Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In which I beat Stef after passing my first turn  (Read 841 times)

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
In which I beat Stef after passing my first turn
« on: September 14, 2013, 08:45:49 am »
+2

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130914/log.50b20dc3e4b0c9ce0cf27eb3.1379161713918.txt

I thought I was clicking on the "play treasures" button, but I had already played my treasures before thinking about my opening, so it was the "end turn" button instead. Oops! I was Player 2, too.

The game has Masquerade, Stables and Herbalist. Herbalist is important not only because of its monopoly on +buy, but because you need Copper in your hand to start the Stables chain, or to pass to your opponent's Masquerade. On Turn 10, Stef neglects to put a Copper back, and has to pass me a Conspirator... I think that made up the lost turn in the opening.

At the end of Turn 11, I have in my hand Farming Village, Masquerade, and Remodel, so I Remodel the Masquerade into a Saboteur, draw it with the Farming Village, and play it immediately: luckily, I hit one of his only two Stables, preventing him from drawing his deck the next turn. Later I hit one of his Conspirators (after he already lost the split 4-6), and his Remodel.

On his Turn 13 he passes me a Herbalist, which leaves me with nothing in hand to discard to Stables! I was very lucky to draw a Copper with my last Farming Village, or I'd fall a turn behind again.

Finally, with three Provinces remaining, I end up with exactly $16 plus Province/Remodel in hand, just barely able to end the game. This one was really fun to play!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:49:43 am by Warfreak2 »
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

GeoLib

• Jester
  • Respect: +1265
    • View Profile
Re: In which I beat Stef after passing my first turn
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 04:20:28 pm »
+10

I wonder if Stef gets tired of seeing a new post on f.ds every time he loses a game... :P
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.