Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possession and Resigning  (Read 3124 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Possession and Resigning
« on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:18 am »

I just got this bug, and I'd like someone with cards to try replicating it.

I was in a Possession turn, and was in the middle of resolving my opponent's Apprentice when he resigned. Instead of taking me to the game over screen, I got stuck in the game. No clicking on any cards in hand, but I could access all the buttons to show the log, change settings, resign the game, etc. I did not auto-leave from a timeout, and eventually had to refresh Goko to get out.

drunkensailor found the game and says that I won, so I'm hoping it still counted as a win, but I didn't track my rating that closely so I don't know if I was credited with a win/rating change or not.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
Re: Possession and Resigning
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 05:49:19 am »

I just got this bug, and I'd like someone with cards to try replicating it.

I was in a Possession turn, and was in the middle of resolving my opponent's Apprentice when he resigned. Instead of taking me to the game over screen, I got stuck in the game. No clicking on any cards in hand, but I could access all the buttons to show the log, change settings, resign the game, etc. I did not auto-leave from a timeout, and eventually had to refresh Goko to get out.

drunkensailor found the game and says that I won, so I'm hoping it still counted as a win, but I didn't track my rating that closely so I don't know if I was credited with a win/rating change or not.

Drunkensailor's assessment of the result is based on the log, so it's no guarantee that Goko got it right when they adjusted your rating.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 03:13:04 am »

Just had this happen again. This time I saw my rating beforehand, and I think I got the points for the win. But my game still froze.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:17:35 am »
+3

When I saw this subject line, I was worried that Goko allowed a Possessor to make his victim resign.  That would be taking the "makes all decisions for him" clause a tad too literally.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Warfreak2

• Saboteur
  • KC->KC->[Scavenger, Scavenger, Lookout]
  • Respect: +1324
    • View Profile
    • Music what I do
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 11:39:24 am »
+1

I don't know if it's still not fixed, but it used to be that you could make your victim lose by timing out. I accidentally won a game against SheCantSayNo in this manner.
If the only engine on the board is Procession->Conspirator, I will play it.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:36:33 pm »

had a similar thing happen to me yesterday http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130915/log.51201cbee4b04e88c8da4f9a.1379288426662.txt

the log says mic qsenoch resigned, but during the last turn, while i was possessing him, i saw his cards and my cards in my hand.  it had frozen.

(i got lucky in that game.)
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 01:35:36 pm »

This happened to me yesterday against Geronimoo.  I had Throned Possession, then played another Possession.  Geronimoo said "gg" and I had assumed he resigned (the log shows he did at least), then the game just froze.

Here's the log: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130915/log.505e9c9c0cf2ef979299a7c0.1379268019503.txt.  Seems to have registered as a win for me, so no big deal.  But still, annoying.

Also: why is it such a pain to login to getsatisfaction?  I tried to login with my Google account and after three tries and three different error messages, I just gave up.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:37:38 pm by jaybeez »

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 06:36:57 pm »
+5

Also: why is it such a pain to login to getsatisfaction?  I tried to login with my Google account and after three tries and three different error messages, I just gave up.

Because that way it's all the more satisfying when you finally get to log in.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »

had a similar thing happen to me yesterday http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130915/log.51201cbee4b04e88c8da4f9a.1379288426662.txt

the log says mic qsenoch resigned, but during the last turn, while i was possessing him, i saw his cards and my cards in my hand.  it had frozen.

(i got lucky in that game.)

Sorry about that! I remember this thread now but I didn't think of it at the time. Hopefully I won't rage resign next time.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 02:35:17 pm »

like i said, i was lucky there (turn 5 possession anyone?).  no worries.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

Throwaway_bicycling

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »

So this bug/feature still exists. If your opponent resigns while being possessed, Goko freezes. (Just posting here to make sure that others know this hasn't been fixed. Good news is that you do seem to get credit for winning.)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.