Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42  All

Author Topic: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Game Over- Town Wins!)  (Read 94106 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 2 [Day])
« Reply #550 on: November 23, 2013, 07:37:06 am »

By the way, great shot, mail-mi. I didn't see this coming.

Right now, my preferred option is a lurker lynch. Our chances of hitting scum again are really low, and a lurker lynch is probably the best mislynch for us. (And who knows - it might hit scum.)

I also have some reason to believe that Jimmmmm is town. It's not super-strong, but better than nothing, so I won't jump that wagon.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 23, 2013, 08:37:32 am »

I also have some reason to believe that Jimmmmm is town. It's not super-strong, but better than nothing, so I won't jump that wagon.

Anything you can do to help that won't give too much away?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 23, 2013, 09:16:01 am »

Considering these things barely move on the weekend and then there will be very limited posting for Thanksgiving we are looking at Monday/Tuesday for any real action.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:31 am »

Anything you can do to help that won't give too much away?

Well, I think I have an idea what your role might be, based on my clue. But it's maybe better not to out this.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 23, 2013, 09:18:16 am »

Is anyone's role related to being a king or the son of a king?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: November 23, 2013, 11:49:42 am »

Well done, mail-mi!

It is natural to look closer at Jimm after EFHW flipped scum, but I am not convinced he is a good lynch.
I would expect that the people in a neighborhood does not know eachother's alignment. If I am right it would mean that Jimm is either town or a third scumfaction.
Three scumfactions sounds a little too much for me. At least three possible nightkills sounds too much, so if there are more factions, there are probably factions without a (full) nightkill.
I think it is more probable that Jimm is town.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:01 am »

Right, I don't think EFHW had NK ability. Scum doesn't necessarily have to be NK capable.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 23, 2013, 11:54:40 am »

Also, at this point, it is most probable that any 1 person is Town. Hell, practically all setups with everyone alive it is most probable that any 1 person is town. To say that it is most probable that Jimmmmm is town is stating the obvious. The probability of a mislynch is much higher as scum dies. The probability that 2 scum are dead on D2 with no N1 NK is the notable improbability that came to fruition.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 23, 2013, 06:51:31 pm »

You are right probability is against us today. That is the downside of doing well. I still wouldn't lynch jimm. I think a boxed lunch would be better.

Resons to lynch boxofdog.
I have had a townread on him in all other games i remember him playing in. I do not in this game.
He seems to have problems with stating independent reads.  As in the I-am-scum-and-thus-know-all-alignments-and-have-trouble-with-faking-reads-so-I-rather-give-as-few-as-possible way. He has so far stated scumreads on faust and voltgloss, but without a explanation.
He jumps on the easy wagons. Ashersky D1, and Jimm D2.

Vote: BoxofDog

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 23, 2013, 06:59:44 pm »

Well, I find it hard to separate scum behaviour from typical BoxOfDOG behaviour (and he hasn't been scum yet, so I don't know how he would play then). But yeah, his playstyle is rather anti-town, so even if he is a mislynch, he's probably among the better ones.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 23, 2013, 07:20:48 pm »

Why not xerxes or morgrim?

They don't seem to be contributing and are wagon jumping.

What makes Box a better lunch than those 2?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 23, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

Well...for one, BoxofDog is confirmed town to me, cause I copped him.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2013, 10:06:39 pm »

So you're a Cop? You get Town/non-Town results? Why did you choose to investigate Box?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 24, 2013, 01:47:51 am »

So you're a Cop? You get Town/non-Town results? Why did you choose to investigate Box?

+1, would ask for details again.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 24, 2013, 02:08:43 am »

+1, would ask for details again.

Sorry what?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 24, 2013, 02:46:57 am »

Why not xerxes or morgrim?

They don't seem to be contributing and are wagon jumping.

What makes Box a better lunch than those 2?

I chose Box, because I have developed a scumread on him of late. I am null on morgrim (+some townpoints for the copclaim) and have a slight townread on xerxes from D1.
Of course, the copclaim changes things, and now I will not lynch box unless morgrim flip not-cop.
unvote:

Also noticed in the rules that prods are not issued automaticly. Can we have a prod on Voltgloss?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM11: A Grimm Tale (Chapter 1 [Day])
« Reply #566 on: November 24, 2013, 05:33:11 am »

With the Cop claim, I think I'll unvote. The claim seems a little strange to come now, but alright, if Morgrim is still alive tomorrow, we can deal with that.

So I tried to find another feasible lynch. I still think we should rather target lurking players. So Voltgloss I'll leave out because of the replacement request. I reread chairs, and something caught my attention:

What alignment are you claiming here?

This is chairs' reaction to ashersky's claim. Now we know that this is some sort of multi-ball setup. Maybe chairs is scum who doesn't know who his partners are? Good enough to vote: chairs, because why would town ask this?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 24, 2013, 05:38:01 am »

I'll sheep that.
vote: chairs.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 24, 2013, 05:50:31 am »

I thought chairs' was a reasonable question. ash's claim was confusing.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 24, 2013, 09:10:58 am »

/// Voltgloss - being replaced. Could possibly be scum and we are all deciding which of our town selves to kill because scum isn't actually present ///

The following list is ordered from Towny to Scummy on my radar:

mail-mi - I'm reserving him Town status for now. His play was definitely pro-town but it doesn't earn IC.

Jimmmmm - Pro-town play all around. Jimmmmm was onto both EFHW and ashersky which is exceptionally good play regardless of his alignment.  I will allow that he isn't Witch or Wof aligned. He could easily be Mafia. I am my most pro-town when I am scum precisely because I know where I can be and how to avoid looking scummy.

XerxesPraelor - well, this guy is not putting much out there to work with. He's staying off wagons entirely. He's definitely more interested in defending self than scum hunting. He's a noob at the game so I cut him lots of slack. There has been a clue that corresponds with something in my QT that suggests he may be friend. Otherwise I'd have him ranked far lower. The clue is not something I feel comfortable revealing today. Basedon the current game state I think tomorrow may be appropriate. Without the clue I'd vote him to pressure something out of him. So, xerxes, if you're reading this start talking.

chairs - what meta I have on mafia!chairs is that he loves to be on a wagon. chairs sheeped me on Jimmmmm early but I beleive he saw a scumslip same as I. He was rightly on ashersky,everyone but a Wolf was rightly on ashersky. His question about his alignment was perfectly sound and in line with garnering information for Town. Mafia would know quite well that ashersky wasn't Mafia. If chairs is scum then Jimmmmm is town thus the ordering.

Morgrim7 - ah, morgrim.... wtf. This guy is the archetypical wild-card. He's the proverbial box-of-chocolates. The cop-claim. Holy hell, claiming cop while under zero pressure to do so?! If I had copped someone as clean in RMM I would consider my read with a grain of salt. I'd also make some kind of defense that didn't outright broadcast arguably the strongest possible Town role. But, I'm not Morgrim and I can see Morgrim nonchalantly claiming cop just for the fun of it. The claim protonates an otherwise null read which is what I generally have on Morgrim. It's a great scum ploy if you're scum, Morgrim. I'm not sure that if I were the doctor I'd follow you right now, I think your claim was entirely premature.

faust - faust is always on the critical side as Town. questions everything and everyone regardless. he develops independent reads and sticks with them even when other wagons are forming. Made a believable claim that is evidenced to be true. I had actually categorized faust as likely scum ranked lower when I started this list but upon research he fits his meta. I'll give him more of a null read at this juncture.

xeiron - I am very uneasy here. There seems to be some genuine scum-hunting. But look, if there are multiple scum factions then those factions are definitely scum-hunting too. If there is a Mafia then they are in just as good of shape as Town right now. If xeiron were say, EFHW's witch partner (and I believe that a Watcher role would require a partner) then his scum-hunting is not necessarily in Town's best interests. xeiron and faust seem to be attached at the hip in how they are voting and analyzing the game. I could see them being a scum pair except the mailman bit contradicts them having a shared QT.

BoxOfDog - I've only seen Box as town. He looks just like town box. meta aside, he strikes me as a liability to his alignment regardless of his alignment. thus, if he is town he is a liability to me and losing him isn't a big deal. If he is not Town then I want him dead. I really want to see this guy step up his game someday. His current style makes him an easy lynch any day by any alignment. He reminds me of early Morgrim not in style but just in the sense that he is the easy lynch for being a liability.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:14 am »

Jimmmmm - Pro-town play all around. Jimmmmm was onto both EFHW and ashersky which is exceptionally good play regardless of his alignment.  I will allow that he isn't Witch or Wof aligned. He could easily be Mafia. I am my most pro-town when I am scum precisely because I know where I can be and how to avoid looking scummy.

If you mean I thought they were both scum, I definitely didn't think EFHW was scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 24, 2013, 09:15:56 am »

No, but when I read your interactions you certainly are not protecting her and are playing pro-town game. Me, I read as her town and left her alone entirely. I would be an easy read as her partner. I will note that she intelligently side-stepped the calls for her to be shot by mail-mi. Kudos again to mail-mi for reading that right.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18:01 am »

Since Box is the easy lynch and I read faust as Townier than xeiron and faust actually put a reason behind his Box vote while xeiron outright sheeped it I Vote: xeiron.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18:51 am »

I already had one vote overlooked this game so let me put that where the mod is more likely to see it.

Vote: xeiron

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 24, 2013, 10:29:49 am »

Is anyone's role related to being a king or the son of a king?
Mine is not.
I think everybody should answer this question.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.