Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11  All

Author Topic: Start A Conversation!  (Read 56444 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
Re: Start A Conversation!
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 11:35:50 am »

I'm horrible at drawing.  If I am trying to copy an exact picture, I can do okay (I've done the Mandelbrot Set and the Torturer like that).
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2013, 12:01:55 pm »

I am better at drawing than I thought. I guess I just need focus.

In high school, I drew crappy fantasy elements. I never focused on anything natural.

I took a design class (which was really drawing in disguise). I did pretty decently. I had to draw popcorn. That's a bitch to do. Mine was not spectacular, but I was amazed at how much my drawing of popcorn actually looked like popcorn.
A man has no signature

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2013, 12:04:39 pm »

In high school, I drew crappy fantasy elements. I never focused on anything natural.

I took a design class (which was really drawing in disguise). I did pretty decently. I had to draw popcorn. That's a bitch to do. Mine was not spectacular, but I was amazed at how much my drawing of popcorn actually looked like popcorn.

Oh, you drew Mine?  But not Mint, I guess...

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2013, 01:02:24 pm »

Oh, you drew Mine?  But not Mint, I guess...
I wonder if it is in.. Mint condition?

:3
But it sounds like a complicated (and boring) process of drawing, translating into a computer, drawing it again with the general lines, coloring, and shading. I'm always pushed to do color, but I work better with normal pencil by a very large margin.
It's frustrating to have someone forcing you to do something you're not good at, have no intention of doing, and don't want to do xD
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 07:21:33 am »

I always liked drawing, but i'm horrible at drawing real people, or at least i don't like doing it. I'm more into a personal style, which is a mish-mash of Bande Dessinée, japanese Manga and German Expressionism. Now that i think about it, that sounds really weird... People tell me i'm good at drawing, though.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 06:57:45 pm »

I tend to think of myself as decent at drawing. I mostly just copy pictures and can rarely draw something purely from my imagination.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 08:52:17 pm »

I always liked drawing, but i'm horrible at drawing real people, or at least i don't like doing it. I'm more into a personal style, which is a mish-mash of Bande Dessinée, japanese Manga and German Expressionism. Now that i think about it, that sounds really weird... People tell me i'm good at drawing, though.

What exactly do you mean by BD ? (they are more than one style of BD that I would consider representative).

I suck at drawing. Big time. Not for the lack of trying.
I am  huge comic fan (in all shapes, sizes and geographical/cultural origin) so I am pretty good at criticizing or drooling over other people's drawings.

Edit: That being said, I think Brian Bolland is the best guy in the drawing business right now. Sad thing is that he draws very, very little :'(
Though, my personal favorites are cartoony artists, i.e. Darwyn Cooke, Bruce Timm, TheMico, Boulet.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:23:10 pm by Grujah »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48:15 pm »

I suck at drawing. Big time. Not for the lack of trying.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 11:50:40 pm »

I'm good at engineering drawings!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 02:24:31 am »

I did do a pretty good drawing at Christmas one time, for secret santas.  You know, putting the names into the hat...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 02:25:50 am »

I did do a pretty good drawing at Christmas one time, for secret santas.  You know, putting the names into the hat...

We usually just write our names, but that sounds fun. ;)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 07:03:48 am »

What exactly do you mean by BD ? (they are more than one style of BD that I would consider representative).

The classics, mostly. Especially Franquin, and also Peyo, Morris, Tabary... Not Herge, though.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 07:20:36 am »

all my drawing is research related and involves just dots and lines.  Still I fret quite a bit over how best to arrange them.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2013, 03:55:20 pm »

Sorry there! I was rather indisposed with different things.

Day 3!
~Video Games~

I'm sure this is a topic most of us can love and enjoy.
Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play a single one today, with being so busy.

Ah well! Get chatting.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:30:39 pm by BoxOfDOG »
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2013, 04:04:12 pm »

I picked up Arkham Asylum for $16. I figured it would be worth it from what I've heard. And I normally hate first-person shooters on the PS3, but Arkham* is different.

It's a little awkward in that I played Arkham City first, but it's still good. It's been long enough that I don't expect the new gadgets. It's not like I'd be going back to Grand Theft Auto III where you can't fire your gun at something in front of your car.

But for the past several months, the game I've been playing most is Marvel: Avengers Assemble on Facebook. A freakin' free game (though I did donate $20 to it, since I've made good use of it). And when I finish Arkham Asylum, I'll go back to MAA.
A man has no signature

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2013, 04:17:50 pm »

GTA V has had a great effect on my social life. I used to have a friend or friends over almost every night.. now I've had someone over literally every night.
This though:

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2013, 04:48:48 pm »

I just finished playing Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs today, and man, it was awesome! Definitely worth the wait, and I'm also glad they didn't release it earlier because it might have been too much for me to handle at a younger age (on so many levels).

It's probably my favorite video game right now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »

I miss video games.  I miss my mom.

But seriously, I've had very little gaming time recently.  I'm in the middle of trying to beat Super Mario Galaxy (1! I know, really behind the times), and also play Civ 5 from time to time.  Mostly, though, I just do puzzles and whatnot online (nikoli!) or play quick games at Kongregate.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 06:37:02 pm »

I miss video games.  I miss my mom.

But seriously, I've had very little gaming time recently.  I'm in the middle of trying to beat Super Mario Galaxy (1! I know, really behind the times), and also play Civ 5 from time to time.  Mostly, though, I just do puzzles and whatnot online (nikoli!) or play quick games at Kongregate.

Oh hey, I'm currently playing through SMG! I mean it's not my first time, it's my 4th if the menus aren't lying about my file count, and each one was to 100%.

I play a lot of video games. Asides from You Have To Win The Game which I've talked about over in Random Stuff, I also play a lot of Fire Emblem. That's a good series, it's one that has a few links in to Dominion - it's a Strategy RPG which is turn based, and as you train your team up you can often start getting some ludicrously strong combos of things (like Dominion)
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

I've recently started optimizing and recording a Fire Emblem 6 0% growths run (for the third time).

That's a good series, it's one that has a few links in to Dominion - it's a Strategy RPG which is turn based, and as you train your team up you can often start getting some ludicrously strong combos of things (like Dominion)

You don't have to train your team at all to get some ludicrously strong combos  :D

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2013, 07:49:26 pm »
+1

In video games news, Hiroshi Yamauchi passed away this week.  He was the president of Nintendo who led the business from traditional playing cards through a series of failed toys and then eventually to video games.  He retired in the earlier 2000s, after the launch of the GameCube.
Well you *do* need a signature...

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

Minecraft is my favorite game. If it isn't yours, you're either haven't played it or you're lying.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2013, 11:44:47 pm »

Minecraft is my favorite game. If it isn't yours, you're either haven't played it or you're lying.

Box has played it.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2013, 07:54:56 am »
+2

Haven't played it, and it doesn't interest me.
A huge grind to do something that should even be a "game", sigh.

I am currently playing mainly (only) Dota 2. I've been into Dota for quite some time (5.84b, onwards, with a little pause in late 6.xx) I've also beta-tested old Dota: Allstars and was very involved with community.
I played wide array of RPGs (Diablo II the most), RTSs (WC3 the most) P&C Adventures (Monkey Island, Phoenix Wright) and a lot of Worms, as well. Wasn't too much into FRS, though I did try myself in few (CS).

Currently,  the game that I am looking forward to is Scribblenauts Unmasked. I loved previous Scribblenaut games, they were so unique and awesome. The worst thing was that you couldn't summon Batman. As I am a huge DC fan, ability to summon anybody who ever wore the name "Starman" is... priceless. The database of characters is so huge, this is months of fun!

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2013, 08:56:17 am »
+3

Scribblenauts utterly blew my mind when I first played it.  But it got rather tedious once I'd figured out sufficiently powerful entities to summon.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.