Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94097 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 3 [Day])
« Reply #825 on: December 04, 2013, 02:40:03 am »

chairs, ash, why did you both target one another instead of, say, pingpongsam or xerxes?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2013, 02:44:11 am »

By the way, I suppose scum targeted xeiron tonight and xerxes protected him. Which would make Jimmmmm a D1 target, following the poison theory.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 04, 2013, 08:00:13 am »

Okay, before either of you reveal your results, chairs, you need to claim your flavor name.

Didn't chairs say he couldn't use his power anymore once he has claimed?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2013, 08:40:48 am »

Okay, before either of you reveal your results, chairs, you need to claim your flavor name.
I agree with this. Get both claims out first, and then you can reveal your results afterwards.

Didn't chairs say he couldn't use his power anymore once he has claimed?

Yes, I think he did, and it sounds not very plausible, but very convenient for scum to claim.
Anyway, right now it is more important to find out who, if any, among Ashersky and Chairs is scum.
If town !Chairs loses his power, so that we can lynch scum !Ashersky, that would be a good deal.
The alternative is that we lynch chairs, and then he loses his power anyway.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:54 am »

Ashersky's flavor item returned was sheet music.  I don't see that fitting Robin Hood.

And I will accept that it's probably worth losing my cop-side power to provide Town more opportunity.  I am Rumplestiltskin.  Despite my bad reputation, I'm actually one of the good guys, helping people out of jams (though I take something in return if they can't guess my name - hence the thieving).

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:17 am »

chairs, ash, why did you both target one another instead of, say, pingpongsam or xerxes?

Ash felt like he was tunneling me and I didn't think 2 flavor cops made sense (as he similarly stated).

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 04, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

Ashersky's flavor item returned was sheet music.  I don't see that fitting Robin Hood.

And I will accept that it's probably worth losing my cop-side power to provide Town more opportunity.  I am Rumplestiltskin.  Despite my bad reputation, I'm actually one of the good guys, helping people out of jams (though I take something in return if they can't guess my name - hence the thieving).
This claim makes a lot of sense. I am still not sure I believe that you are town, but the rest is probably true.

I believe this flavor snip is about you:
"A skilled thief that comes without warning. The power of association is the only way to stop this criminal’s methods."

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:40 am »

Morgim flipped town but guess what, he wasn't a cop. I had a feeling he was lying which is why I was so willing to vote him. Well, he was lying... as Town, which is ridiculous. I much prefer to play scum so that I am not bound to the truth so I comprehend the impetus but to actually do it, well, kids, you see what happens. I suppose his last minute call to wait was to divulge that he had been lying but that was a catch-22.

Anyway, all that said, Morgrim wasn't our cop and I feel confident we do have a cop. I feel that there is certain scum between ashersky and chairs. ashersky did well yesterday but the shaking out of the night's results really lead me to believe chairs is the Town cop.

Vote: ashersky
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:09 am »

Agreed.

Vote: ashersky

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 04, 2013, 10:35:26 am »

That's L-1 on ashersky.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 04, 2013, 10:39:57 am »

Let's not lynch anybody before Ashersky can make his case against chairs.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:30 am »

That's L-1 on ashersky.

Oh, sorry, forgot there are so few of us left... better unvote for now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 04, 2013, 02:35:31 pm »

This claim makes a lot of sense. I am still not sure I believe that you are town, but the rest is probably true.

"A skilled thief that comes without warning. The power of association is the only way to stop this criminal’s methods."

No, it doesn't.  He's lying.  He spelled the name wrong, for one, as it is Rumpelstiltskin, not Rumplestiltskin.  Two, Rumpelstiltskin was not a thief at all.  He was a magic imp that did things for you in exchange for things.  No stealing, no "association."

This is a fake claim, probably his provided one.  My investigation returned the Pied Piper as our cop.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 04, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »

So our "cop" chairs is caught in a lie.  And he lures our children away with a pipe.  Villain!

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 04, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »

Right, so the QT flavor about thieving was entirely irrelevant to anyone's roles in the game then?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »

Right, so the QT flavor about thieving was entirely irrelevant to anyone's roles in the game then?

I am Robin Hood.  Not sure if that's what you are hoping for, though.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 04, 2013, 03:24:17 pm »

I agree that this is probably about me.

For reference, here's the full thing from my QT:

At the break of dawn
Promises are broken
Bright light from above
Illuminates the kingdom

Shows what’s hidden

Others are naked
And exposed
Others are dressed for success
Full investigations
Investigations unlike any other
That follow close behind

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 04, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »

Rumpelstiltskin is not a thief.  NOT A THIEF.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »

No, it doesn't.  He's lying.  He spelled the name wrong, for one, as it is Rumpelstiltskin, not Rumplestiltskin.  Two, Rumpelstiltskin was not a thief at all.  He was a magic imp that did things for you in exchange for things.  No stealing, no "association."

This is a fake claim, probably his provided one.  My investigation returned the Pied Piper as our cop.

I'm sorry that I misspelled my name; I didn't check my PM to make sure I typed it right.

The traditional Rumpelstiltskin story is as follows (tl;dr version): Girl has to spin gold out of wool.  Imp magically appears and says he can do this for her, but in return asks for her firstborn.  She agrees, but then begs for her child to stay with her when he comes to collect.  He offers her three days to guess his name, after which if he cannot he will take the child.  Hence the "thief" part of my power (taking something) and the "association" (unless you get my name right).  My power is that I can give someone a crystal ball or the golden touch - hence my supposition that a Midas-like character might be in the game.  Both are boons granted (1-shot powers) for a price in return (flavor item) unless my name is given to the moderator (yay Rumpelstiltskin flavor).

I'm actually intrigued that Ashersky would mention the Pied Piper - sheet music (which, as you'll recall, is what I got from him last night) would certainly fit a musical villain.  Is it that he's giving away his own role in an attempt to drop me?  It seems kind of risky, but I guess it'd be worthwhile if he still has a partner left...

also, in case I haven't (and since I know we're not at L-1) vote: ashersky.

Vote count please because I'm bad at keeping track?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 04, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

But he does give you something, expecting something in return.  And you can get out of giving him the return object by having his name.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 04, 2013, 03:37:11 pm »

I'm sorry that I misspelled my name; I didn't check my PM to make sure I typed it right.

The traditional Rumpelstiltskin story is as follows (tl;dr version): Girl has to spin gold out of wool.  Imp magically appears and says he can do this for her, but in return asks for her firstborn.  She agrees, but then begs for her child to stay with her when he comes to collect.  He offers her three days to guess his name, after which if he cannot he will take the child.  Hence the "thief" part of my power (taking something) and the "association" (unless you get my name right).  My power is that I can give someone a crystal ball or the golden touch - hence my supposition that a Midas-like character might be in the game.  Both are boons granted (1-shot powers) for a price in return (flavor item) unless my name is given to the moderator (yay Rumpelstiltskin flavor).

I'm actually intrigued that Ashersky would mention the Pied Piper - sheet music (which, as you'll recall, is what I got from him last night) would certainly fit a musical villain.  Is it that he's giving away his own role in an attempt to drop me?  It seems kind of risky, but I guess it'd be worthwhile if he still has a partner left...

also, in case I haven't (and since I know we're not at L-1) vote: ashersky.

Vote count please because I'm bad at keeping track?

Straight up scum lies.  Taking a baby after saying that, based on a binding contract, is not stealing.

Robin Hood has a band of merry men, dude.  Singing and music is integral.

Look, as former scum myself, I feel for you.  This game is skewed badly against scum, and provided fake claims do not line up with flavor (you know I'm not lying based on my previous experience).  The fact that your fake claim is a villain matches up with my previous life.

It sucks, but it's just a game.  Let it go, man.  You are caught scum, nothing to be done about it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 04, 2013, 03:38:35 pm »

But he does give you something, expecting something in return.  And you can get out of giving him the return object by having his name.

Which, again, has nothing to do with stealing.  Robin Hood fucking steals from the rich.  It's in his job description.  Rumpel is a magic imp that provides services for a fee.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 04, 2013, 03:43:51 pm »

From my QT:

All certainly could’ve be stopped a single golden touch.sic

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 04, 2013, 03:44:26 pm »

Does anyone have a Day-capable power right now?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 04, 2013, 05:38:04 pm »

If so, then this:

would be about you, then. And it says criminal.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.