Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94086 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 3 [Day])
« Reply #1000 on: December 06, 2013, 10:58:52 am »

I offered contents of my QT well ahead of the Rumpelstiltskin claim.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: December 06, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

Also Rumpelstilskin offered the golden touch. So, no, it is not King Midas.

I don't believe this precludes King Midas from also being present.

I still think lynch ashersky is the best step here.

Yes, I would not be suprised if Ashersky flips king midas. Or if EFHW was provided it as a fakeclaim.

I agree that lynching Ashersky is what we should do.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: December 06, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »

BoxofDOG,
before we finish the day , I want you to agree on targeting mail-mi with your voyeur power during the night.
Slightly reluctant to do so because it's 1-shot, but sure, I'll use it.
You just better not be scum, Xeiron

Thank you. I can assure you am not scum.

There is no need to be reluctant.
Whith this plan you will watch every single nightaction still in the game (except maybee nightkills).
It is not possible to use your role better, even if you save it to later.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 06, 2013, 05:11:39 pm »

So I should hammer ashersky now or are we waiting for something?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: December 06, 2013, 05:19:12 pm »

So I should hammer ashersky now or are we waiting for something?
Depends on whether you want to let him say something first.
But there should be no claims or anything (except if he is lying), so I say go ahead.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: December 06, 2013, 05:24:54 pm »

Vote: ashersky

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »

Thread Locked.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »

ashersky, otherwise known as the Witch-aligned 'Evil Queen' Following Flavor Cop has been lynched.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 06, 2013, 05:50:55 pm »

The Game is over! The Town has won!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:33 pm »

Role PMs:

Mail-mi:
Flavor Name: Puss 'n Boots
Alignment: Town. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.
Role Name: Loved Desperado

You twirl your small saber, parrying briefly, then thrusting it forward into the straw dummy. You then pull your weapon out and slice it rapidly across your cloth target; carving a ‘P’ into it.

“Temblar a mis pies! You are no more, my friend.”

You throw your blade into the air and catch it with your right paw, sliding it into your left shoe.

“It is I, Puss ‘n Boots!”

During the day, you may post in thread Desperado: [Player Name]. You will whip out your saber and charge at your target. If that player is not Town-aligned, you will sink your weapon into their stomach and instantly kill them. However, if they are considered Town-aligned, you will take your sword and plunge it into your own heart in embarrassment.

Additionally, during the day, if you ever reach the required number of votes to be lynched you will instantly do the ‘cute face’. This will make you take an additional vote to be get lynched.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/NRGbjUywZse

Jimmmmm:
Flavor Name: The Woodcutter
Role Name: Lumberjack-of-all-trades

Axe in-hand and boots clad with mud, you tromp through the woods. The Enchanted Forest is your home and you know it’s landscape well. You consider the plants and animals you live amongst your family and have learned their secrets. And you’ve promised to use these gifts for good and protect the life you’ve grown to love.

You come equipped with a number of 1-shot powers. Each night you may choose one of them to use:

1-shot Firefighter: Only YOU can prevent forest fires. Target one player. That player will be immune from one Arsonist Kill that night.

1-shot Poison Doctor: A special mixture of nectar and tree sap is the perfect remedy for any poison; even if it does taste bitter. Target one player. That player will have all poisons in their bloodstream relieved and be protected from one Poisoner Kill that night.

1-shot Doctor: Ground up leaves from the magic grotto within the forest can help prevent even the most severe of abrasions.Target one player. That player will be protected from one Standard Kill that night.

1-shot Vigilante: A carefully sharpened axe makes a formidable weapon. Target one player. That player will be killed.

Additionally, you are a member of the Enchanted Forest quicktopic. You may post there as much as you want during the night, but not after you’ve been killed. The alignment of your fellow quicktopic members is unknown to you.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/7WkGVqAjNbC7

xeiron:
Flavor Name: Sleeping Beauty
Role Name: Day 4 Innocent Child

Cursed at a young age to an everlasting sleep, you rest peacefully at the edge of the kingdom. Will your prince come someday?

At the beginning of Day 4, you will awake and be mod-confirmed as Town. However, if a Prince kisses (targets) you before Day 4, you will awake the following day instead of Day 4.

Quicktopic Link: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/kLSQVk5qzEEjk

XerxesPraelor:
Flavor Name: Prince Charming
Role Name: Bodyguard

With dashing good looks and a loyal and trusty steed, you race across the kingdom vanquishing evil and saving damsels in distress. Your charm gets you the ladies and your might gets you the gold. That’s the life of a hero!

Each night you may target one player. You will protect them from all Killing actions that night and the following day by redirecting them to you.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/Gw6E3tfQV9nXz

Morgrim7:
Flavor Name: Tom Thumb
Role Name: Compulsive Rewarded Doctor OR Compulsive Hider

You’re a full grown man, but only as big as an adult thumb! You also from a bit of a memory loss. You know you play in important role in the Town, but the exact influence is unknown. Half of you wants to be a hero and protect the people in this town, but the other half is afraid of the world and the terrors that lurk in it. Who is Tom Thumb?

Each night you MUST target one player. You will either Doctor that player or Hide behind them. The exact effect of your role is known to the mods and doesn't change from night to night. When you die, the power that you really are will not be revealed.

If you are a Doctor the player you target will be immune to one Standard night kill that targets them that night. Additionally, any non-Killing actions that affect your target will also affect you.

If you are a Hider any actions that would normally affect you will fail and any actions that affect the player you hide behind will also affect you. If the player you hide behind is not considered Town-aligned, you will immediately die.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/nV8sxkMFyhbxm

chairs:
Flavor Name: Rumpelstiltskin
Role Name: Thieving Inventor

Using cunning tactics and tricky trickery, you've climbed to the top of the magical food chain. Others are amazed at your prowess (and powers) and think you're one cool guy. At Alchemy University, you were even voted "Most likely to become a villian"! But that's exactly the opposite of what happened. You enjoy long walks on the beach, romantic candlelit dinners, and even puppies. You've learned to use your powers for good; not evil.

Each night you may target one player and ‘Make a deal’ with them. You will first choose one of the following magical items to give them:

Golden Touch: Gives the player the golden touch! Anything they touch turns to solid gold!
Crystal Ball: Gives the player a powerful crystal ball! They can gaze into to see what's affecting their friends!

You have unlimited amounts of either item. They are all 1-shot Powers that the target player will be able to use in addition to their normal power during the night. They will be told the actual function of the item and not the flavorful overlay.

You will then take something related to that player’s flavor. But before you steal anything, the player you targeted will be prompted to guess who gave them the item. If they guess correctly, you will steal nothing.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/waxgyyVYWLj

BoxOfDOG:
Flavor Name: Pied Piper
Role Name: 1-shot Lightning Rod

Mice are no big deal for you. I mean, they’re just disgusting white rodents with short whiskers and pike feet. And all they do is scurry, and gnaw, and scamper, and.... GAHH! Nevermind! These things are GROSS! And Hamlin wants YOU to get rid of these disgusting creatures? Ew. Luckily you have your flute. And good thing you know just the tune to remove them...

Once during the night you may play your flute. The instrument will emit a tune so enticing that it'll redirect all other players night actions from their original targets to you.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/PGvDRuQTxEM

pingpongsam:
Flavor Name: Sandman
Role Name: Governor

Equipped with a nightgown and a bag of gritty dirt, you zoom around the world wishing the children of the world sweet dreams. Sand collected from the bank of dreams mixed with a bit of fairy dust is the perfect recipe for a good night’s rest. But what if one of those sweet kids are in danger? Have no fear; the sandman is here!

Each night (including N0) you may target one player and sprinkle sand over their eyes. They will not be notified that you've done this. If, at the end of any future days one the recipients of your sand is lynched, you may privately message me during twilight that you'd like to save them. As long as that player does have sand covering their eyes, you will make everyone immediately fall asleep. This will cause the lynch to fail. However, the slumber will initiate so quickly that all sand will be immediately flushed out of everyone’s eyes.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/MzRk57UT6NFG

faust:
Flavor Name: Rapunzel
Role Name: Even-Night Ascetic 4-shot Same Night Mailman

To keep you safe, your mother locked you away in a tall stone tower far away from civilization. It’s a lonely life made even lonelier by your inability to leave. You write the occasional letter, fold it into a paper airplane, and said it sailing through the air- hoping it’ll reach someone. You have a long, golden mane of hair that you tend to regularly and grow it out to ensure your escape. On odd nights your mother leaves for Town, leaving you alone in your tower. And it’s those nights where you have a chance of rescue!

Each night, as long as you have enough shots, you may target as many players as you want. For every named player, tell me a message up to 250 characters (I'll be flexible). I will send that message to it's respected recipient. I'll redact anything I see fit, but I'll let you know what I redact before sending the letter.

Additionally, on Even nights, you won’t be able to ‘let your hair down’. This will make you and your tower unreachable and cause all actions that target you that night to fail. Well, besides Killing actions. Those will work as normal.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/3zut8fx8uDH

Voltgloss/ashersky2:
Flavor Name: Evil Queen
Alignment: Witch. You win when the majority of the players alive are Witch-aligned or nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Role Name: Following Flavor Cop

FakeFlavor Name: Sheriff of Nottingham
FakeRole Name: Flavor Cop

You’re not vain, just beautiful. And everyone deserves to know it. You’re not prideful, just the best there is. You're the fairest of them all! At least, that’s what you’re magic mirror tells you.

As a Witch, you share a QT with your diabolical sister here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/D8qpgvWdSmx. you can talk there as much as you want during the Night, but not after you've been killed. Each night, when you complete the factional kill, you will act as a Poisoner. Target one player and give them a Poison Apple. They will unknowingly ingest it and die the following night.

Additionally, each night you may ask your “Mirror on the wall who’s the most ____ of them all”. But you’ll fill in the blank with one of {Investigative, Protective, or Manipulative}. You will then be told the Flavor Name of one of the players that performed the specified type of action that night. You will be considered targeting that player for all intents and purposes.

--

For your fakeclaim you can probably stick to being a Flavor Cop, but you can add the Follower stuff in there too if you want. I’ll leave any other role modifiers or thematic twists up to you.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/8j7FWsihxqm

EFHW:
Flavor Name: Maleficent
Alignment: Witch. You win when the majority of the players alive are Witch-aligned or nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Role Name: 2-shot Watcher

FakeFlavor Name:
Red Riding Hood
FakeRole Name: 2-shot Watcher OR Sensor

Crystal balls ain’t cheap. And with the economy how it is, pillaging towns and selling souls just isn’t enough anymore. Magicians have put a high price tag on mystical items and aren’t budging no matter how many family members you torture. But now that you’ve perfected your sleeping spell, you should be able to rob the Town with ease. Swipe their money, wake up the vendor, and BAM! You’ve got yourself a brand new crystal ball.

As a Witch, you share a QT with your diabolical sister here: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/D8qpgvWdSmx. You can talk there as much as you want during the night, but not after you've been killed. Each night, when you complete the factional kill, you will act as a Poisoner. Target one player and prick their finger on a spinning wheel. They will not be told this happened to them and will die the following night.

Additionally, each night (as long as you have enough shots left) you may target one player and gaze into your crystal ball. You will be told the name(s) of the player(s) that targeted your target that night.

Additionally, you are a member of the Enchanted Forest quicktopic. You may post there as much as you want during the night, but not after you’ve been killed. The alignment of your fellow quicktopic members is unknown to you.

--

For your fake claim, you can stick to a a 2-shot Watcher or claim Sensor. If you do end up claiming Sensor, you should probably modify it to make it weaker. For either fake claim, you should tie it in with having to deliver something to your grandma.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/n7JgFMu5eNu8

ashersky:
Flavor Name: Big Bad
Alignment: Wolf. You win when the majority of the players alive are Wolf-aligned or nothing can prevent that from occurring.
Role Name: Godfather/Ninja

FakeFlavor Name:
Jack the Giant Slayer
FakeRole Name: Commuter

“What a delicious meal”[/i] You say as you lick your lips and search around the house for some water to wash down your meal - old ladies tend to be a little dry.

You find a glass, fill it up at the tap, and and drink it down while standing upright. Even though you’re a wolf; you’re no animal. You act like a civilized creature and don’t like to get your paws dirty unless you have to. You poke and prod around the house a little more to see if there's any desert hiding around. You happen upon the, now dead, occupant’s wardrobe. With a dramatic swing of the doors you reveal a matching pink polka dot women’s nightgown and cap set. Civilized creatures DO need to wear clothes...

While dressed in the pajamas, you will be considered Town if your alignment is investigated. When you complete the factional kill you may choose to tear through your clothes and kill undetected (murder is a slicker without all that baggage). This will make you untraceable by any Trackers, Watchers, etc. But your Godfather power will fail to work as you are no longer wearing your disguise.

--

For your fakeclaim, you can safely claim some variation of a Commuter. However, you should certainly modify to make it weaker than a pure Commuter and make it fit even more with your flavor name.

Quicktopic Link:http://quicktopic.com/50/H/JNBwusfGFp2

Other things:

- When one of the Witches is killed, the other's kill power will change from Poisoner to Arsonist. They will be notified of this.

-Tom Thumb is a Compulsive Hider

-Golden Touch=1-shot Roleblocker; Crystal Ball=1-shot Voyeur. The receiver of the Item will be told the Power, not the Flavor.

-Sandman can target Rapunzel even if she is Ascetic that night.

-Big Bad's Godfather affects both Desperado and Hider

-Items taken from Thieving:

Puss 'n Boots (Saber)
The Woodcutter (Axe)
Sleeping Beauty (Crown)
Prince Charming (Shield)
Tom Thumb (Tiny Hat)
Pied Piper (Sheet Music)
Sandman (Pile of Sand)
Rapunzel (Comb)
Evil Queen (Shard of Glass)
Maleficent (Crystal Ball)
Big Bad (Tuft of brown hair)[/color]

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 06, 2013, 05:52:32 pm »

I really though you guys were gonna get me there in the end.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 06, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »

Night Actions

N0 Actions

pingpongsam sprinkles sand on chairs' eyes

Night 1 Actions:

Faust sends a message to xeiron, EFHW, Jimmmmm
Morgrim Hides behind BoxOfDog
Pingpongsam Governors EFHW
BoxOfDog takes No Action
chairs gives EFHW a 1-shot Voyeur
Jimmmmm takes No Action
Xerxes Bodyguards pingpongsam
EFHW Watches Jimmmmm
Voltgloss No Action
Poisoner Kill Poisons Jimmmmm

To die:
No one

Night 2 actions!

PPS governs ashersky BoxOfDog
ashersky kills Xerxes
ashersky investigates....chairs BoxOfDog
chairs thieves ashersky BoxOfDog (Crystal Ball)
Xerxes bodyguards Xeiron BoxOfDog
Jimmmmm takes no action
BoxOfDog uses his lightning Rod
faust takes no action

To die:
XerxesPralor
Jimmmmm

Xeiron is conf. Town tomorrow.
Nevermind!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:22 pm »

QTs:
Mod: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/KTu9Av9RTg59C
Speccy1: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/mi96hccjuKU
Speccy2: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/bUbPtKBjKZBS
Enchanted Forest: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/z7qZTvAHWVrQv

The personal QTs can be found in the Role PMs (at the bottom). The frequent posters in-thread are the ones with more post-filled QTs.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 06, 2013, 05:55:54 pm »

Great setup, Arch. the flavor was great and I was always guessing if Mafia were there and how many scum were there. I really thought we had one more after ashersky and I wasn't totally sure ashersky was scum.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 06, 2013, 05:59:13 pm »

Really enjoyed reading this
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 06, 2013, 05:59:37 pm »

I had no idea people used their QTs so much.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 06, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »

Secret History of the game:

So this setup is a compilation of a couple of ideas I had. Most prominently, the 'everyone knows a piece of the setup', but a couple other things. The first was 2 scumteams of different sizes. To balance it out, the smaller scumteam would have a normal kill while the larger a delayed or poisoner kill. There was also the idea of including not one, but 2 scum members in a Neighborhood QT. The original idea would be a 2-man QT with 2 scum, but that would end up making the other player look worse off if the other scum was killed, which I didn't want. So I added a third Town player. I also threw some info in there to help spark discussion.

I eventually settled on the Grimm Tale's theme since it encompassed the majority of those themes fairly easily. The original idea was a 3 v 2 scum team with different kills, but then there would be a problem of too much information being passed around the people in the scum teams. So to counteract that, and the apparent need for smaller games, I made it 2 v 1. Which ended up working better flavor-wise too (remember when Maleficent turned into a dragon and breathed fire at the end of Sleeping Beauty...?).

Yeah. I'm a bit disappointed that ashersky gave up so early like he did, or I feel this would have been a very different game. The only real change I would have made would be to work harder on the scum fakeclaims and possibly make the Evil Queen's power stronger.

The funnest part was watching everyone try to decode their flavor texts. Some caught on to what I was hinting at, but I loved the different ways people interpreted things. I won't go through and pull them apart for every bit of info, and they should be pretty easy to figure out with everything out in the open, but if something particular was confusing, let me know and I'll answer.

I hope everyone enjoyed the game! MVP: mail-mi for his excellent Desperado kill.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)
« Reply #1017 on: December 06, 2013, 06:22:43 pm »

Agree with MVP: mail-mi.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 06, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »

I hope everyone enjoyed the game! MVP: mail-mi for his excellent Desperado kill.

Especially since it turns out I was potentially lynch-proof, thanks to pps.

ashersky you did great.  Our first time as scum "together"!

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: December 06, 2013, 07:45:55 pm »

I concur, great game, great job everyone!
MVP: mail-mi
The skill there was too intense. I think my suit got incinerated in the process..
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: December 07, 2013, 04:27:29 am »

Wow. That was pretty comprehensive. Go Town!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 07, 2013, 04:31:58 am »

Arch, what was with the whole, "An axe is in the forest threatening to destroy the foliage" thing?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:41 am »

Well, that went well. Sorry pps for suspecting you towards the end. Now, we even won falwlessly, right? Never mislynched anyone.

I absolutely agree that mail-mi should be MVP. That shot pretty much sealed the game for us.

Morgrim's QT is hilarious :D
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 07, 2013, 04:43:25 am »

Ah, nevermind, we mislynched Morgrim. I almost forgot...
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 07, 2013, 08:23:17 am »

I choose to believe we would have played a flawless game if Voltgloss had remained present. Remember, we were hunting scum where there were none because he was absent.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.