Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94083 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 3 [Day])
« Reply #875 on: December 05, 2013, 10:38:10 am »

Chairs, in what way do you lose our power?
May persons you target guess your name, and our action blocked if they are correct?

Exactly.

Though I suppose that, now that it's out there, Town could simply opt not to guess my name.

Box, can you confirm this?
Was you asked to guess a name during the night?
Oh! Yes! That was really weird.

I thought Arche was just curious as to who I thought gave me the Voyeur. I guessed Mail-mi.
So what would've happened if I guessed correctly, Chairs?

If you had guessed correctly, I would not have received the sheet music.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 05, 2013, 10:40:14 am »

That makes all the sense. Chairs and ash are probably both town. Along with box cuz of 'grim's  "result".

I am not convinced both Chairs and Ash must be town. Yes, they probably both speaks the truth, but we still have the situation of two similar roles.
It is no reason to to believe both of those roles should be of the same alignment.
I am especially wary of Chairs. He has a power that can be blocked if we know his name. As he claims it, only scum would have a benefit of blocking it. This seems weird to me.
Could it be that chairs is a third-party-role (survivor?), and that his stealing helps him in some way?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 05, 2013, 10:49:06 am »

Just reread D2. still okay with an ashersky lynch but if it were between faust and xeiron I would lean xeiron but feel okay with either.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 05, 2013, 11:08:24 am »

Box, what did you receive from chairs?
The Voyeur, I guess.

That makes all the sense. Chairs and ash are probably both town. Along with box cuz of 'grim's  "result".

I am not convinced both Chairs and Ash must be town. Yes, they probably both speaks the truth, but we still have the situation of two similar roles.
It is no reason to to believe both of those roles should be of the same alignment.
I am especially wary of Chairs. He has a power that can be blocked if we know his name. As he claims it, only scum would have a benefit of blocking it. This seems weird to me.
Could it be that chairs is a third-party-role (survivor?), and that his stealing helps him in some way?
You bring up a great point, xeiron.
If Chairs is town, he has no reason to hide his name.
What happens if you don't correctly guess his name, is he steals something precious from you. Pied Piper's (me) precious thing was sheet music.

But then again, we've come to a really complicated situation. If Chairs is to target a mafia player, and they guess his name, we haven't the slightest idea or hint who he tried to steal from.
So there are two purposes to Chair's role:
Town Purpose - He is able to steal a precious item, and determine the fairy tale it corresponds to, and making his vote based on that.
Scum Purpose - He is able to steal something from you, and use it against you somehow, if you don't guess his name correctly.

I seriously doubt it's the former.
vote: chairs
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 05, 2013, 11:11:07 am »

Wait.. Just considered further.

The TP really just makes a lot more sense, especially compared to the SP.
Hiding his name would prevent scum from efficiently blocking thieving. If they do block him, then he can call them out for that. Why would THEY need to hide their role? Town has nothing to hide, on terms of flavor.

unvote

This is isn't helping my headache..
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 05, 2013, 11:15:13 am »

Box, what did you receive from chairs?
The Voyeur, I guess.

You bring up a great point, xeiron.
If Chairs is town, he has no reason to hide his name.
What happens if you don't correctly guess his name, is he steals something precious from you. Pied Piper's (me) precious thing was sheet music.

But then again, we've come to a really complicated situation. If Chairs is to target a mafia player, and they guess his name, we haven't the slightest idea or hint who he tried to steal from.
So there are two purposes to Chair's role:
Town Purpose - He is able to steal a precious item, and determine the fairy tale it corresponds to, and making his vote based on that.
Scum Purpose - He is able to steal something from you, and use it against you somehow, if you don't guess his name correctly.

I seriously doubt it's the former.
vote: chairs

You would've received the Voyeur, though I didn't know that's what the crystal ball did (I have flavor items, that give 1-shot roles when sent, but I don't have in my PM what they do).

I've revealed my name, and at this point I agree, there's no reason to hide it - because Town will politely decline to guess it, allowing me to confirm their flavor.  It is for the Town purpose (you should review LOTR 2 for an example of the thieving side of this role, if you'd like).  The only way I can "use the item against you" is by it not matching the flavor that you've claimed.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:26 am »

Wait.. Just considered further.

The TP really just makes a lot more sense, especially compared to the SP.
Hiding his name would prevent scum from efficiently blocking thieving. If they do block him, then he can call them out for that. Why would THEY need to hide their role? Town has nothing to hide, on terms of flavor.

unvote

This is isn't helping my headache..

Hiding my name previously served a purpose, but at this point I think we're down to 1 or perhaps 2 scum and that ashersky is more likely than not to be one of them, and revealing it better serves us now.  In my opinion, we should lynch ashersky today, then any remaining scum must kill you tonight as you're now an IC, or kill me tonight (but then you can voyeur me), or kill someone else (leaving a flavor cop, an IC, another IC ((right? Don't we have somebody turning IC D4 still alive?))... doesn't look good for scum).

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 05, 2013, 11:21:44 am »

tl;dr scum should just claim now, I think we've won.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 05, 2013, 11:26:38 am »

faust, did you send another letter? If so, is there a read on the public response to it?

No, I did not send a letter. There was nothing I felt I really needed to tell someone tonight.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 05, 2013, 11:33:49 am »

By the way, pps, what about you? You're the only one unlcaimed so far, and IIRC you said D2 that you would claim today.

Lynching xeiron is bad, because if he's telling the truth, he'll become an IC tomorrow.

Box' claim explains everything. xerxes died because he protected Box, thus saving him. xeiron isn't IC yet because xerxes couldn't target him. Jimmmmm probably died of poison.

Vote: pingpongsam because of POE

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:07 am »

Wait a second, didn't ashersky say he'd copped me as the Pied Piper?

unvote.  Maybe we really do have 2 flavor cops, since that's a (limited) side benefit of my role, not the primary role.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:59 am »

Just reread D2. still okay with an ashersky lynch but if it were between faust and xeiron I would lean xeiron but feel okay with either.

Also, this. Suggesting to lynch someone who claimed to turn IC tomorrow? I think scum would be desperate enough to try that by now.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 05, 2013, 11:35:53 am »

Can somebody please review (sorry, work is busy) and repost a list with claimed data (flavor name, in particular, would be of benefit here).

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 2 [Day])
« Reply #888 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:29 am »

Claiming summary:

pingpongsam

A king sits in his throne staring out the window. He reflects on all the terrible things he’s done to reach such an important title. His methods are just like his window - painless. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t harmful. And now, after all this time, he wishes for his wife to return to him again. His daughters have all married off or were lost in the fold. His only son has suffered much deceit and deception and no grandchildren can be called his own. No advisers around to captain his decisions. All certainly could’ve be stopped a single golden touch. His curse is what started all this terror and turmoil, and it is that which will soon end it all.

ashersky - Wolf-aligned 'Big Bad' Godfather/Ninja. Lynched Day 1.

The post office gets busy around the holidays. Especially with the throngs of people clamoring at the doors. “Can’t you see we’re closed every other day?” The grizzled owner always says in reply to the constant banging. But some packages must be delivered. Some deliveries must be received. However, others can wait until morning. And what a morning the following day was! Someone was killed! And not just anyone- the shopkeeper! A bullet-sized hole piercing his skin and going clean through. Such a close-up attack will not go unnoticed. On the bright side, the post office is finally open on Tuesdays.

(Voltgloss)Ashersky - 'Robin hood' flavor cop

EFHW - Witch-aligned 'Maleficent' 2-shot Watcher. Killed Day 2.

A skilled thief that comes without warning. The power of association is the only way to stop this criminal’s methods.

mail-mi - Desperado

The view from the edge of the forest is one to behold. Looking deep into it, you can see the thicket of massive trees and the few berry bushes decorating the land. An axe resides in the forest and threatens to destroy the colossal foliage. Two others are present, as well. Though their story isn’t discussed until later.

faust - 'Rapunzel' REDACTED Ascetic 4-shot Mailman

Legend has it that the world will die as quickly as it was born. By the hands of a silent and solo killer, his body stained an ugly red from the blood of it’s dead victims. He will murder again if one doesn’t stand up for what is write. Like a protector; shrouded in wooden mystery.

xeiron - 'Sleeping Beauty' Day4 innocent child

From high in the air, all can be seen. Sight is limited by the bullets fired, but that shouldn’t be a problem for hunters as skilled as them. Twin pillars reach towards the sky; stationed a fair distance from one another. One is oddly reachable while the other ascends to no end. They’re both covered in thick foliage, though one is the younger brother. At the base of the towers, a long trail leads from one to another. A fragile connection that was never meant to exist.

XerxesPraelor - 'Prince Charming' bodyguard dead N2

Sand spells instant slumber; it’s spelling may save your life.

BoxOfDog - Pied piper. 1-shot lightningrod. (+1-shot voyeur)

At the far corner of the kingdom, powerful entities reside. Some powers reflected by valuable talismans while others are tucked away; forced into hiding. Not all power is held by the just. Ancient evils guard sacred artifacts and daring heroes seek to obtain them. Unselfishly, they risk their lives for the good of others and will fight to the bitter end. But will such heroes endure to the end? Or will this crusade be their last?

Jimmmmm - 'The Woodcutter' doctor of all trades dead N2 (probably poisoned N1)

The fair city is under attack! Houses will be ransacked and plains will be burned, but not until later much later. Only one can sense the danger all around and can guide others to safety. But they will hide; not protect. The city is not near, but far. So far away that none can reach it save for the one in blue. Yes, lin (though roasted swine should be placed first) will soon be destroyed if he doesn’t save it.

Morgrim7 - 'Tom Thumb', the Doctor/Hider Lynched D2

chairs - Thieving Inventor
gives someone a crystal balls and golden the golden touch. Takes something back.

At the break of dawn
Promises are broken
Bright light from above
Illuminates the kingdom

Shows what’s hidden

Others are naked
And exposed
Others are dressed for success
Full investigations
Investigations unlike any other
That follow close behind

Enchanted forest flavor:

Purple poisons the well
Activates the dead at the sound of a yell

Shattered glass ignites the flame
A burning desire that only love can tame

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 05, 2013, 11:39:10 am »

I think everyone should massclaim now.
Flavorname, role and QT-flavor

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 05, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

I think everyone should massclaim now.
Flavorname, role and QT-flavor

I am an Even-Night Ascetic 4-shot Same Night Mailman. So you could cop me tonight to confirm this. Flavorname is Rapunzel, to repeat that. I sit in my tower, no-one can reach me and I have to communicate via mail. On odd night, I let my hair down.

Full QT flavor:

A world of wood unseen by it’s makers. Between the uncut pages, evil lurks. Terrible termites and incredible handiwork make up the carved oak. Legend has it that the world will die as quickly as it was born. By the hands of a silent and solo killer, his body stained an ugly red from the blood of it’s dead victims. He will murder again if one doesn’t stand up for what is write. Like a protector; shrouded in wooden mystery.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:53 pm »

I've fullclaimed, but again, my name is Rumpelstiltskin and I am a Thieving Inventor.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 05, 2013, 12:12:33 pm »

I think the only ones we are missing is Pingpongsam to claim Role and Flavor name, Mail-mi to claim flavor name, and Ashersky to claim QT-flavour (and role name? or is it flavour cop?)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 05, 2013, 12:34:43 pm »

I think the only ones we are missing is Pingpongsam to claim Role and Flavor name, Mail-mi to claim flavor name, and Ashersky to claim QT-flavour (and role name? or is it flavour cop?)

I'm Puss 'n Boots.

I think that we should leave chairs and ash alive for now. If one of them is scum, they'll POE themselves soon. X we should leave alive because he'll become an IC tomorrow. That means I'm left with vote: pps
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 05, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »

I'm Puss 'n Boots.

I think that we should leave chairs and ash alive for now. If one of them is scum, they'll POE themselves soon. X we should leave alive because he'll become an IC tomorrow. That means I'm left with vote: pps

Not that I'm not grateful, but why do you want to keep me alive?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 05, 2013, 12:44:30 pm »

I'm Puss 'n Boots.

Not that I'm not grateful, but why do you want to keep me alive?

Your claim makes sense. PPS has yet to claim.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 05, 2013, 12:52:46 pm »

vote: pingpongsam that's L-2

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 05, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »

It's L-1. mail-mi, you and me are now voting pps, and it takes 4 to lynch.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 05, 2013, 02:05:01 pm »

It's L-1. mail-mi, you and me are now voting pps, and it takes 4 to lynch.

Whoops, I was thinking 5 to lynch still.  Good catch!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »

I am perfectly fine with claim as I have promised all along to do so on D3.

However, before we do so I must announce that this specific game state very likely leaves me in direct control of whether we win today or not. If I claim I will forfeit this position. The real clincher to this is that I am the only one who can make the call today. It is almost a stroke of luck that the game state has arrived to put me in this position, my role and playing has not been to arrive at this point specifically.

So, does Town want to forfeit a power that can directly effect the outcome of the current game state? Bearing mind that the outcome will literally be 50/50 based on my own very unsure judgement? Once my role is exposed I will make just plain awful lynch because I will effectively be VT.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.