Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: GokoDom II: Round 6 *RESULTS ONLY*  (Read 17346 times)

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
Re: GokoDom II: Round 6 *RESULTS ONLY*
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2013, 09:19:51 am »
+4

Fabian?  RTT?  MarkowKette?  HiveMindEmulator?

Please tell me I'm not going to have to scratch several highly-rated players and DQ them from next season??
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2013, 04:48:24 pm »

Please tell me I'm not going to have to scratch several highly-rated players and DQ them from next season??
You don't HAVE to do anything, benevolent dictator.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2013, 04:57:12 pm »

You don't HAVE to do anything, benevolent dictator.

Lol, true enough.

Pairings will be up this evening.  Remember that this is the last round, so you have two weeks to finish matches.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 04:52:54 am »

Hi i mailed Fabian once and he answered that he has a uncertain schedule this week but might have some time tonight if im around( 19.9). If i remember correctly i was online this day until 22.30 but he wasnt online.   since then I dindt wrote him any messages but i looked for him beeing online in the forum every day and a lot. though he wasnt and he didnt wrote me a message as well.

I guess thats a tie

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2013, 08:46:48 am »

Pairings are now up.  For the sake of simplicity, Fabian, RTT, Markowkette and HME are all paired with each other again!  (I received posts or PMs about their matches).

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2013, 06:47:15 pm »

Hi i mailed Fabian once and he answered that he has a uncertain schedule this week but might have some time tonight if im around( 19.9). If i remember correctly i was online this day until 22.30 but he wasnt online.   since then I dindt wrote him any messages but i looked for him beeing online in the forum every day and a lot. though he wasnt and he didnt wrote me a message as well.

I guess thats a tie

...you looked for me online but you never replied to my message? I figured you had forgotten about it or something.

Anyway I'm fine with a concession of whatever, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I was DQed out of future events because of this.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2013, 08:59:26 pm »
+4

I guess thats a tie

...you looked for me online but you never replied to my message? I figured you had forgotten about it or something.

Anyway I'm fine with a concession of whatever, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I was DQed out of future events because of this.

I'm not going to DQ you, as I at least heard something about each of the two matches prior to setting up the pairings, but straight from the rules:

----
I.D. During the round, paired opponents must determine a mutually agreeable time to play their match.  If such a time cannot be determined, the players must send the TO a private message to this effect by the end of the round.

V.B. Dropouts

1. If you fail to appear for a match and do not PM the TO, you will be removed from the tournament (and will be asked to sit out the following season).
----

Neither of you sent me a PM at any time.  Therefore, no one notified me that the match was not scheduled.  No result was posted.  Therefore, neither player showed up for the match.  Therefore, both players are technically subject to V.B.1.  (This was the case for three matches this round.)

The entire reason there's a DQ rule at all is so I don't have to have this conversation at the end of every single round.  Someone who is committed to playing the full tournament should not be disappearing without at least sending me a PM.  One high-level player did exactly that; he dropped out by PM (and importantly well before that week's results were due), and I have no problem with that.  Not playing matches without notice, though, makes things really tough on me posting pairings in a timely fashion.  The other players can't be expected to wait until Wednesday.

In any case, next season's rules will be even more specific about deadlines to schedule matches, as well as deadlines to play.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 10:01:08 pm »

IMPORTANT:
I've PM'ed Kirian about it, but pairings might be off, considering that SirSlugma is playing both me and SheCantSayNo.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 10:05:06 pm »
+1

IMPORTANT:
I've PM'ed Kirian about it, but pairings might be off, considering that SirSlugma is playing both me and SheCantSayNo.

I think you're looking at the wrong spreadsheet.  None of the three of you are up against any of the others.

Kirian

• Board Moderator
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 10:06:13 pm »
+1

Also, when I have a properly working computer again, I'll actually post the real threads.  Right now I'm dealing with safe mode and memory checkers, and doing copy and paste from a tablet is really really annoying.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »

IMPORTANT:

I think you're looking at the wrong spreadsheet.  None of the three of you are up against any of the others.
Well, I feel stupid. They are playing eachother, but I'm against DG. Thanks.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 12:58:10 pm »

Sorry, I thought MarkowKette PMed you. We couldn't find a time, and figured since it's the last round it doesn't matter if we're delayed (non-playoffs anyway). We finished this morning.

HiveMindEmulator 3:3 MarkowKette

M http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130925/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380148375703.txt
M http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130925/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380150087828.txt
H http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130925/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380150690669.txt
H http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130925/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380151377975.txt
H http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130926/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380212698039.txt
M http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130926/log.5135b68ce4b07f4f52107e0e.1380213724241.txt

EDIT: Apparently there is one more round, so I was misinformed. I apologize for any trouble caused. The conversation with Markow was that I thought we couldn't find a time so we should take a draw. Markow said since it's the last round anyway, she'll just PM you to let us do it late since it doesn't affect anything. I didn't mean to hold anyone else up, so again, I'm sorry for that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 01:04:03 pm by HiveMindEmulator »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.