Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94115 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 2 [Day])
« Reply #650 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »

Well, through POE, I'm either voting for you or PPS, which is where I'm trying hard not to be horribly stumped.  Neither of you has done anything that's screamed "OH GOD LYNCH ME".

vote: faust.  I think you're ever-so-slightly more likely to be scum than PPS.

Well, this is a reasonable vote, and if PPS is also town, then his power is likely more useful than mine. Still, it would be neat if I had another night at expense. I still need to write one letter... And of course I'd prefer to actually lynch scum.

Oh right, you're the mailman!  For some reason, even with the recent claim list, it slipped my mind as to how awesome that plan was.

vote: pingpongsam

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 26, 2013, 11:17:18 pm »

1. pingpongsam
5. mail-mi--IC
6. faust--Mail-miman, doesn't seem scummy, and has another night to be useful.
7. xeiron--Sleeping Beauty, already had malificent, so probably town.
8. XerxesPraelor
9. BoxOfDog--cleared by morgrim
10. Jimmmmm
11. Morgrim7--cop
12. chairs--almostcop

So it looks like my lynch pool is Jimmmmm, Xerxes, and PPS
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 27, 2013, 03:22:43 am »

Yes I am cop and I chose BoD cause he was scummy and looking like a good lynch. I wanted to confirm it. I'm keeping my vote on Jimmm for now....
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 27, 2013, 04:21:18 am »

Yes I am cop and I chose BoD cause he was scummy and looking like a good lynch. I wanted to confirm it. I'm keeping my vote on Jimmm for now....

So your role is just "Cop"? What is your flavor name?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 27, 2013, 12:52:41 pm »

Seconding that.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 27, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »

Some thoughts about the lynch pool.
Players not to lynch:

Xeiron - IC

Morgrim7 - Claimed cop. Should live for some days. We can try to decide whether he is lying or not at a later point when we have more results.

Chairs - Claimed flavor cop. Same as morgrim.

BoxofDog - Innocent by morgrim's cop result. Should no be lynched unless morgrim flip scum.

mail-mi - killed scum. Probably town.

pingpongsam - I had a scumread on him some time ago. I think he has been townier of late, so that gives me about a nullread on him. We lynched Ashersky, a stabile top poster, D1 and we are noticing the consequences. PPS have been the player doing most to keep activity up D1. I am afraid mislynching PPS will drop the activity level even further. While lynching him is bad, he will make a great cop target.

Xerxes - Claimed prince. I have no guarantees the prince is town, but I want to keep hm around, at least one more day, because of the interactions he have with me.

Players I could lynch.

Faust - claimed mailman. I think Faust have played pro-town, and seems to be using his role and flavor for scumhunting purposes. I have a town-read on faust, but I see no other reason not to lynch him. He has a decent chance of flipping scum, and a mislynch would not hurt much.

Jimmmmm - Has not been acting especially scummy, but upon re-reading I do not find anything that convinces me that he is town either. Neighbor with two scum. The theory of a all-scum neighborhood is a good one, and while it might not be true, I will remain suspicious of Jim because of that, until he flips, or we have a investigative result on him. My top lynch target.

Voltgloss - Absent, but is becoming scummier and scummier by POE. The only one remaining when almost everyone else seems to be town. Reasons to lynch him would be that a lynch would solve the issue of a inactive player if there is no replacement. And a missing mafia is also a possible explanation of the missing night-kill. The reason not to lynch him is that it would be a blind lynch, ie. He might have a important role, that we would recognize as be obvious bad if he had been here to claim.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 27, 2013, 01:41:49 pm »

I think we should consider a voltgloss lynch, actually.  I understand that real life gets in the way, but POE is leaving precious few people.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:43 pm »

I think at this stage Volt needs to either be modkilled or replaced. It's not really fair to us to just have him as a non-posting entity.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 27, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »

A replacement has been sought after since the beginning of Day 2. However, no one has been willing to swap in.

XerxesPraelor

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 27, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

I'm going to try a way I think will work to activate Xeiron's thing. I have a not-very-useful, possibly one-shot, night action to do it with.

I suspect morgrim and jimmm the most: I know claiming cop is kind of risky, but given that town already has a cop in chairs, and that a nerfed cop is more likely given all the roles we have here, morgrim is looking pretty suspicious. I don't want to lynch him now, though. A second copping result could be very helpful, so I'll wait a bit.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: November 27, 2013, 03:23:34 pm »

When Archetype said he had removed Voltgloss from the game "entirely" I interpreted that to mean that were he the only scum Town would have won and that if there were other scum and we killed all but Voltgloss we would win.  Thus, unless the mod indicates otherwise I think a Voltgloss lynch is the worst possible lynch.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:16 pm »

Voltgloss can still be lynched/targeted with night actions/etc. bu until he has been replaced he will be off of Vote Counts and can not use his own power.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 27, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »

ashersky has offered to replace Voltgloss and will be joining you all shortly.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »

ashersky has offered to replace Voltgloss and will be joining you all shortly.

Awesome! Thanks ash!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »

When Archetype said he had removed Voltgloss from the game "entirely" I interpreted that to mean that were he the only scum Town would have won and that if there were other scum and we killed all but Voltgloss we would win.  Thus, unless the mod indicates otherwise I think a Voltgloss lynch is the worst possible lynch.

If there is only one scum left, then I agree with you. But I think there is still two scum out there.
Then it is possible that Voltgloss is one of them.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2013, 04:36:16 pm »

I think ash taking Volt's spot is a good indication that Wolf ash didn't have any partners.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: November 27, 2013, 04:39:26 pm »

I think ash taking Volt's spot is a good indication that Wolf ash didn't have any partners.
I was thinking the same.
The other possibility is that Ash and Volt was scumpartners.
There is simply no way Ashersky would sub in as town if he had scumpartners still alive.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2013, 04:52:25 pm »

If there is only one scum left, then I agree with you. But I think there is still two scum out there.
Then it is possible that Voltgloss is one of them.

Yeah that's what I was saying. Voltgloss may be one but if he were entirely removed from the game and the game continues then there is another scum. At this point we have no information on Voltgloss so it is still bad lynch. We need a flip on someone active in the game for the information.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back!  On the winning side this time!

I was the only wolf, so I have no extra info.

vote: chairs until he can convince me there are multiple flavor cops in a set up like this.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:17 pm »

Pretty sure you shouldn't be saying this or using any information you gained when you were a wolf.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2013, 05:12:45 pm »

Pretty sure you shouldn't be saying this or using any information you gained when you were a wolf.

Discussed with arch.  I've actually asked that he mod confirm it.  To me, it is the only way I can fairly sub in.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »

Discussed with arch.  I've actually asked that he mod confirm it.  To me, it is the only way I can fairly sub in.

Ah ok cool. Obviously go by whatever Arch says.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: November 27, 2013, 05:34:13 pm »

For what it's worth, Morgrim's claim didn't feel like a fake one to me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2013, 05:37:14 pm »

Some thoughts about the lynch pool.
Players not to lynch:

Xeiron - IC

Morgrim7 - Claimed cop. Should live for some days. We can try to decide whether he is lying or not at a later point when we have more results.

Chairs - Claimed flavor cop. Same as morgrim.

BoxofDog - Innocent by morgrim's cop result. Should no be lynched unless morgrim flip scum.

mail-mi - killed scum. Probably town.

pingpongsam - I had a scumread on him some time ago. I think he has been townier of late, so that gives me about a nullread on him. We lynched Ashersky, a stabile top poster, D1 and we are noticing the consequences. PPS have been the player doing most to keep activity up D1. I am afraid mislynching PPS will drop the activity level even further. While lynching him is bad, he will make a great cop target.

Xerxes - Claimed prince. I have no guarantees the prince is town, but I want to keep hm around, at least one more day, because of the interactions he have with me.

Players I could lynch.

Faust - claimed mailman. I think Faust have played pro-town, and seems to be using his role and flavor for scumhunting purposes. I have a town-read on faust, but I see no other reason not to lynch him. He has a decent chance of flipping scum, and a mislynch would not hurt much.

Jimmmmm - Has not been acting especially scummy, but upon re-reading I do not find anything that convinces me that he is town either. Neighbor with two scum. The theory of a all-scum neighborhood is a good one, and while it might not be true, I will remain suspicious of Jim because of that, until he flips, or we have a investigative result on him. My top lynch target.

Voltgloss - Absent, but is becoming scummier and scummier by POE. The only one remaining when almost everyone else seems to be town. Reasons to lynch him would be that a lynch would solve the issue of a inactive player if there is no replacement. And a missing mafia is also a possible explanation of the missing night-kill. The reason not to lynch him is that it would be a blind lynch, ie. He might have a important role, that we would recognize as be obvious bad if he had been here to claim.

To break it down further:

Known, or possibly known town: xeiron, mail-mi, ashersky
Good chance of being town: Morgrim, BoxofDOG (or they are a team?)
Null:  PPS, xerxes, Jimmmmm (on Jimmmmm specifically, I think he's either definitely another scum faction and the Neighborhood with the Wolf and the Witch was a joint scum thing where no one knew they the other was scum; or he was the lone town in a dangerous forest)
Scummy: Faust, because mailman is more often a scum role; chairs, because I am pretty sure his claim is a lie.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: November 27, 2013, 06:03:53 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back!  On the winning side this time!

vote: chairs until he can convince me there are multiple flavor cops in a set up like this.

Morgrim claimed cop, not flavor cop, which I'd argue makes Morgrim actually more likely to be scum given that this is RMM.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.