Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: A very strange kingdom/setup  (Read 15671 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: A very strange kingdom/setup
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »

It's actually rather nice how this setup avoids many of the overpowered or otherwise annoying cards - no Goons, Mountebank, Rebuild, Possession or Scrying Pool, and most importantly:

NO SCOUT.

Ooh, Chancellor/Scavenger+Stash could work ...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 10:47:12 pm »

So it would seem that we're using only Alchemy, Prosperity, Hinterlands, and Dark Ages. Unless you call "Dominion" just "base set."

There's several possible fast combos to go for here, though. Ironworks/Gardens is available, as is Native Village/Bridge. But Witch will probably slow those down, and since Baker is available, everyone can open Witch. But with Ambassador around, perhaps Curses aren't so good anyway. You could always go Big Money, of course. But then again, while you can get a Jack of All Trades, you can't go Double Jack.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »
+1

I am so confused.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 11:16:08 pm »

I am so confused.

Here's all the Cards from the base set that aren't included:
Moat
Woodcutter
Bureaucrat
Feast
Militia
Thief
Throne Room
Council Room

The rest of the cards from the base set are included. It's a really big Kingdom.

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 02:18:25 pm »
+2

Baker doesn't help because coin tokens aren't available.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 02:58:55 pm »

Baker doesn't help because coin tokens aren't available.

Guess Pirate Ship is a bad choice too!

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »

I am so confused.

That's the two of us.
Idon't even understand WHAT i'm looking for...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »

I am so confused.

That's the two of us.
Idon't even understand WHAT i'm looking for...

The point of the game is to figure out what to look for.  Maybe an example would help.

A completely unrelated game of Dominion features Silver and Gold, but not Copper.  There's Scavenger, but not Chancellor.  You can play with Steward and Mandarin, but not Chapel or Count.  Platinum might be available, but not Colony.

Got it yet?

Solution: The game has every card except for those that start with the letter C.

TheMirrorMan

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »

Maybe Bureaucrat is still in there ... Depends on how you look at it.

Mail-mi : I can most certainly understand your frustration, I was looking at this too going : whaaaaat ? Then it suddenly hit me.

Although we do not have king's court nor council room, we can still use procession.
Here comes the mirror man. Says he's a people fan.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »

Mail-mi : I can most certainly understand your frustration, I was looking at this too going : whaaaaat ? Then it suddenly hit me.

Although we do not have king's court nor council room, we can still use procession.

I think you may have it wrong; neither Procession nor Bureaucrat are available in this kingdom.

In fact, King's Court, Throne Room, Procession, and Counterfeit are all missing, so I hope you didn't want to double anything.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 01:07:27 pm »

I think you may have it wrong; neither Procession nor Bureaucrat are available in this kingdom.

In fact, King's Court, Throne Room, Procession, and Counterfeit are all missing, so I hope you didn't want to double anything.

Golem is still there. He's close enough to doubling something, right?

Also its a little weird how there aren't any Young Witches but there are some normal Witches. I guess they moved in after growing up?

The real question is: are Envoy and Highway in the kingdom?  =)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 01:09:25 pm »
+1

The real question is: are Envoy and Highway in the kingdom?  =)

Sometimes.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 01:12:08 pm »
+1

I always vaguely feel like these games should be played more like Zendo, with turns and guessing and the like.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »
+2

What hit you? Are you okay?!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

Bureaucrat is arguably allowed. You can actually interpret the rule that way, at least from what is given in the OP. Not sure if there are other cards in the same class as Bureaucrat...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:56 pm »

Bureaucrat is arguably allowed. You can actually interpret the rule that way, at least from what is given in the OP. Not sure if there are other cards in the same class as Bureaucrat...

Indeed, it's a fair argument, though I wouldn't have intended Bureaucrat to be in the set.

Actually, if you wanted, you could argue that Menagerie and Oasis, and to a lesser extent Sea Hag, are in the Kingdom also, with a slightly different interpretation of the OP.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:25:30 pm by GendoIkari »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 03:17:35 pm »

Indeed, it's a fair argument, though I wouldn't have intended Bureaucrat to be in the set.

Actually, if you wanted, you could argue that Menagerie and Oasis, and to a lesser extent Sea Hag, are in the Kingdom also, with a slightly different interpretation of the OP.

I think Menagerie, Oasis and Sea Hag are all out because you also ruled out Potions in the OP.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

I think Menagerie, Oasis and Sea Hag are all out because you also ruled out Potions in the OP.

Colonies and Reactions as well.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:45 pm »
+2

Moat?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 06:32:27 pm »

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 01:33:14 am »

Not sure what you're thinking of....

I'm saying that the rule in the OP could technically be thought of as "no consonant-vowel-vowel-consonant pattern anywhere in the word". In other words, all the things I ruled out had consecutive vowels in between 2 consonants.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 08:55:51 pm »

I still don't understand how this forms a kingdom.
Well you *do* need a signature...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »

Not sure what you're thinking of....

I'm saying that the rule in the OP could technically be thought of as "no consonant-vowel-vowel-consonant pattern anywhere in the word". In other words, all the things I ruled out had consecutive vowels in between 2 consonants.

Even odd consecutives?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.