Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Non-mafia Games Awards 2013 - The Categories  (Read 1305 times)

Tables

• Board Moderator
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Non-mafia Games Awards 2013 - The Categories
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:32 pm »
+1

After some discussion, we've decided to hold an Awards ceremony for the Non-Mafia games in addition to the Mafia games awards that were already ongoing. I've stepped up as the organiser for this, because my moderator application was so strong nobody else seemed interested and I'm pretty involved in the Non-Mafia forum games, so hopefully I can run a smooth, exciting set of awards.

But of course, no awards ceremony would be complete without some categories to nominate people for. I'm mostly going to try and follow the schedule Ashersky sets out for the mafia awards, which means these are currently just categories, and nominations are not yet open, however suggestions for additions or alterations to the awards will certainly be considered.

Game-based categories
Non-Mafia Game of the year
Best conversion into PBF format
Best game Flavour
Best in-game moment
Mod of the year

Player-based categories
Best play/action of the year
Best player performance in a single game
Most enjoyable gamer
Non-Mafia player of the year

As no Non-Mafia games awards have ever been given, all games in the Non-Mafia games section which have ended by the time Nominations open will be eligible.

The topic categories will be explained in more detail later on, but here's a brief description of each award currently:

Game-based categories
Non-Mafia Game of the year - The overall most entertaining, enjoyable or otherwise interesting game which has been played.
Best conversion into PBF format - The game whose PBF conversion is overall the most enjoyable, well made, well presented etc.
Best game Flavour - The game which had the best flavour beyond any generic flavour given by the game.
Best in-game moment - A single instance, or short series of instances, which was a real highlight of the Non-Mafia games over the year, for whatever reason.
Mod of the year - The mod who has overall done the best job of running games this year.

Player-based categories
Best play/action of the year - An action or short sequence of actions taken by a player which was notably impressive.
Best player performance in a single game - Which player really stood out among the crowd in a single game due to their play?
Most enjoyable gamer - The gamer who makes games the most enjoyable, perhaps due to being a good sport, entertaining posts or other reasons.
Non-Mafia player of the year - The gamer who has really excelled in their games during this year, and really stood out for their play.

Finally, as a reminder: Nothing here is set in stone. By suggestion, things can and will be changed.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:50:05 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
Re: Non-mafia Games Awards 2013 - The Categories
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »
+1

I think Coup wins 'Best conversion into PBF format'.

Tables

• Board Moderator
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
Re: Non-mafia Games Awards 2013 - The Categories
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:58 pm »

I'll open up nominations for Non-mafia games shortly - following Ashersky's format for the mafia games, more or less. Feel free to start thinking about things!
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.