Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Attention-whoring thread.... I did it!!  (Read 45581 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Re: Attention-whoring thread.... I did it!!
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2016, 10:27:21 am »
+1

I matched with some random online who asked whether I played with Qvist as the first thing, and who then said that he was going to lose very badly (he disconnected during the first game, so we never found out). Thanks to Qvist recording our match in the Dominion League, I am now a little Dominion-famous, apparently  ;D

Qvist is the biggest Dominion YouTuber at 386, with AdamH close behind at 356. Still, cool that people are watching. Qvist is a cool cucumber.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2016, 12:40:05 pm »
+2

Qvist is the biggest Dominion YouTuber at 386, with AdamH close behind at 356. Still, cool that people are watching. Qvist is a cool cucumber.

You forgot some pretty important youtube dominion people. Me, for example. I don't remember an exact number of subscribers, but I think it was 2   .

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2016, 12:45:50 pm »

Also, you forgot WW, who is the Elvis of youtube dominion and beats everyone else

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2016, 12:47:32 pm »

You forgot some pretty important youtube dominion people. Me, for example. I don't remember an exact number of subscribers, but I think it was 2   .

6 now. WanderingWinder has the most, wouldn't you know it. 434. Nice.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2016, 07:57:47 am »
+5

After ending my years long bot-only self-inflicted reclusion, since the beginning of april I went from iso level -8 to level 41, after a short lucky winning streak yesterday. With exams incoming, I guess this will be the peak of my Dominion career for at least the next few months.
Still, the biggest satisfaction I got from this exploit was skyrocketing up the leaderboard to level 35 in the first week or so.  ;D
Playing against bots isn't as useless as many paint it. *gloat*
(reading f:ds is just as useful as they paint it, though, or maybe more)
:)

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2016, 09:25:58 am »
+1

After ending my years long bot-only self-inflicted reclusion, since the beginning of april I went from iso level -8 to level 41, after a short lucky winning streak yesterday. With exams incoming, I guess this will be the peak of my Dominion career for at least the next few months.
Still, the biggest satisfaction I got from this exploit was skyrocketing up the leaderboard to level 35 in the first week or so.  ;D
(reading f:ds is just as useful as they paint it, though, or maybe more)
:)
I never play bots (level 48 or so)

I fail to see your point, sorry.

Edit: ok, let me clarify a bit here.
Often you see comments around here saying that by playing bots you won't ever become even a slightly-better-than-mediocre player, while my experience was that my bot-trained skills took me way higher than I expected (I thought I would be around 20 or so).
So, nice surprise for me here, small achievement compared to yours and to the achevements of most f:dsers.
It was a nice month, and playing with people required (and made me start to develop) a much deeper understanding of the game, which I would never acquire against bots, no argument there. Still, I thought I would share this here since I'm most likely to stop playing for a while.

I never said that bots are necessary to learn how to play, and I'm aware that there are lots of players who are much better than me, even though maybe my post didn't read that way. So, sorry for the gloating tone, but it's the attention whoring thread, after all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:50:00 am by Accatitippi »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2016, 10:27:24 am »

Now that you've stopped playing bots, you'll get a lot better as a player.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2016, 10:36:11 am »
+19

I play most of my games against bots, I guess I must be terrible at Dominion. Even typing that sentence I could feel my skill just draining away.

Accatitippi, I wouldn't pay any attention to these guys, and I certainly wouldn't apologize to them.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2016, 10:41:52 am »

I play most of my games against bots, I guess I must be terrible at Dominion. Even typing that sentence I could feel my skill just draining away.

Accatitippi, I wouldn't pay any attention to these guys, and I certainly wouldn't apologize to them.

The difference being that you already know how to play on a god level.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2016, 12:25:37 pm »
+8

Bots are a good way to learn new cards

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2016, 01:14:32 pm »
+5

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160522/log.0.1463947113465.txt

---------- hughieg1230: turn 7 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Trusty Steed

---------- hughieg1230: turn 9 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Followers

---------- hughieg1230: turn 10 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Princess

---------- hughieg1230: turn 12 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Bag of Gold

------------ Game Over ------------
1st place: Dingan
2nd place: hughieg1230

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2016, 06:10:18 pm »
+1

Bots are a good way to learn new cards

The bots' main point of attraction for me is being able to play as slow as I wish, while having no dead times during the opponents' turn. Plus, my very first interactions with random players on iso and then on Goko had been far from positive, so I wasn't exactly eager to try that again. :)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2016, 07:38:17 am »
+6

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160522/log.0.1463947113465.txt

---------- hughieg1230: turn 7 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Trusty Steed

---------- hughieg1230: turn 9 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Followers

---------- hughieg1230: turn 10 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Princess

---------- hughieg1230: turn 12 ----------
hughieg1230 - gains Bag of Gold

2nd place: hughieg1230

He should've gotten a Diadem instead all of that crap!

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2016, 08:10:13 pm »
+3

Into the top 100...

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »
+1

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160602/log.0.1464831538428.txt

Lost the GM split 8-2, but ended up winning.  Distant Lands, man.  It's better than I thought.  And Coin of the Realm.  Swamp Hag helped me too here.

EDIT: I also realized in this game that Storyteller/CotR has a synergy, because you can call the CotR on the same turn you played it.  Guess you could say the same about Black Market.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:55:46 pm by Dingan »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2016, 03:55:16 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160602/log.0.1464831538428.txt

Lost the GM split 8-2, but ended up winning.  Distant Lands, man.  It's better than I thought.  And Coin of the Realm.  Swamp Hag helped me too here.

Swamp Hag sort of negates the losing Grand Market split. There's no real draw, so I'm actually surprised you won while losing the Grand Market split that badly. Distant Lands is fantastic for the price if you can get to playing them. Your opponent also didn't go for Coin of the Realm, or really hard for Swamp Hag. He blew his lead, and you exploited the crap out of it. Nice win. :)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2016, 01:35:15 pm »
+6

I made it to top10 on Iso!

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2016, 01:44:44 pm »
+3

I made it to top10 on Iso!

Holy crap I play a lot.

*Questions life decisions...*

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2016, 12:29:53 pm »
+2

Carry on, I just had to brag about this one..

---------- Mic Qsenoch: turn 9 ----------
Mic Qsenoch - plays Tournament
Mic Qsenoch - gains Followers

2nd place: Mic Qsenoch

(I basically just got really lucky with Remodel+Gold on 3 of my last 4 turns.)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2016, 01:09:00 pm »
+1

Carry on, I just had to brag about this one..

---------- Mic Qsenoch: turn 9 ----------
Mic Qsenoch - plays Tournament
Mic Qsenoch - gains Followers

2nd place: Mic Qsenoch

(I basically just got really lucky with Remodel+Gold on 3 of my last 4 turns.)

Well as you pointed out after the game, me not using Duplicate with Princess was super stupid. I quite expected to win Steed as well, but the shuffles after I got Followers were pretty unkind, particularly T11, I even behaved myself and had lots of Ports.

And a pretty strong case can be made that I should have gotten Trusty Steed first anyway, Followers is more of a self-junker on this board with the Moats around. You getting Followers isn't that damaging to me as you'll only play it every once in a while and I'll have lots of Moats. Steed is more helpful for getting Followers than Followers is for getting Steed. I did want that discard attack though.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:25:26 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »
+6

I did it! I broke my previous record! I'm now at 4584, an all-time low! I have never been below 4600 since I started playing on Goko in May 2013.

I made a chart in Excel, and I've been on a general losing streak since March 2015... Still waiting for it to end. Sometimes I wonder why I play Dominion online. In theory, I love the game. I keep thinking, it has to turn around at some point... right? Sometimes I have some okay days, but then it's followed by days of even more losing. I feel like my correct rating is somewhere in 5500-6000, that's where I was before the losing streak.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2016, 09:05:12 pm »

I did it! I broke my previous record! I'm now at 4584, an all-time low! I have never been below 4600 since I started playing on Goko in May 2013.

I made a chart in Excel, and I've been on a general losing streak since March 2015... Still waiting for it to end. Sometimes I wonder why I play Dominion online. In theory, I love the game. I keep thinking, it has to turn around at some point... right? Sometimes I have some okay days, but then it's followed by days of even more losing. I feel like my correct rating is somewhere in 5500-6000, that's where I was before the losing streak.

I feel like in my prime, I am a 5000 player, but I lose too often due to careless mistakes. I should play like every game is my last. :P So should you. You're not playing careful enough I wager.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2016, 04:22:05 pm »

I feel like in my prime, I am a 5000 player, but I lose too often due to careless mistakes. I should play like every game is my last. :P So should you. You're not playing careful enough I wager.
Making fun and goko's ratings aren't consistent with each other.

AdrianHealey

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

I leave to many games to really care much about my rating.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2016, 03:03:53 pm »

After gradually climbing a little bit, I now broke my previous low record. I'm at 4560. I think I'm playing as carefully and as well as I can. I make silly mistakes sometimes, sure, but not more than my opponents. Of today's 4 games, the only one I won was when I chose the superior strategy. The others were mirrors. I generally lose mirrors. To me it seems like shuffle luck 80% of the time that happens, sometimes horrible shuffle luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.