see who voted for what, f.ds junkies would be continuously checking and crash the servers.
Well you *do* need a signature...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 12:23:06 am »
+5

I fully support polls with countably many choices and countably many votes submitted.  However, I am confused about its relation to the ability of regular users to see votes.

If you could see who voted for what, f.ds junkies would be continuously checking and crash the servers.

There would probably be one check at every moment for which the last digit of seconds past the minute is divisible by the cost of Scout, which will always be an option in the poll.  (if it doesn't seem to be, it has a different name, or you need to channel Robz to vote for it).
The continuous checks at those times would be an infinite number of checks in one second, which would undoubtedly crash the server at 0, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, and 56 seconds past the minute.  So you are indeed right.

This raises an important question, though.  If we can successfully ban Robz from the forum and exile his spirit, then make chwhite head moderator of the forum, can we make a poll with the only option being Transmute, causing the continuous checks whenever the last digit is divisible by 0P$?  I am pretty sure manually viewing the results of such a poll would, like viewing a quantum particle, change Transmute itself.  Forever.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:24:08 am by popsofctown »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:26:39 pm »
+2

....what?

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:21 pm »
+1

countably few!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.