Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18  All

Author Topic: F.DS Le Havre (GAME OVER, WINNER: GHOSTOFMARS)  (Read 35977 times)

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
F.DS Le Havre (GAME OVER, WINNER: GHOSTOFMARS)
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:38 am »

So I have no idea how well this is going to work, but there has been some interest in playing Le Havre and I'm going to mod it!  Yay!  So while I'm working on the spreadsheet for the game, it would be nice to know how many players would be interested in playing.  So far theorel and Archetype have expressed interest.  Also: How well do you know the game already?  Thanks, and hopefully we'll be able to get a game going soon!

So I'm thinking either 3 or 4 players, so we need 1 or 2 more to get this going.  There is a lot of information for this game, so if you haven't played before it could be tough, but I think it will be manageable

Rules: http://www.boardgames.ro/LeHavreEN.pdf
Game link: The url is long, so click this

Players:
1. theorel
2. Archetype
3. ghostofmars
4. Jorbles
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:49:03 pm by AHoppy »

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 07:48:52 am »

INFO DUMP
Link to all the cards:
Here
Round overview:

Round overview tells you when ships come up and how much food you have to pay at the end of the round.  It also indicates when a building is built by the town and when a special building is built and when there is no harvest

Rules

How a turn is going to work:
I will do all the restocknig of supplies and stuff for you.  Really, all you're doing on your turn is posting which building you are going to enter/what offer you are going to take.  If you take marketplace, after you take your goods I will PM you the top 2 cards of the special buildings deck.  You will then tell me which card you want to be the top card.  You will also post any building purchases/sales you wish to make and any loan repayments.

In the spreadsheet, I have included a "Net Worth" column on the resources page.  This will have your total wealth, including all your buildings, ships and francs.

We will just be using the special buildings that come in the normal game.  Not Le Grand Hameau or any fan cards or what have you.  I am also planning on using the rules as written, unless there are serious objections. 
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 10:38:30 am by AHoppy »

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 07:49:03 am »

Here I will post how I will run the game.  The infodump will come shortly.  Here's how it is going to work:  Here is the link to the spreadsheet that has the game.  Since most of you have not played the game or are not super familiar with it, I set it only on view and you are going to post your actions in this thread and I will update the spreadsheet with your move.  That way, only one person (me) can screw up the game board (hopefully I won't, but who knows).  If this is too slow, then we can probably change it, but at least for the start I think this is good.

This spreadsheet has 4 sheets:
-Resources:This shows how many resources everyone has.  This is in two rows for each column with the basic and upgraded forms of the goods.  The top row is the basic goods (listed first in the column header) and the lower row is the upgraded good.  Also, (except hides/leather) the basic good is darker than the upgraded good.  Underneath the colorful rows of resources is what each resource is worth.
-Buildings:This sheet will show all the buildings that people can enter.  The buildings owned by the town are below as an example of how the buildings will be listed.  If someone is in the building, the cell underneath will be colored with that player's color.  The entry fee for the building is listed next to the building name in parentheses and the value of the building is in the next column.  1N means 1 food, and 1F means 1 franc. (I got this notation from the comprehensive building list on BGG, linked in the info dump.  It's a little strange, but both start with F so it's tough)  If the entry fee has a "/" you can choose to pay either entry fee, but not both or a mixture of both.  the value of a building is in francs, and with most buildings is constant.  However, some have a value listed as "40/16".  That means the building is worth 16 francs, but if you were to buy from the town/building proposals it would cost you 40 francs.
-Ships:This sheet tells you about your ships.  It tells you the number of each type of ship that you have as well as the values of those ships (below the number of each type that you have).  It also tells you the total amount of food you produce per turn, the capacity of all of your ships, and the net worth of all your ships.
-Board:This is where the building proposals and the resource offers are listed and eventually, the available ships.  Ships will come up at the end of each round and you can buy the top ship of a ship type.  The reference card posted in the dump will show you the order the ships come up in. The top building in each building proposal stack is available for construction or purchase.  When a building is purchased I will put a strikethrough in the box (or some other way of indicating the building is gone).  If, at the end of the round, a building is going to be built, I will highlight that building's number in yellow to indicate as such.  The offer spaces are below and indicate how many resources are on those offer spaces.  Below that is what I'm calling "the supply row".  It's the row of tiles that are face down at the start of the game and are revealed in round 1.  They indicate what resource is going to be restocked at the beginning of a player's turn. One of them will be red, indicating it is the interest tile. 
-Building Compendium:This final sheet is a list of all the basic buildings available in the game.  I have not included special buildings because that is a lot of work for not much reward.  We will be using special buildings, but I will add them to the compendium when they become available.  Some notation:  I already noted above the entry fee notation and the value notation.  Locked on an entry fee means the building cannot be entered.  Cost is a number followed by the first letter of the resource it costs to build it.  Type/symbols might be the most confusing column.  Most buildings have a type (C,I,E,N,P) and some buildings have an additional hammer or fisherman symbol (or both).  I have indicated that with a "1H" or "1F" or a "1H1F" for both.  The action column explains what the building does.  If you have any questions on my notation or whatever, just ask or refer to the link in the info dump.

So I think that covers everything.  I apologize for any complications or poor design.  This is my first time modding a PBF game and first time with a spreadsheet game, so we'll see what happens.  Any suggestions, questions or requests for redesigning the format are appreciated.  I hope you all have fun!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:52:13 pm by AHoppy »

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:16:19 am »

Familiarity with Le Havre:
I've heard of the game.
I've played Agricola.
I'll need to read the rules.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:23:01 am »

Ah yes, rules.  I'll link to them in the OP

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:37:32 pm »

Familiarity with Le Havre:
I've heard of the game.
I've played Agricola.
I'll need to read the rules.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:55:15 pm »

I would be interested in a game of Le Havre.

How well do you know the game already?
I've played Le Havre once with 4 players and the solo game a few times to get familiar with the rules. The latter is implemented as an java program
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/42763/jlehavre-1-26
It works with more players as well, but you have to swap different windows if you don't run via a server.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:41:50 am »

I would be interested in a game of Le Havre.

How well do you know the game already?
I've played Le Havre once with 4 players and the solo game a few times to get familiar with the rules. The latter is implemented as an java program
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/42763/jlehavre-1-26
It works with more players as well, but you have to swap different windows if you don't run via a server.
Yeah, I have used that before and it is cool, but I don't think it will work in a PBF format.  I'm still working on getting a spreadsheet made.  There are a lot of cards

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 02:20:16 am »

I like this game, and I've played before. If it's a PBF I'm in.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Signups closed)
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 02:22:29 am »

Alright, I closed signups.  If you don't know how to play the game, please read the rules in the OP.  I will try to get the game setup done sometime this week.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »

Will we use the rules as written or do we include the tweaks and recommendations?

In particular, we should decide in advance on the loan interest
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/456411/rules-tweak-for-loans-in-newer-editions-from-uwe
The change becomes effective if a player accumulates 4 or more loans, then the interest would increase to 2.

The recommendations are to avoid Clay Mound and Black Market as topmost building of any building proposal stack.

There are also some errata of some special buildings, but as only few of them will show up, it will probably not affect the game so much.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 06:59:52 pm »

I'm going to say no to the alternate interest rule.  I've never heard of it and I think the game is balanced without it.  I can make sure clay mound and BM are not top on any stack, that sounds fine.  It probably won't happen anyways.  I don't know of any special building errata, so I won't bother with that.  I was planning on determining what the special buildings are via random number generator and PM'ing them to people if they use marketplace. 

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2013, 04:20:43 pm »

I'm not in a rush, but I was worried I'd missed the start. What's the ETA for this?

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:00 pm »

I'm not in a rush, but I was worried I'd missed the start. What's the ETA for this?
Goooood question.  I'll try to get the setup finished up this weekend.  Hopefully.  I've never run a PBF game, and especially not one in a spreadsheet, so I'd be grateful if you bear with me and if my system for playing it is flawed/cumbersome, let me know.  Thanks!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 05:35:12 pm »

I'd rather wait a little longer, but I can start now if its unanimous.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2013, 05:37:46 pm »

It sounds like it won't start until at least the weekend. As I said I'm not in a rush, I just wanted to know when to start paying attention.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2013, 06:10:43 pm »

It sounds like it won't start until at least the weekend. As I said I'm not in a rush, I just wanted to know when to start paying attention.
Right.  I will try to get it started this weekend.  Sorry for the delay... Real life can be a bugger

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 12:49:18 pm »

We are almost ready to play, I just need to finish putting any more information in the Info dump, but I can't ATM.  For now though, look over the spreadsheet and ask any questions about it/make suggestions to improve it.  Read the 2nd and 3rd posts, and PM me how far away you live from a body of water.  We should be able to get this started tonight.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Check in Phase - Waiting on theorel and Archetype)
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 03:25:31 pm »

BUMP

Still waiting for a PM from theorel and Archetype.  If you have any questions on the rules (since I know you both haven't played before) or what's what on the spreadsheet, just let me know.  This is going to be a learning experience for everyone. 

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Round1 - Archetype)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »

Alrighty, everyone has checked in and the game has started.  Archtype goes first for living 0.5 miles from a body of water.  Have fun everyone!  Post your action in this thread and I will update the spreadsheet accordingly

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Round1 - Archetype)
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 06:28:12 pm »

Alright, I think I've got it.

Take 3 Wood.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Round1 - Jorbles)
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 06:32:39 pm »

Alright, I think I've got it.

Take 3 Wood.
Looks right to me.  Jorbles' turn

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 06:43:33 pm »

Take 2 Francs.
Buy B2-Building Firm for 6 Francs.

AHoppy

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 06:59:36 pm »

theorel

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
Re: F.DS Le Havre (Round1 - theorel)
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 09:14:17 pm »

take 2 clay
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 19 queries.