Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94092 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 3 [Day])
« Reply #925 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:55 pm »

I am the Sandman and my role is governor.

I get to target a person each night and that person is added to a roster of people I can save from lynch after the fact, that is during twilight.

I targeted EFHW N0 so that target was useless when mail-mi shot her (and rightly so).

I targeted chairs N1 and I targeted ashersky N2. So, if either chairs or ashersky were lynched today I have the option to save them.
My plan was to see one of them lynched and then try to get them pre-flip themselves and save a town mislynch in case we went wrong.

So, that plan is foiled, my power is now useless and feel free to kill me it won't make a hill of beans except to secure a win for scum.

You make it sound like your plan all along was the have both cop claimers saveable and then figure it out with the twilight plan.

Except, well, you say here you chose chairs on N1. Why chairs on N1?  For what reason at all?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 05, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »

I have a plan!
1. We lynch Ashersky
2. During night
    Chairs investigates mail-mi (the only one worth investigating)
    faust sends a letter to mail-mi (for max use of Box' power)
    pps targets mail-mi (same reson)
    Box  uses the voyeur power on mail-mi
    mail-mi accepts chairs stealing (does not guess correct name)

vote: ashersky

That plan requires everyone involved to be Town at night which means we won the game when we lynched ashersky, doesn't it? I mean, otherwise great plan and i'm down for it if my logic is proven failed.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 05, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »

I have a plan!
1. We lynch Ashersky
2. During night

Why mail-mi for everything?  He's CLEARLY town, given he was a desperado who shot scum.  If you are really going to kill off your flavor cop, why would you do everything you can to target a cleared townie AND ask rely on chairs for so much?

I mean, once I flip town, you'll know chairs is scum.  Or are you going with "they're probably both town" and hoping for the best?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 05, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »

I have a plan!
1. We lynch Ashersky
2. During night

That plan requires everyone involved to be Town at night which means we won the game when we lynched ashersky, doesn't it? I mean, otherwise great plan and i'm down for it if my logic is proven failed.

Except, when you lynch me and you see I'm town, that fucks your plan.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 05, 2013, 04:26:16 pm »

Here's who's left:

1. pingpongsam
3. Voltgloss ashersky
5. mail-mi
6. faust
7. xeiron
9. BoxOfDog
12. chairs

7 people.  We have mail-mi the IC, based on his Desperado shot.  Everyone else is technically still possibly scum, right?

We have:

PPS -- claimed Governor, which is easily of either alignment
ashersky -- claimed Flavor Cop, proven true, alignment not proven
mail-mi -- Desperado, proven true, kill scum and lived - basically IC
faust -- mail-man, (was this proven to even happen?), easily of either alignment, more likely scum
xeiron -- did you have a role other than being protected by xerxes?
BoxofDOG -- Lightning Rod, proven true (I think),  easily of either alignment, usually scum on f.ds
chairs -- Thieving Invetor, fake claimed Flavor Cop, proved liar, scum

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: December 05, 2013, 04:27:08 pm »

I get to target a person each night and that person is added to a roster of people I can save from lynch after the fact, that is during twilight.

I targeted EFHW N0 so that target was useless when mail-mi shot her (and rightly so).

I targeted chairs N1 and I targeted ashersky N2. So, if either chairs or ashersky were lynched today I have the option to save them.
My plan was to see one of them lynched and then try to get them pre-flip themselves and save a town mislynch in case we went wrong.

So, that plan is foiled, my power is now useless and feel free to kill me it won't make a hill of beans except to secure a win for scum.

You make it sound like your plan all along was the have both cop claimers saveable and then figure it out with the twilight plan.

Except, well, you say here you chose chairs on N1. Why chairs on N1?  For what reason at all?

Actually, believe it or not, I actually posted in my QT why I selected chairs specifically for posterity so it'll be a great laugh for you when this game is over. If it is okay to post stuff out of the QT besides the flavor passage I'll paste it in here.

And No, I specifically stated it was a sheer stroke of luck that I ended up in the control position with the 2 "cops" as my targets. It was never a plan. In fact, I never planned to use my power because it was never clear who the scum was. It was only in this predicament did I hatch the plan to hope for a soft-flip in twilight.

Town ashersky loves to vote himself, do it and I'll cut the rope and you can see. I'm awaiting mod-confirmation on whether or not my lynch failing causes us to go into night or restores day.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 05, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

I posit we are looking for one scum (or two, I suppose).

We had two kills last night.  There was no kill flavor provided that would help us figure out anything.  Jimmmmm's claim, which we can now believe, pointed to three types of kills.

So, three types of scum.  If you are doing that in a game this small, my best guess is one scum for each type of kill.  We had the Big Bad Wolf (ashersky), we had the Witch (EFHW), and now we have something else.

If we believe poisons work slowly, the Witch makes sense, and EFHW must have killed one of the two who died today back on N1.

The other scum chose not to kill on N1 or was blocked.  The wolf couldn't kill because he was dead.

I think that's the most likely scenario we are in now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 05, 2013, 04:31:44 pm »

Actually, believe it or not, I actually posted in my QT why I selected chairs specifically for posterity so it'll be a great laugh for you when this game is over. If it is okay to post stuff out of the QT besides the flavor passage I'll paste it in here.

And No, I specifically stated it was a sheer stroke of luck that I ended up in the control position with the 2 "cops" as my targets. It was never a plan. In fact, I never planned to use my power because it was never clear who the scum was. It was only in this predicament did I hatch the plan to hope for a soft-flip in twilight.

Town ashersky loves to vote himself, do it and I'll cut the rope and you can see. I'm awaiting mod-confirmation on whether or not my lynch failing causes us to go into night or restores day.

I'd have to trust you (and trust you on behalf of the entire town, given you could just let the mislynch go through) for me to do that.  I suppose you could save me and just lynch me again if that was your plan in the first place.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 05, 2013, 04:32:32 pm »

I don't possibly see how this affects the game, they are my words after all:

For posterity:
I picked chairs first because based on his play in RMM9 coupled with the fact that he is still on phone access only I believe he will be the easiest read. If I read him as Town but his easy to misrepresent play leads him to a lynch I can foil it. If I read him as Mafia I will feel confident of that read and not have my sprinkles on someone harder to gauge.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 05, 2013, 04:34:10 pm »

PPS -- claimed Governor, which is easily of either alignment
ashersky -- claimed Flavor Cop, proven true, alignment not proven
mail-mi -- Desperado, proven true, kill scum and lived - basically IC
faust -- mail-man, (was this proven to even happen?), easily of either alignment, more likely scum
xeiron -- did you have a role other than being protected by xerxes?
BoxofDOG -- Lightning Rod, proven true (I think),  easily of either alignment, usually scum on f.ds
chairs -- Thieving Invetor, fake claimed Flavor Cop, proved liar, scum

Of these claims, the Thieving Inventor is clearly the fakest, and mail-man is the scummiest.  I think we can just lynch our way through the claims to win the game.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 05, 2013, 04:34:45 pm »

I'd have to trust you (and trust you on behalf of the entire town, given you could just let the mislynch go through) for me to do that.  I suppose you could save me and just lynch me again if that was your plan in the first place.

Look, I don't have you pegged either way. The purpose of the exercise would be to gain IC status. We should definitely wait to see if we go into night afterwards, though.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:12 pm »

I want to hear some words from faust. He reads high on my scum-o-meter.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »

Look, I don't have you pegged either way. The purpose of the exercise would be to gain IC status. We should definitely wait to see if we go into night afterwards, though.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say IC.  It would confirm your role, though.  Do you do it publicly in thread, though?  Or do you PM the mod.

We won't know you did it, technically.  Or you and I are a scum team again and just fooling everyone.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 05, 2013, 04:43:24 pm »

Damn, I do have to do the magic in my QT. I think having your ass retrieved from the lynch is good enough proof, though. True it doesn't prove alignment but if you are town and I save you it should prove it to you at the least.

I have to leave work and take my dog to the vet to get some stitches removed. ashersky is L-1 so I am unvote.

Hope to see some progress on something besides ashersky vs chairs when I return.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 05, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »

I have a plan!
1. We lynch Ashersky
2. During night

Why mail-mi for everything?  He's CLEARLY town, given he was a desperado who shot scum.  If you are really going to kill off your flavor cop, why would you do everything you can to target a cleared townie AND ask rely on chairs for so much?

I mean, once I flip town, you'll know chairs is scum.  Or are you going with "they're probably both town" and hoping for the best?

Read the flavor!
Pingpongsams claim is flavorsupprted by xerxes QT
Faust claim is supported by big bad ashersky QT
Chairs by EFHW
Box by chairs QT
I find no good mentions of me, mail-mi, Ashersky, and the two scumfakeclaims we have.

If we lynch Ashesky, And my town status is modconfirmed tomorrow. Mail-mi is the most sensible to flavor-invetigate. Chair gives pr's for free, so he would love to target town anyway.
Mail-mi can prove he is town by not guessing the name.

If chairs targets mail-mi, it is obviously best for box to do the same. He can find out if chairs action is as he claimed, or something else.

While we are at it. Pps and chairs have "useless" nightactions that may be of use in this case. Box will be able to confirm that they do use their actions. Maybe we will be lucky and catch scum if they have  a "either nk or pr"- restriction. I would not count on it, though. But there is nothing to lose on then targeting mail-mi.

Lastly scum has a nightkill, but they cannot stop both box and chairs from getting a result.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 05, 2013, 04:51:44 pm »

Lastly scum has a nightkill, but they cannot stop both box and chairs from getting a result.

And since you are telling scum where everyone will be targeting, chairs or faust can just aim elsewhere, get another dead townie, and then argue on D4 that Box is lying.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 05, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »

Pingpongsam should not stop an ashersky lynch.
Targeting mail-mi, and having box voyeur it is a better way to confirm pps claim.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 05, 2013, 04:56:43 pm »

And since you are telling scum where everyone will be targeting, chairs or faust can just aim elsewhere, get another dead townie, and then argue on D4 that Box is lying.

Is so, we just caught chairs or faust because morgrim have made box an IC after he doctored/hid behind him.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 05, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »

Targeting mail-mi, and having box voyeur it is a better way to confirm pps claim.

Why are we listening to you at all?  What makes you any more trustworthy than anyone else?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 05, 2013, 04:59:33 pm »

Is so, we just caught chairs or faust because morgrim have made box an IC after he doctored/hid behind him.

We have no clue what Morgrim did or didn't do.  He LIED to the town about his role.  Given we have no idea what his role even means (I mean, two compulsive roles at once, with an "or" between them?).  Maybe he hid behind Box, maybe he doctored someone else.  Or he Doctored Box, which doesn't mean anything.

If we could trust the information Morgrim gave us, we could try to sort things out.  But he said he "copped" Box.  But we know he didn't.

It's pretty believable that box is an LR like he claims, but as mentioned, that's a scum role on f.ds.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: December 05, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »

I posit we are looking for one scum (or two, I suppose).

We had two kills last night.  There was no kill flavor provided that would help us figure out anything.  Jimmmmm's claim, which we can now believe, pointed to three types of kills.

So, three types of scum.  If you are doing that in a game this small, my best guess is one scum for each type of kill.  We had the Big Bad Wolf (ashersky), we had the Witch (EFHW), and now we have something else.

If we believe poisons work slowly, the Witch makes sense, and EFHW must have killed one of the two who died today back on N1.

The other scum chose not to kill on N1 or was blocked.  The wolf couldn't kill because he was dead.

I think that's the most likely scenario we are in now.

Please look at my kill analysis on the previous page and note the conclution.
We have massclaimed, and the only NK-blockers claimed is jimm and morgrim. Jimm healed no-one. Morgrim possibly healed box.
Box seems like a strange choice of nightkill. The "masons" jimm and EFHW would be a much more natural choice.

The other possibility is that they did not kill anyone. The obvious explanation would be that Voltgloss is the guy with the NK, but he wasn't around that night.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 05, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »

We have no clue what Morgrim did or didn't do.  He LIED to the town about his role.  Given we have no idea what his role even means (I mean, two compulsive roles at once, with an "or" between them?).  Maybe he hid behind Box, maybe he doctored someone else.  Or he Doctored Box, which doesn't mean anything.

If we could trust the information Morgrim gave us, we could try to sort things out.  But he said he "copped" Box.  But we know he didn't.

It's pretty believable that box is an LR like he claims, but as mentioned, that's a scum role on f.ds.

I simply refuse to believe that morgrim would play so antitown, That he would die claiming he had cleared someone he had not.
Morgims fakeclaims makes sense in a way that he claimed the weak PR part but exluding the weaknesses of being a hider. I understand why morgrim claimed as he did.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 05, 2013, 05:27:53 pm »

Why are we listening to you at all?  What makes you any more trustworthy than anyone else?

My goal is that people should listen to because I make sense.

Currently, much of the evidense is against you.
Robin hood not being mentioned in QT-flavour. Just like other scum fakeclaims.
The missing nightkill.
Voltgloss not being modkilled.
And how you are flailing lately, desperately trying to paint everybody scummy in an attempt to get more people into lynchrange.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 05, 2013, 05:33:27 pm »

posting from phone to say that I misspoke that I actually targeted chairs n0 and EF HW N1

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 05, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »

And how you are flailing lately, desperately trying to paint everybody scummy in an attempt to get more people into lynchrange.

Where does this come from?  I've literally voted for one player the entire day.  How that could possible be "desperately trying to paint everybody scummy in an attempt to get more people into lynchrange" I have no idea.

Please, explain that statement.  Just try.  It is impossible.  A fallacy.  A lie.

I have voted for chairs, and stated scum reads on faust and PPS.  Where are you getting "lynchrange" from?  Where are you getting "paint everybody scummy" from?

This is you being ridiculous, anti-town, and possibly even scummy.  You see an easy mislynch here and are trying to force it through with lies.

Go ahead, see if you can explain that statement.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.